Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Oct 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1444923)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Who's entered Dubai GT race?

Mentioned on the 2006 rumours thread is a Zakspeed Saleen entered for the Dubai GT race for November?

Does anyone know more about this event and is it similar to the couple of races we saw late last year in Dubai and Bahrain?

I think i saw some of it on tv, David Brabham and Simonsen did well in a 550?

Who's entered so far and with what?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1444937)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Think there's some confusion here - There are Dubai and Bahrain FIA GT races due in November,

The Bahrain GT Festival was a different thing altogether and isn't being repeated this year.

There is however going to be a 24 hour race in Dubai in January 2006 - No GT1 class for that one though
Old 27 Oct 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1444938)   #3
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year is a official FIAGT race, not a stand-alone event like last years. So expect a "common" entrylist.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1444941)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ah right, thanks Graham, i hadn't realised that the November races were part of the FIA series.

24 hours of Dubai sounds interesting though - however i'm fan of the bigger cars so a race like that without GT1 won't be as appealing.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1444945)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Can we expect Prodrive Aston's in these 2 events as it is surely a good market for them!!
Old 27 Oct 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1444995)   #6
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently, Zakspeed was supposed to enter the final 2 rounds. But they have been very "hush hush" about the project, only very small details has come out (and some of those details were not able to be confirmed).. so im a little skeptical at this point about seeing them on the grid in Dubai..
Old 27 Oct 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1445105)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

What's special about this outfit - ok i know Zakspeed's repuatation but what's the deal with this Saleen, is it much better than the old car?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1445117)   #8
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zakspeed took delievery some two weeks ago of their Saleen and tested it last weekend on the Nurburgring. Now the car is it´s way to Dubai.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1445130)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Who'll be pedalling it?

Alzen and Kaufmann or something?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1445168)   #10
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DSC reported Marcel Tiemann and Paolo Ruberti next to Uwe Alzen some time ago.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1445176)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Marcel Tiemann?! Where the heck has he been for the last few years?!!!
Old 27 Oct 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1445191)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Opel DTM testdriver and I think German endurance championship at The Ring.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1445196)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

I see, last i knew was when he was a DTM race driver or driving their champcar a few years back!

He's s decent driver if memory serves me correctly?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1445198)   #14
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Opel DTM Test and Taxi Driver, German Endurance "Langstreckenpokal" and this year also some Grand Am races and also Petit Le Mans in AJR 911.

His family has very goods relation to Zakspeed, his father raced sucuessful some years agao in Zakspeed cars at the Nordschleife.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1445286)   #15
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
Zakspeed took delievery some two weeks ago of their Saleen and tested it last weekend on the Nurburgring. Now the car is it´s way to Dubai.
Is that 100% confirmed? I did read something about this over in the Gt-eins forums, but I have yet to get confirmation from Zakspeed themselves that they did indeed take delivery of the car and tested it. I sure hope its true though...
Old 28 Oct 2005, 01:57 (Ref:1445623)   #16
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember that Dubai's own GT team was supposed to debut at Dubai FIA GT with two Aston Martins.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1445812)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What actually did happen to that team then ? They even had drivers mentioned last year , Pescatori !!!
Old 28 Oct 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1445950)   #18
Dauer 962
Veteran

They made a joint venture with Aston team of Brundle/Blundell/Price for the last races of this year
Old 28 Oct 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1445997)   #19
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
about real teams and cars ( :-) ) ,
second car for GPC (F575) and maybe for Labre (F550) !
Old 28 Oct 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1446105)   #20
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
I remember that Dubai's own GT team was supposed to debut at Dubai FIA GT with two Aston Martins.
Not going to happen
Old 29 Oct 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1446968)   #21
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
Opel DTM Test and Taxi Driver, German Endurance "Langstreckenpokal" and this year also some Grand Am races and also Petit Le Mans in AJR 911.

His family has very goods relation to Zakspeed, his father raced sucuessful some years agao in Zakspeed cars at the Nordschleife.
Didn't he also race for A:Level in the LMES?
Old 30 Oct 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1447885)   #22
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor
Didn't he also race for A:Level in the LMES?
Yes, he took Eric van de Poele´s place at Monza, Silverstone and Nurburging
Old 8 Nov 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1455504)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Stéphane Ortelli will join Russian Age Racing for the Dubai round of the FIA GT Championship, teaming up with Christophe Bouchut in the team's Aston Martin DBR9. The Ferrari 550 Maranello will be driven by Nikolai Fomenko and Alexei Vasiliev.
Full article: http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=785

This is good news.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1455665)   #24
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Good news for the championship, bad news for the coverage. With Eurosports love for Bouchut and Ortelli they'll probably move in with the Cirtek boys

Will be awesome to see them both in action though, and it'll be interesting where the russian boys stand without Bouchut.
Old 9 Nov 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1456035)   #25
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Will be awesome to see them both in action though, and it'll be interesting where the russian boys stand without Bouchut.
They result will depend on how short Formenko will be in the car. He’s usually not the one who impresses by amazing speed.