Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2001, 21:59 (Ref:103108)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The Pure Genius of

Michael Schumacher

Having just watched Qualifying from Canada.There is now no doubt in my mind that Michael Schumacher is the best driver on the planet..What do you have to say on the subject?
Old 9 Jun 2001, 23:39 (Ref:103149)   #2
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing..., except that he has the best car either...
Old 9 Jun 2001, 23:44 (Ref:103152)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I'm pretty sure he won't beat me in a byke race, because I cheat !!!!

Ok, he's the best F1 driver in the world... nothing else !
Old 10 Jun 2001, 00:23 (Ref:103161)   #4
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jersound, youre telling me something I've known for the last 10 years.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 00:27 (Ref:103162)   #5
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Were there doubts before Jersound?
True, he might be the best driver in F1 at the moment but is he the fairest?
In my books he is the best driver / worst personality but JPM is closing the gap personality wise.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 00:27 (Ref:103163)   #6
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, I admit that TGF is the best driver out of the current field. But that doesn't make me like him any more. And with his brother Ralf improving all the time, I'm wondering how long that can last.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 00:29 (Ref:103164)   #7
Alan Jones
Veteran

Bonomi said

Quote:
Well, I'm pretty sure he won't beat me in a byke race, because I cheat !!!!
Shu has been known to do the same thing, lookout Bonomi!
Old 10 Jun 2001, 00:50 (Ref:103176)   #8
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Ok, I admit that TGF is the best driver out of the current field. But that doesn't make me like him any more. And with his brother Ralf improving all the time, I'm wondering how long that can last.
Thats only a matter of time . I totaly agree but MS will be this great for some time yet
Old 10 Jun 2001, 02:18 (Ref:103185)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Okay so I have to own up about two things here..

I started this thread because I believe Michael really is in a class of his own,and have done since his days at Benneton..

Secondly,I knew that some of you who just don't care for the man would reply anyway..I have read much criticism concerning his arrogance and his lack of personality...I am wondering if some of you confuse a show of confidence as Michael appearing to be arrogant? He is VERY pragmatic, say's it like it is..Maybe that is what you don't care for..IMHO a driver like Montoya does not have the panache of someone like Scuhmacher.. Montoya is fast but so what!
Old 10 Jun 2001, 02:22 (Ref:103186)   #10
Alan Jones
Veteran

jersound,
are you confessing to stirring the pot?

You're not the only one!
Old 10 Jun 2001, 02:26 (Ref:103187)   #11
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Oh please, let's not get into the reasons "Why we dislike Schumacher". I think we all have our own variations as to why we dislike the man. Me personally I have allready stated my reasons in great detail and really don't care to go into them again.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 02:34 (Ref:103189)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Sorry Alan..It is not my intention to stir up any of you guys..I don't see the problem with this Schumacher chap..He drives like god in That red car of his..He brought Ferrari back from the dead..Another driver is on a hot lap in Qualifying..He moves out of the way..

He is very informative in interviews.. He is polite..The team worship the man???
Old 10 Jun 2001, 02:35 (Ref:103190)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Yes RD, we have been down that road to many times.

And AJ, I can't beleive anyone would deliberately stir things up

Jersound, there is no doubting he is the class of the field, love him or hate him, he's the greatest driver out there. JMP is just a wannabe.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 04:04 (Ref:103210)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote: "there is no doubting he is the class of the field, love him or hate him, he's the greatest driver out there"

Agree 100%...i never doubt the fact...NEVER!
Old 10 Jun 2001, 11:16 (Ref:103278)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JerSound,

I consider you think he's fantastic, as you can see him on TV like that.
Did you watch the others greatest too ? Their driving skills, opinions, thoughts and the way they replied to different enviroments ?
You still got some of them around the pitlane, Prost, Lauda and sometimes Stewart.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 11:46 (Ref:103293)   #16
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, I admit it. TGF is good

I listened to qualifying on Radio 5, cursing him as he did his laps ("jammy *******, grrrr!" etc etc), but having seen the delayed coverage on ITV, he made it look so easy, I feel a need to acknowledge that he is actually rather good. Whether he is as good as Mika is still debatable though ;P

...and what on earth happened to Mika? Will his luck ever change?

hohum, Schumacher 1-2 today. Which one comes first is anyones guess, but with Mika out of contention I can just sit back, not worry, and hope we're in for some good racing today between the brothers Schu. Oh, and go on DC/Trulli too!
Old 10 Jun 2001, 16:08 (Ref:103407)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
He da man
Old 11 Jun 2001, 01:05 (Ref:103648)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Yes Bononi many times...Prost drove very intelligently and very smoothly. Mr perfection..I was not involved in F1 racing during Nicki Laudas time unfortunaly for me!
Old 11 Jun 2001, 01:37 (Ref:103652)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I DISAGREE

I disagree with all of you . The guy is getting old, and there is a young driver coming along and if he is not better than TGF, he certainly is just as good already. In another couple of years, all of you will agree with me, so until then, we can disagree. I can wait!! The young driver's name is Ralf!!
Old 11 Jun 2001, 01:39 (Ref:103653)   #20
Raoul Duke
Veteran

VB I completely agree with you. But Ralf is not quite there yet. He will be before long.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 01:49 (Ref:103658)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Valve..

I am talking about now..Not two years down the road..But I agree with you that the younger Schumacher is starting to come into his own..
Old 11 Jun 2001, 03:33 (Ref:103696)   #22
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I'm still waiting for Dino and AMoffat to respond.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 04:22 (Ref:103707)   #23
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound
Montoya is fast but so what!
This thread is obviously about TGF, so, why is your paranoia with Montoya ???
When did he say that he will be the next F1 Champion ?
There are other drivers on the grid... with more experience and not so many points...
Old 11 Jun 2001, 05:27 (Ref:103723)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Speed
why is your paranoia with Montoya ???
When did he say that he will be the next F1 Champion

First of all Montoya will not be involved in Formula1 long enough for anyone to become paranoid about him, least of all me!

And secondly Mr Speed the other drivers on the grid are not driving a Williams...Yes the thread is about Michael Schumacher!
Old 11 Jun 2001, 06:47 (Ref:103746)   #25
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry if this is off topic!

I find interesting that little quote from Post-race press conference:
Question: Mika, what does it feel like to finish third behind not one but two Schumachers?
Mika Hakkinen: Lucky there's not three! Then there would be a problem.