Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 May 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1621485)   #1
DeoValente
Racer

DeoValente has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa

I was not impressed with him today. Even Shumi had a few overtaking manouvres, Fisi did some but for him in a ferrari stay so long behind midlands is unforgivable imo. In the end he didnt even have points so why not push a bit more? Overall i am not impressed with him and think Ferrari had done better keeping Rubens one more year, who was consistant and not crashhappy.
Old 28 May 2006, 21:42 (Ref:1621487)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And who was unhappy and wanted to leave Ferrari.

Massa has done alright, better than I thought. But he isn't Ferrari material as he is just too inconsistent.
Old 28 May 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1621491)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes he was quite quiet in the race, but he still did that great drive from the back where was it Malaysia when he finished higher then Michael in the points.
Old 28 May 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1621497)   #4
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa has been a bit disappointing for me this year. He's had the pace I expected but has made too many costly errors. If he can settle down though I think he'll grow better as the year goes on and hopefully rack up some points.
Old 28 May 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1621500)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It would be helpful if he would restrain from spinning off on his first flying qualifying lap.
Old 28 May 2006, 22:30 (Ref:1621510)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speaking to TV, he was clearly disapointed before the race, due to the bad qualifying and the overall mood within the team after TGF was penalized.
Old 28 May 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1621518)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well I don't suppose team morale would've been over the moon...
Old 29 May 2006, 00:12 (Ref:1621551)   #8
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay
Massa has been a bit disappointing for me this year. He's had the pace I expected but has made too many costly errors. If he can settle down though I think he'll grow better as the year goes on and hopefully rack up some points.
That's not the sort of statement you expect to make about a Ferrari driver though, is it?
Old 29 May 2006, 00:19 (Ref:1621556)   #9
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
That's not the sort of statement you expect to make about a Ferrari driver though, is it?
Hey Joe! Are you suffering from insomnia? Ask your significant other (if any) for a 'Massa'ge.
Old 29 May 2006, 00:23 (Ref:1621561)   #10
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Hey Joe! Are you suffering from insomnia? Ask your significant other (if any) for a 'Massa'ge.
evening Louis..I see the jokes haven't got any better in my absence!
Old 29 May 2006, 00:30 (Ref:1621567)   #11
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
evening Louis..I see the jokes haven't got any better in my absence!
Old 29 May 2006, 01:51 (Ref:1621597)   #12
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa has been doing a very good job this year IMO, monaco was never going to be his race, he's just not precise enough. My opinion of Massa is that he's a very good driver, but limited, in that he will have bogey tracks where he will not do very well, due to his overexuberant driving style. Ferrari knew this when they signed him, and certainly rubens (and quite a few current drivers) have bogey tracks as well, so don't crucify massa on one bad performance... his otherraces have been pretty good (excluding albert park)... 5 out of 7 decent races with a new team is a fair, though not spectacular score sheet by todays F1 standards...

his best races will be the high speed circuits like canada and monza IMO, where i expect him to do very well...
Old 29 May 2006, 14:39 (Ref:1622090)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa finished 10th. and never hit a thing.
Old 29 May 2006, 14:49 (Ref:1622096)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An ineffective race I thought. Certainly highlighted the difference in class between Felipe and Michael.

Still, he's only keeping the seat warm for Kimi.
Old 29 May 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1622182)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I keep wondering who's keeping the seat warm for Kimi...
Old 29 May 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1622330)   #16
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wasn't impressed with him on saturday when he crashed.....
He has a lot to learn
Old 30 May 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1623066)   #17
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Massa is doing what we could expect from him. He had the worst track record of a new Ferrari driver before stteping in the team. He may have the talent, but only time will tell if he was ready for the job. Last weekend he showed he's not, but maybe this can change during the season. Let's wait and see...
Old 30 May 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1623289)   #18
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa was destined for a mediocre race the minute Michael was sent to the back. Talk about a team that can rally around a driver, not Massa though.
This was an "all hands on deck" call for MS. I think Massa did pretty well considering he was, in effect, racing for Team Massa.
Of course I could be wrong.....
Mike
Old 30 May 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1623296)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I think it is fair to say, though, that Massa did not pass as many cars, nor did he drive as fast, as Michael.

It ain't all down to evil Ferrari.
Old 30 May 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1623321)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp356a
Massa was destined for a mediocre race the minute Michael was sent to the back. Talk about a team that can rally around a driver, not Massa though.
This was an "all hands on deck" call for MS. I think Massa did pretty well considering he was, in effect, racing for Team Massa.
Of course I could be wrong.....
Mike
Spot on.
Old 30 May 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1623343)   #21
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
*After having read the entire thread: Sigh!*

F1 fans (and I include myself in the lot) suffer from very short memories.

Massa is in a new team driving a new car. It takes time to adapt. When both Irvine and MS joined Ferrari in 1996, Michael ended up the season in third position in the race for the WDC title (with 59 points) while Irvine finished 10th (with 11 points). When Rubens Barrichello joined Ferrari in 2000, Michael finished 1st (with 108 points) while Rubens finished 4th (with 62 points). Michael is currently 2nd (with 43 points) while Massa is 6th (with 20 points). This is nothing to be ashamed of and FM's knowledge of the car will improve as the season progresses.
Old 30 May 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1623346)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Gawd Louis, I really forgot that one !
Old 30 May 2006, 22:39 (Ref:1623381)   #23
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Gawd Louis, I really forgot that one !
It's a shame, I thought you would like what I had written and that, in a moment of forgiveness and compassion that only you, Santo Bononi ( ), is able of, you would free me from these warnings I am dragging behind me from JV threads to non-JV threads like a ghost with his chains.
Old 31 May 2006, 00:28 (Ref:1623445)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Sorry mate, but warnings (read sins) can only be purged by doing something good in the same proportion that you had inflicted the bad one... call it karma or action/reaction, this is the prime law !
Old 31 May 2006, 04:45 (Ref:1623512)   #25
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
I fear that the road to redemption is not for me...

Last edited by Louis B.; 31 May 2006 at 04:51.