Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 4 Feb 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2825968)   #1
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Approval from local ASN for organising races abroad

I need your help on this: suppose a national series wants to race outside its country, are the series organisers obliged to seek approval from the local ASN or not? Can't they just rent their circuit of choice and get on with it?
Old 16 Feb 2011, 14:05 (Ref:2832136)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sorry no-one was able to confirm with you gfp.

Have you found out what you need since you posted this?
Old 16 Feb 2011, 16:58 (Ref:2832208)   #3
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not really but then again I might have been asking in the wrong section of 10-10ths. Do you think my question has a better chance if moved?
Old 16 Feb 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2832279)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
let's try the racers forum and see if they can help!

*pulls a few levers and presses a few buttons*
Old 16 Feb 2011, 20:20 (Ref:2832318)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'll move it to Nat and Club or Historics in a few days if no one answers.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2832885)   #6
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Is it a series or a championship? If it's a series, then it will up to the organising club or entity and they can organise under a permit from the local ASN without reference to their 'home' ASN (except as a courtesy)..... at least if the 'home' ASN is the MSA in the UK.
If it's a championship run under an UK MSA championship permit then the round to be held outside the UK has to be registered with the MSA although it will still run under the local ASN jurisdiction. I believe that I'm correct in that a UK championship is limited to 1 round outside of the UK (but that has been subject to 'dispensation').
I believe that some organisers in the UK have 'got round' this by registering their championship with the Luxembourg ASN, which of course, does not have any national race circuits and therefore all the rounds will be 'abroad'
Just out of interest, Croix en Ternois in France used to have an MSA Circuit Licence and thus meetings could be organised under an MSA permit. Alas - no more!
Hope that helps