Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:50 (Ref:915731)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For all you video gamers out there - IndyCar Series 2005!

This is probably better off in AE, but if my fellow mods don't have a problem with this I'd like to keep it here for a few days

New York, NY – March 15, 2004 – Codemasters, a global interactive entertainment software publisher and premier developer of racing video games, today announced the return of the fastest race on earth with IndyCar® Series 2005. Shipping this summer for the next generation console systems, IndyCar Series 2005 is officially licensed by the Indy Racing League® and gets a boost with a host of all-new features, including head-to-head online play, improved graphics and more.

High-Speed Oval Racing Goes Online In IndyCar Series 2005

New York, NY – March 15, 2004 – Codemasters, a global interactive entertainment software publisher and premier developer of racing video games, today announced the return of the fastest race on earth with IndyCar® Series 2005. Shipping this summer for the next generation console systems, IndyCar Series 2005 is officially licensed by the Indy Racing League® and gets a boost with a host of all-new features, including head-to-head online play, improved graphics and more.

“Now racing fans everywhere can compete online against their friends and real drivers from their own living rooms,” said Steven Lux, senior vice president of U.S. marketing for Codemasters. “Imagine meeting up online with Dan Wheldon or Sam Hornish Jr. and racing against them at the Indianapolis 500®. We’ve made that all possible in IndyCar Series 2005.”

It is the only game to feature the full IndyCar Series season including the Indianapolis 500, allowing drivers to compete from Pole Day to Bump Day to race day as one of the 33 drivers in The Greatest Spectacle in Racing®. Racing action is realistic, accessible and authentic down to the very last detail, including TV-style presentation with race introductions by ABC Sports broadcasters.

A completely authentic and realistic IRL® racing experience, IndyCar Series 2005 features:

-Head-to-head online play with up to 12 players simultaneously
-15 IndyCar Series tracks, including the Indianapolis Motor Speedway®, Texas Motor Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway, Pikes Peak International Raceway and the newly featured Twin Ring Motegi Speedway in Japan
-All-new steering wheel support
-Realistically functioning rear-view mirrors so drivers can watch their back
-Official drivers, tracks, rules and sponsors of the IndyCar Series
-Ability to re-create a full season competing as a favorite driver, including Sam Hornish Jr., Gil de Ferran, Al Unser Jr., Scott Dixon, Helio Castroneves, Sarah Fisher and more
-Up to 33 cars on the track simultaneously
-Updated Masterclass training mode narrated by 2003 IndyCar Series Bombardier and Autosport Rookie of the Year Dan Wheldon

IndyCar Series 2005 features an advanced and updated genetic “AI” system that renders each race as a unique experience. The “AI” drivers actually race and make dynamic strategic decisions, defend their position, draft to pass other drivers and even make mistakes.

ABOUT CODEMASTERS

Codemasters is a global interactive entertainment company with offices in New York City, England, France, Spain, Holland and Germany. Founded in the UK in 1986, Codemasters publishes award-winning software for the PC, next generation video game consoles and online gaming. Codemasters develops original titles such as Operation Flashpoint (PC Game-of-the-Year) and ToCA Race Driver, as well as games based on top licensed properties including American Idol, MTV Music Generator and IndyCar Series. Additional information about Codemasters and its products can be found at www.codemasters.com

This is great news. Not only is this great for fans, it's fantastic promotion for the League, and can introduce a countless amount of new fans to the series. I'll certinly be getting a copy. The first game was great!

Scott Dixon at IMS...

Last edited by Down F0rce; 22 Mar 2004 at 21:51.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 21:57 (Ref:915743)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree DF, the first game was great, and I have to say, it gave me a whole new appreciation for high speed, open wheel, oval racing.

And your right, it is a great marketing tool, because it worked on me! I went from being a casual IRL fan, to being a real IRL enthusiast, and that game played a part in that. Good stuff!

Danica Patrick
Old 22 Mar 2004, 23:06 (Ref:915811)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking good, but they should've got Papyrus to do it, as I'm fairly sure they are just sitting on their butts (As they deserve to do), after making the worlds best Stockcar Series.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 00:10 (Ref:915874)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and the worlds best simulator, Grand Prix Legends
Old 23 Mar 2004, 03:24 (Ref:916004)   #5
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If its a 2005 version is it going to have Road America, Long beach etc...
Old 23 Mar 2004, 10:17 (Ref:916242)   #6
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick B
If its a 2005 version is it going to have Road America, Long beach etc...

The first version was a very impressive simulation and I've read that the next will support Xbox Live, which would make it really interesting. Possibly even worth buying Think I mentioned before that the game was originally gonna be a Ferrari F-355 racer, so just remember - "IndyCar Series - Powered by Ferrari"
Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:09 (Ref:916450)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or if it is a 2005 version, why is Gil De Ferran in it?
Old 23 Mar 2004, 15:49 (Ref:916630)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's based on 2003. No idea why it's called "2005".
Old 25 Mar 2004, 01:15 (Ref:918613)   #9
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you what platforms it will be released on?
Old 25 Mar 2004, 07:22 (Ref:918794)   #10
wblh
Rookie

wblh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a demo of IRL at Texas which I did`nt deem quite good enough to warrent purchasing, Is this the same sim? I am almost tempted to resurrect my old ICR2 which worked bloody well. I sometimes wonder if the world of of racing sims has actually progressed in the last couple of years
Old 25 Mar 2004, 07:30 (Ref:918797)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
That screenshot is totally impressive.
I'm still playing CPR. Or at least I was, until one of the kids broke my wheel (for the 2nd time - 2 diff wheels) about a month ago.
Off-topic, but since these tourneys have been televised, I've been playing alot of Texas Hold'em on the computer!
Quote:
Shipping this summer for the next generation console systems
Am I to assume that it's not being made for the PC?
Old 25 Mar 2004, 13:02 (Ref:919081)   #12
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
wblh, that was the original IndyCar Series. This is the sequel.

Right now, Xbox & PS2 are the only confirmed formats - but I don't see why a PC version wouldn't follow.