Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Apr 2009, 15:53 (Ref:2441488)   #1
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
U.S.Trans Am Reborn

Virginia International Raceway, April 17-19
Round #2 of the Mighty Milk Trans Am Series will be held this coming Sunday, April 19.

Winner of the season's first race Greg Pickett will be piloting the #6 Mighty Milk Jaguar XKR when the green flag drops. Among the field of 20 cars, including Corvette, Camaro, Mazda, Mustang and Monte Carlo, will be a total of four fully race prepared Jaguar XKRs.

For additional Series information and a schedule of this weekend's festivities at VIR, please go to www.sccatrans-am.com

When I find out what Mighty Milk is, I'll let you know. I plan on buying lots of it.

Andrew Bernstein
British Auto Care
Old 15 Apr 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2441521)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
Virginia International Raceway, April 17-19
Round #2 of the Mighty Milk Trans Am Series will be held this coming Sunday, April 19.

Winner of the season's first race Greg Pickett will be piloting the #6 Mighty Milk Jaguar XKR when the green flag drops. Among the field of 20 cars, including Corvette, Camaro, Mazda, Mustang and Monte Carlo, will be a total of four fully race prepared Jaguar XKRs.

For additional Series information and a schedule of this weekend's festivities at VIR, please go to www.sccatrans-am.com

When I find out what Mighty Milk is, I'll let you know. I plan on buying lots of it.

Andrew Bernstein
British Auto Care

I am not so sure you will ever find 'Mighty Milk', and whatever it is it has nothing to do with the 'new' Trans-Am series. Muscle Milk is a fitness nutritional suppliment line offered by Cytosport (Greg Pickett) along with other similar products targeted for specific health/fitness goals. http://www.cytosport.com/products/muscle-milk

L.P.
Old 15 Apr 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2441526)   #3
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I am not so sure you will ever find 'Mighty Milk',

L.P.
Isn't that what gave Mighty Mouse his powers? Much like spinach and Popeye!

DK
Old 15 Apr 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2441633)   #4
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The link worked just fine for me.

So did the Rocketsports website. I work on Jag engines every day, so I'd like to have a peek at a 4.2 Litre, 650 HP, normally aspirated Jaguar.

Andrew Bernstein
Old 15 Apr 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2441662)   #5
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Muscle Milk Trans Am Series was announced a number of months ago and looks interesting with decent fields, plus it gives the old GT-1 and Trans Am cars a place to race rather than local or regional SCCA events. If they were coming to a track near me I'd definitely check it out...
Old 15 Apr 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2441663)   #6
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
mighty big apology to MUSCLE MILK

Greetings,

Although I've yet to try it, here's hoping that MUSCLE MILK is effective for bodily DAMAGE CONTROL. And for washing down a bit of crow.

With sincere apologies to MUSCLE MILK,

Andrew Bernstein
British Auto Care
Old 15 Apr 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2441672)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Maybe mods can merge this topic with this one:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111814
Old 15 Apr 2009, 22:02 (Ref:2441783)   #8
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Trans Am Today, not yesterday

Greetings Fire,

Thanks for the suggestion. If I have a voice in it, I'd ask that this thread not be merged with the older one you referenced.

The first two pages was keyboard racing about how paltry an effort this series was going to be.

Now that it is underway, and there are actual races to attend, I'd rather not have the skeptical speculation attached to it. I'd rather go see the Trans Am's race, and inspect the competitors' cars, myself.

So I hope to be at VIR this weekend, and posted the notice in case other readers might be interested in making up their own minds too. For sure I'll attend the Trans Am race at Mid Ohio, and perhaps a few others.

I'm an ancient Can Am/ FA wrench, but have spent the last 26 years working on Jaguar road cars...so maybe that puts me in a niche market as an interested spectator, and I won't have much company.

With that in mind, I am working to encourage sponsorship of Trans Am events by individual Jaguar Dealerships in the vicinity of the venues. As stated in the dead old thread, there is zero participation to date from Jaguar Cars. That is a great waste of a great promotional opportunity. Nothing new there, either.

It doesn't make a bit of difference to the average prospective racing fan, or prospective Jaguar buyer, that the XKR is a wolf in sleek clothing. Staging competitive events in contemporary cars makes for great racing and brand loyalty. One paddock pass and one MUSCLE MILK, please.

A video from Round #1 at Road Atlanta is worth alot more than my 1,000 words:
http://www.sccatrans-am.com/?page_id=539

Not much missing there, except a big bunch of Jaguar, Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, Mazda and Monte Carlo owners cheering their boys on. There's a 20 car field entered this weekend: if I don't make it and the racing sucks, I won't have missed much.

If the racing looks just like the footage from Round #1, and it will, I'm of the opinion that the naysayers will be missing ALOT.

Andrew Bernstein
British Auto Care
Old 20 Apr 2009, 01:35 (Ref:2445104)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Maybe mods can merge this topic with this one:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111814
naw...change the title too Round 2 of SCCA Trans Am and let JagTechOH tell us about the VIR round as I did about Round One.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114170
thanks for the helpful suggestion, tho.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2445111)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
A video from Round #1 at Road Atlanta is worth alot more than my 1,000 words:
http://www.sccatrans-am.com/?page_id=539

Not much missing there, except a big bunch of Jaguar, Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, Mazda and Monte Carlo owners cheering their boys on. There's a 20 car field entered this weekend: if I don't make it and the racing sucks, I won't have missed much.

If the racing looks just like the footage from Round #1, and it will, I'm of the opinion that the naysayers will be missing ALOT.

Andrew Bernstein
British Auto Care
well, i USED to own a 6 cyl Monte but i had to dump it years ago. for there to be more support from owners of the cars, i think that the manufacturers will need to get back in the game, which ain't happenin anytime soon.
but being at roadatli agree that folks who do not appreciate the series as what it is, are missing out on really quick cars and POTENTIALLY a very fine return.
things will need to change for the fans to come back....i think we still have a bad taste from a certain Jag owner who decided to run the series into the ground.
with that being said, let us know what you thought of the VIR event this weekend.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 02:12 (Ref:2445117)   #11
Ryan
Rookie

United States
Wisconsin
Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the Road America event schedule, the trans am race is listed on a separate weekend by itself. Is this race just a track rental?
Old 20 Apr 2009, 03:47 (Ref:2445156)   #12
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
VIR results posted

Klaus Graf was dispatched to the end of the field after failing tech inspection for a wing height infraction. No pole for Jaguar.

By lap 11, he had carved his way through the field and taken the lead, holding on to win the race by .5 sec.

I was stuck at home, and watched the Indy Car Long Beach Grand Prix. Outside of track position gains through pit strategy, I think I saw three passes in the entire race.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2445508)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
[SCCA] Trans Am Round 2: VIR

Quote:
Klaus Graf was dispatched to the end of the field after failing tech inspection for a wing height infraction. No pole for Jaguar.

By lap 11, he had carved his way through the field and taken the lead, holding on to win the race by .5 sec

I was stuck at home, and watched the Indy Car Long Beach Grand Prix. Outside of track position gains through pit strategy, I think I saw three passes in the entire race.
too bad you couldn't make it....missed another Jag victory
but hey, there were a couple of more cars on the grid with a couple big names---great to Klaus back in the series he won. also good to see Diaz Jr. back as well.
qualifying:
http://www.sccatrans-am.com/?p=642
and for the second race in a row, the former track record was shattered...this time by 2.3 seconds. i'm tellin you, these cars are still very VERY quick.
the race:
http://www.sccatrans-am.com/?p=651
.....gaining some steam, this series is.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2447060)   #14
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
What are the engine displacement and induction rules they are using now.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2447093)   #15
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Hopefully someone else can answer your question Bob, I only know the Jag is a 4.5 with direct injection. I'd like to know what setup they use nowadays too, it looks alot like the old mechanical injection from Can Am days.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2451565)   #16
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully someone else can answer your question Bob, I only know the Jag is a 4.5 with direct injection. I'd like to know what setup they use nowadays too, it looks alot like the old mechanical injection from Can Am days.
Trans Am is running SCCA GT-1 rules for the most part.......all the Jags run the Ford engine, the Jag AJ motor is not allowed in Trans Am any longer.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2451609)   #17
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Well now you've outed me, I don't have a clue as to what I am talking about.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2452214)   #18
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well now you've outed me, I don't have a clue as to what I am talking about.
Not to worry for Jag AJ-V8 fans.....the ALMS GT-2 XKs will have the brand new 2010 model year Jag AJ-133 motors in them from day one.