Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 May 2002, 11:38 (Ref:290170)   #1
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
welcome 2....

the new curve...
Old 20 May 2002, 11:46 (Ref:290188)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks.

It might just be the perspective, but inifinite gravel trap

Where was the picture taken from (in the spectator area)?
How close can you get to the track at this point?
What about on the other side? (fairground side)
Old 20 May 2002, 12:00 (Ref:290213)   #3
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
adam

a little lost in the perspective, but the gravel trap here is BIG...although not as big as the section where it joins the bugatti circuit...i think i saw john mills lost in a truck there

the spectator area is about 10 foot behind me, but its lost a lot of height since last year and the debris fencing is still there. although you do get a good view of them as they take the corner to the right of this picture.

fairground side isn't nearly as far away, although as you can see the track pulls away at the apex where it rejoins the old esses.

the fairground side view i thought was pretty spectacular...the cars are obviously a little slower as the come from under the bridge, but you can get a good look-see as they go by, and follow them all the way as they swoop down. if anything its the view from inside opposite thats lost a little.
Old 20 May 2002, 13:22 (Ref:290363)   #4
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought I'd throw in a couple of shots I took from just down from the Dunlop Bridge.
Gives a slightly wider view.
Rusty
Attached Images

Old 20 May 2002, 13:26 (Ref:290371)   #5
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
Second image didn't want to attach first time round, so here it is now !
Rusty
Attached Thumbnails
esses 3.jpg  
Old 20 May 2002, 13:32 (Ref:290388)   #6
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The great thing about the new part of the track is that you can see the cars for a long stretch of tarmac. You can't get that close, but you can see them come under the bridge and corkscrew all the way down into the esses. At PQ a lot of people were watching from there.

FG
Old 20 May 2002, 13:36 (Ref:290398)   #7
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
I loved the view from where I was, don't know what it'll be like on race day, but I'd imagine you'll need to get there damned early if you wan to bag the best spots.
I didn't get around to the fairground side, but the two tiers of banking must provide sensational viewing from the bridge and pretty much all the way round to tertre rouge.
Rusty
Old 20 May 2002, 13:46 (Ref:290419)   #8
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmph! That's it, I'm boycotting. No way I'm going to LeMans this year!
Old 20 May 2002, 15:20 (Ref:290493)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still miss the old version.

*walks off grumpily*
Old 20 May 2002, 16:28 (Ref:290600)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's a Young Conservative, see
Old 20 May 2002, 16:45 (Ref:290612)   #11
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
I still miss the old version.

*walks off grumpily*
Joking apart, so do we all. Most irritating is that these changes were not implemented to improve the safety of the cars (though I think they probably have) but to improve the safety for the bikes. The profile of the track both before and after the Dunlop Bridge has been changed for the FIM.

Sadly the ACO have these changes forced on them in order to keep the bike races at the circuit.

We have to take what positive things we can from this, and the viewing area for the public is now very good.

* Gallic shrug * !!

FG
Old 20 May 2002, 16:58 (Ref:290618)   #12
kdr
Veteran

i did try to attach an image of the old layout as "welcome3" , but the computer didn't want to know. i guess that says it all!

btw rusty...i took a picture at tertre rouge, looking backwards. you can now see all the way back to the dunlop bridge...so i guess you're right.

still a shame about all that gravel though.
Old 20 May 2002, 18:22 (Ref:290695)   #13
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
Yeah, those sand pits are huge, I'd like to know what engineer worked those out. I guess he must have put a decimal point in the wrong place when he was working out the speeds, looks like he's allowed for vehicles leaving the circuit at 1500mph ( won't be the Morgan then ). At least they haven't screwed up viewing like they have at Indianapolis where it now virtually impossible to see up the track unless you are 8 feet tall or have a step ladder !! ( same engineer maybe ?? Maybe he should team up with the guys at Rockingham and their porous surfaced track, which is now being completely resurfaced !! Whoops )

Rusty

( Not long to go now boys woo hoo !!)
Old 21 May 2002, 01:37 (Ref:291037)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i think i saw john mills lost in a truck there
I think that dates you a bit doesn't it, "Alex"?

Now where did I leave that shovel? Oh yes, somewhere out near Mulsanne Corner, I think........
Old 21 May 2002, 08:05 (Ref:291166)   #15
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Make sure you keep those beers ice cold.
Old 21 May 2002, 08:15 (Ref:291172)   #16
kdr
Veteran

sylvia sims...mmmm

milka duno...eat your heart out!
Old 21 May 2002, 13:29 (Ref:291471)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
sylvia sims...mmmm

Yep, Sylvia was quite a looker in her day!

By the way, here's one of Fab's shots of the location we've been talking of

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...Fab/FabTD1.jpg

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 May 2002 at 13:32.
Old 21 May 2002, 13:32 (Ref:291478)   #18
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...Fab/FabTD1.jpg
Dudd link Ayse.

FG
Old 21 May 2002, 13:34 (Ref:291481)   #19
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
sylvia sims...mmmm

Sorry, it's Milka for me every time. A brainy South American bimbo with as 220mph car. She can give me a lift anytime.

FG
Old 21 May 2002, 13:43 (Ref:291505)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1

Dudd link Ayse.

FG
Sorry - you must have tried it almost as soon as I posted it! I tried it myself and realised I'd messed up. It should be OK now. (Well, it was for me!).
Old 21 May 2002, 14:17 (Ref:291543)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Sorry - you must have tried it almost as soon as I posted it! I tried it myself and realised I'd messed up. It should be OK now. (Well, it was for me!).
Ayse, thanks for posting them ! I'm embarassed (by the modesty of them) but proud (that despite I took them with a small numeric camera you posted them anyway !)...

I can't succeed to have the seventh on my screen (the last down on the right)... I only get a small red cross...

Some more - nice - pictures of the PQ taken by Bernard Brothier :
http://brothier.ifrance.com/brothier/
They are all here !

Last edited by Fab; 21 May 2002 at 14:21.
Old 21 May 2002, 14:41 (Ref:291569)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.u.../Fab/FabTD1.jpg
Great picture! The best I've seen in giving me an idea of what is going on.

Thanks.