Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 28 Aug 2009, 21:49 (Ref:2530143)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Enduracers

For all you Le Mans and prototyle fans out there you simply have to get the new LMP series mod for RFactor

It is on most of the forums like Race Dept but for some reason not on RFC central, think there is some dispute between the owners of rhte new simraceway site and modders about paying for mods.

Anyway, the mod includes the initial pack of cars in P1, P2 GT1/2

Not everything is there yet but the detail and skinning is simply staggering.

And the best bit is, they drive really well too. You have to be able to downshift and blip which though sounds a bit hard initially, once you get used to it its fine. But you only have to do this in teh GT cars, the P cars have auto blip on downshifts.

I think they are gonna drip feed other cars soon.

By far best mod yet on RRF and makes the botched recent mods like F1 09 and TCL look very poor in comparison. (on my machine anyway)
Old 29 Aug 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2530353)   #2
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
And the best bit is, they drive really well too. You have to be able to downshift and blip which though sounds a bit hard initially, once you get used to it its fine. But you only have to do this in teh GT cars, the P cars have auto blip on downshifts.
I can't get the hang of downshifts in the GT cars, either with or without autoblip enabled in the driver file, so I've been well off the pace required to happily race online. The mod does look very detailed, but I don't know enough about that type of racing to comment on accuracy.

Quote:
By far best mod yet on RRF and makes the botched recent mods like F1 09 and TCL look very poor in comparison. (on my machine anyway)
You've been very outspoken about TCL not being good for you, but I haven't found anyone else with those views. It's a great mod, and my playing of it has only been diminished by the demise of the race@RFC server. I haven't found anything "botched" about it, and I think you're being very unfair (and misleading). What exactly is your problem with it?

I would also recommend the '98 CART mod as being worth a look.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2530364)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tim, my issue with the TCL mod is that I have tried every single way and every single download location to try and get this mod to work. I have tried to install it bit by bit, that failed, have tried a full v1.1 install, a full v1.0 install, everything and I always get CTD online

I have no issues with the mod, but seriously, when you can't play it online then what's the point! I am not the only one and you only have to see that there are very few online servers running that many had enough.

The team behind the mod tried endlessly to sort things out, but now all they seem to do is tlak about skinning and missing cars. For me I tried endlessly to get it to work including a complete reinstall of the game! So I have more than enough reasons to give it bad press!!

Regarding LMP, the cars are actually very easy to drive, much harder to race!! You will often find yourself miles off a few guys in qually. I was 3 secs a lap slower than a guy yesterday then went away tried a few things and found 2 seconds!

The cars really respond to effrot and time, they really are aero grippy and the GT cars as you say are much trickier.

What I can suggest with the blip thing is don't alter the file, just blip the throttle anyway when you pull down a gear. Just try it a few times, after a while it becomes second nature!! And it slows the car so much better without the fishtailing.

I have also tried CART 98, very good mod, again you have to rely on the aero grip which is very hard to get used to.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2530371)   #4
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
I experienced only very rare CTD when using TCL. Maybe it's a problem with your personal set-up? I haven't heard of many other people suffering from this, after the release of v1.1.

I've had a lot of fun with it offline, but then I took the time to set up period accurate championships and run those. I can send the files to anyone who wants them - I think it's just a case of pasting them into a folder, and it'll pick the right cars (eg BTCC 1987). You'll just have to make sure you have the right tracks installed. IIRC I did one for every championship available in the game (BTCC, DTM, ETCC, WTCC, AATC, Bathurst enduros). I also created talent files, which were missing from the original.

It is frustrating that there's few public servers for it, but part of that is down to RFC pulling theirs. There's plenty of private championships, although some are winding down and moving to CART or Enduracers. I was too slow for those as well, haha! I just about managed a couple of wins at RFC when the regular fast guys weren't around.

I'll give the blipping a go - I have to admit it's something I find difficult, and know I need to master for real-life as well as sims. Do you use auto-clutch or a gearstick? It might be that my set-up isn't right and I need to persevere with something I've discarded.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2530374)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I have to admit I havent obviously tried 1.1 for a while, last tiem I downloaded it it was corrupted and wouldnt open, another reason to be annoyed!!

LMP is actually quite simple, i use auto clutch and you can still blip over the shift. It only seems to affect the Porsches coz of their rear engine!! But as I say, just blip teh throttle as you shift down, the auto clutch just lets you go over it.

I use a G25 with the gear lever set to seq, I tried it on H pattern but although incredibly immersive, unless everyone else is using it you are miles off the pace!!

I also tried seq on CART.

Would be willing to try TCL again if I can find a full 1.1 install somewhere that doesn't corrupt. I have no TC files at all so a freash install is what I need.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2533069)   #6
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll see if i can find the links for you when i get home. so many people had issues online that most gave up without trying 1.1. its for that reason i haven't run it for a while myself.

the enduracers mod really is staggering. i like the porsche's a lot, but they do take some tweaking and getting used to. i stick with H pattern on the G25 but haven't run them online yet, found the AI a damn good challenge tho odd that their website has been offline for well over a week now tho...
Old 3 Sep 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2534039)   #7
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the best add on for Rfactor ever made, hands down, its a lot better than all the GTR games, the sounds do it for me, the Porsche 997 and DBR9 are spookily real in the way they sound and the Zytek is a masterpiece as is the AER 4 pot, infact, every engine sounds exactly like the real thing, the cars are great to drive and the modelling is superb, ive had some epic online racing as well, its amazing that a small modding team has managed to do what a big games company (simbin) failed at, the cars are better to drive, better looking and better sounding than in GTR1, 2 and EVO.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2534063)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any chance of a link, please?
Old 3 Sep 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2534116)   #9
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
http://enduracers.com

Fantastic Mod. Makes for absorbing offline racing. Cutting through the GT's in a Prototype is so much fun!
Old 4 Sep 2009, 08:52 (Ref:2534261)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Its a very good mod and its only gonna get better with the addons coming soon for the extra cars.

Makes everything else on RF look a bit tame in honesty!!
Old 7 Sep 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2535823)   #11
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i feel a 10/10 mini championship coming on
Old 7 Sep 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2536034)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm in for a mini championship .. haven't played with fellow ten-tenthers since the GPL days

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Sep 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2536114)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Be a good idea actually!

Havent done any racing with these guys

Though might be hard getting so many nations ogether at once!

And must be eitehr P cars or GT cars, not together!
Old 7 Sep 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2536126)   #14
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
we should invite NightStalk3r too .. but only if he promises not to bring Sean Edwards to beat us senseless

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Sep 2009, 07:08 (Ref:2536382)   #15
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
GT cars get my vote, love the porsche
Old 8 Sep 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2536479)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
This certainly looks interesting , Ive seen people talking about it but never knew where to get it.
Thanks for the link downloading now will try it when I get home from work
Old 10 Sep 2009, 05:55 (Ref:2537516)   #17
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the way you actually have to work for the car setup. Alot of other mods just require you to tighten some suspension, anti-roll, alter rear wing settings etc, but this you really need to work on to get an optimum setup.

The tyre temps seem to take around a lap or two to get decent grip. Which is something alot of other mod teams seem to overlook.

Over all, 9/10 (can't wait for the addon packs).
Old 10 Sep 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2537622)   #18
Petrol Head
Rookie

England
North London
Petrol Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have only been able to spend 15 minutes on this so far, but I am enjoying driving the C6.R. The downshifting could take a while for me to get used to though.

I am up for an online league, but I am only an amateur - do you guys have traction control allowed and stuff???

Out of interest - if I have picked 40 cars from the 3 different seasons that I would like to race with offline - do I have to create a new 'class' so that I can choose which cars race. Not sure if I am making any sense?
Old 10 Sep 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2537672)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well I haven't really worked on setups to be honest, never find they make a huge difference unless you are an alien, and I am definately not one!

I am usually in top two or three in class on a 30 man server so am fine with that. But for instance at Mid Ohio the other day I was happy lapping in high 1m11 P1 and there was some freak there in the 1m09. Or in a 997 later on there was a huge group of us split by a few tenths and one guy a second and a half faster? These are the guys that win money playing this game and are best just left alone, they play a different game to the rest of us in reality and understand teh physics and design of the game very well. They use un-symmetrical setups and stuff and that is a bit too geeky for me to be honest.

I would say that allowing TC is a bad thing, I have never used it in this mod and in all honesty you dont really need to. the cars are fairly grippy, especially the P cars.

The only common complaint is that you can not feel the rear breaking away at all in any of the cars, but that is more due to the game physics not the actual mod, though they could make the tyres screech in a different way so you knew the rear was breaking loose.

Regarding classes, just sit and buy all the cars? Theya re all free anyway? Takes time but then you can pic any car.
Old 10 Sep 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2537833)   #20
Petrol Head
Rookie

England
North London
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Regarding classes, just sit and buy all the cars? Theya re all free anyway? Takes time but then you can pic any car.
I probably didn't explain myself properly. What I mean is if I want to have a 40 car race with 39 AI cars, how can I specifically pick the 40 cars?

I know there are filters built in within the 'choose opponents' section, but they're not always that definitive. You have to have all 'DBR9's' or whatever.

Anyway, I know I'm getting off topic - mega mega game but if someone could help in what is probably something really easy...
Old 10 Sep 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2537936)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I have no idea, never raced offline in my life before!
Old 10 Sep 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2538041)   #22
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
easy

in race weekend, on the opponents tab. lots of filters in there from just certain models thru to all GT1/GT2/P1 types. Also filters for certain series like alms06 or lms08 etc. what you can't control is what cars out of that list the game will pick, so you might want certain numbers of each class but its hard to get it exactly as you like. you might get some joy from booting AI once in then re-adding, and hope it picks something else.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2538320)   #23
Petrol Head
Rookie

England
North London
Cheers all - I created a new class in the .veh file for the 40 cars that I wanted so that it would appear in the opponents filter. Took a little while but worked perfectly.

Geeky I know but there were a few cars from each of the seasons that I wanted in there!! I finished 11th out of 13 in class on my GT1 debut (Phoenix Corvette) at Silverstone - not great but you gotta start somewhere
Old 12 Sep 2009, 23:26 (Ref:2539312)   #24
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
fine unless you want to play online, otherwise you'll get a mismatch
Old 19 Sep 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2544012)   #25
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Simple solution to that - create a copy of the RFM file, and change the name of the mod name (4 or 5 lines down in that file) to something else; I use "mod name offline". Then add in the classes that you want.

If you add in new classes in each vehicles .dds file then it doesn't affect online compatibility. I did this with TCL and it was all okay - it's just the eligibility criteria in the .rfm file that can cause mismatches.