Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1154322)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Off-season

I know i was one of them who was/is whinging about 2004 and how boring it was and f1 needs changes etc...

But i am like an alcoholic who needs some f1 racing.. you call be a raceoholic... i tried to stay away from racing for a month but its too much to bear...i am regularly taking morphine shots when the craving gets severe..

unfortunately i dont have a collection of past f1 races to fall back on like sato san etc. and with my Ps2 conked out i cant even play f1 2004...

*in a zombie like voice* I need racing! I need racing!

how are you guys spending off season...
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1154323)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Same as normal; playing with cars and watching other motorsport and old motorsport.

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Nov 2004 at 19:22.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1154326)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My uncle dropped off a huge collection of old Nascar/Indycar tapes he taped for my dad all that time ago!
Just figure, almost all nascar/indycar races from 1993 till the end of 1994!

Oh, i'll be busy this off season!!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1154327)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm watching several seasons of all kinds of racing. I have about 300 videos to choose from, so I'm OK.

Just finishing the 1989 F1 season now, currently watching the monsoon of adelaide.

Are you OK ralf fan? You seem to be on a thread spree!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 15 Nov 2004 at 19:23.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1154333)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy

Are you OK ralf fan? You seem to be on a thread spree!
One of the side effects of morphine...

300 videos... You lucky Son of a Jaguar... you bloody lucky son of a Jaguar... (BTW replace Jag with swear word )
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:27 (Ref:1154335)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You should see Satos collection then......
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:30 (Ref:1154343)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Off-season

In previous years ('00) I watched the Japanese GP a lot of times and still watch it.

I know how you feel its hell. What you could do is watch other forms of motor sport maybe?

I remember in previous years I couldn't bear the month of February.

ralf fan if you're missing F1 like a lossed arm why don't you do motor sport relevant activities, like karting for example that would be fun.

Infact what you could do is buy some F1 books, Autocourse F1 yearbook, that's userly a great read and would take up the long, cold and dark winter nights.

BTCC DVD review that shall be great.

Hope this helps.

Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:33 (Ref:1154347)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I think one of the best (recent) races you can watch is Brazil 2001. Absolutely brilliant!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:34 (Ref:1154348)   #9
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be keeping an eye out for news and goss to keep you all entertained

Failing that....

:confused:
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:36 (Ref:1154351)   #10
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think one of the best (recent) races you can watch is Brazil 2001. Absolutely brilliant!
I did that yesterday!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1154352)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Off season makes you grateful really, doesn't it.

The weirdest off season I ever had though, was the 2002-2003 off period. The '02 season was so bad that it actually made the off period after it seem rapid and 2 seconds later we were in Melbourne at the beginning of a great season!

No such luck this time I guess.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1154353)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Austria 2002.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1154356)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
already watched it 7 times this offseason...and watched Brazil 2003 2 times so far... yes that is how desperate my plight is...
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:39 (Ref:1154360)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
already watched it 7 times this offseason...and watched Brazil 2003 2 times so far... yes that is how desperate my plight is...
Why not Brazil '04?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1154362)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally posted by luke
Why not Brazil '04?
Juan Pablo won... thats why...

its too recent... i think i will watch the 2004 next year when it has been erased a bit from the memory
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:42 (Ref:1154366)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You watched the same race 7 times?

God, your collection must be limited!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:45 (Ref:1154372)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Btw i dont think i will buy books and stuff... i have a lot of studies, but the odd old race would be nice... unfortunately the ones i have have been watched a ga-zillion times...
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:54 (Ref:1154380)   #18
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Australian V-8 Series is starting-up soon. I watched it abit last year, and I thought it was rather exciting.

We get it on Speed Channel here in the States, and I'll be getting into it, to ease my addiction!

You guys in England get it?

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:58 (Ref:1154382)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I thought it was just finishing, last few races?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1154386)   #20
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no. we got Motors Tv. Which originates from france but is in english.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:08 (Ref:1154397)   #21
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Btw knowlesy if you want you can send a few of those 300 videos to me... guess what and you get to do it free of charge...
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1154405)   #22
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
I think the Australian V-8 Series is starting-up soon. I watched it abit last year, and I thought it was rather exciting.

Thanks for the tip GP. I'll give it a shot.

As for you folks watching race tapes; my wife has asked me a few times, " how I can keep watching the same races over and over?". Now, I can refer her to ten tenths addicts where some watch entire seasons on tape ... and from back in the 80's even. She'll be amused.

Last edited by Kirk; 15 Nov 2004 at 20:13.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1154412)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

F1 1979 is on Motors at 9 tonight if anybody is bored!
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:18 (Ref:1154419)   #24
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ill watch it for sure... in my position you cnat be choosey
Old 15 Nov 2004, 20:18 (Ref:1154420)   #25
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer

We get it on Speed Channel here in the States, and I'll be getting into it, to ease my addiction!

You guys in England get it?
Yeah we used to have the V8s over here but unfortunately not this year.