Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 9 Jul 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1651235)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans books: Official vs More Than 24 Hours

Simple question:
For the past two years there have been two books released covering the 2004 and 2005 events, an official one by the ACO and an unofficial one from a Dutch group. I am presuming that this (very expensive!!) situation will be repeated in 2006.

What do you see as the merits for each? I will only buy one review book this year and want to make sure I end up with the best one. Help!
Old 14 Jul 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1656224)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would say that unless you're a photographer or model-maker, you only really need the official one. "More Than..." has lots of very pretty pictures, but no real stats to speak of and certainly nothing that Moity and Teissedre haven't got.

A nice bonus, but not essential reading.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1656307)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Tim. I bought them both in 2004 but only the official one last year. I heard that the 'More Than' version had improved to be more than (boom, boom) a nice collection of photos. Maybe I'll look for a good deal to be had on eBay in the coming months.