Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Oct 2004, 07:19 (Ref:1119525)   #1
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
CH10 The Home of Motorsport

After two day telecast of Bathurst, what is you the public
opion on Ch10 telecast so far, with tomorrow the big day what can they approve on.

If you are a try hard (Greg Murphy) fan you should be happy with the telecast so far becuase he is the only car that is racing at Bathurst according to Ch10.They Ch10 must be bidding for the major sponser of his car next year.

The new pit camera that runs up & down the main stright (The One Ch9 used in the State of Origin) is good but needs to a bit faster, the 3d graphics are alright, camera angles around the mount are ok. It is great the M.Oastler is not dibbling on in the commertery box.

Overall after two days a rating 7.5/10
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 9 Oct 2004, 07:27 (Ref:1119528)   #2
Saloon56
Rookie

Saloon56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9/10
Old 9 Oct 2004, 07:43 (Ref:1119532)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Ive had enough of voting for one day
Old 9 Oct 2004, 07:48 (Ref:1119534)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
actually its been pretty average really , i mean Ingalls car gets cleaned up in a big way and they dont even bother showing it on TV , thats just stoopid , fair bit of book plugs going on though.

Cromptons walk through the pits is good, more updates of race positions would be good , and the 3d thing is not that great actually , i think its very dull and hard to read but then im blind as a bat.

i hope they do a good job tomorrow , so far i'd give them a 7 , good but can be improved
Old 9 Oct 2004, 07:49 (Ref:1119535)   #5
Schrodes
Rookie

Australia
Sydney ish
Schrodes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Beattie's interview with Ambrose before the shootout? Ambrose had just finished telling him how good SBR have been at turning around the cars performance overnight and that they are looking good for the shootout and Beattie says somethimg like "SBR are good at turning things around overnight, do you think you have a good chance with the shootout?". Get rid of him and I might rate the telecast somewhere above one out of ten. But then they would also have to get rid of the idiot who was talking about the new surface behind the pits. I hope someone gives us a proper look around the paddock so we can see some of the improvements. As far as the footage goes everything looks good but I hope we don't have to listen to Oastler talk about "Battle Groups" and "Battle Damage" all day.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 08:08 (Ref:1119547)   #6
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeh since when in Motorsport histroy was stopped by the launch of a book by a V8 SUPERTAXI try hard Murphy, since when does this rate up against a World F1 Title or a WRC Title or Moto GP Title.

For God sake B.Woods he is only a taxi driver?
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 9 Oct 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1119550)   #7
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coverage has been very good. Anybody that complains after we got friday qual live will never be happy.

Larko, We miss you.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 08:36 (Ref:1119553)   #8
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did you notice it took a while to get the splits and other graphics up in the shoot out???

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 9 Oct 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1119575)   #9
brchi17
Rookie

brchi17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's been ok, but please would someone either put a sox in Bill Woods mouth or better still get rid of him. Just because he written a book, he thinks he god's gift to motorsport - big deal (by the way if you really want a copy, Big W has it for $19.95 - cheap kindling)!!!

Cromly's been great & it was good to have BJ & MS there during the shoot-out, but what were they doing talking to Rusty at the chase each lap ???

Oh well I'm sure you'd never be able to please everyone & they're not doing that bad a job. The only other thing would be to get rid of the ad's, but we all know that's never going to happen.

cheers.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 10:33 (Ref:1119619)   #10
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cromley's pit tours are incredible aren't they?

He just free-styles his way through, having no idea what is coming next and he makes it look like it is all perfectly scripted! And there doesn't seem to be a single person in pitlane that doesn't want to talk to him either!

I was actually going to ask him a question, until I realised that I wasn't really there and I was just watching television!

Great work
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 10:51 (Ref:1119628)   #11
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does the Bill Woods book have two different front covers? Are they different inside or not?

One had Bright on the front and the other has Skaife. If one was a Ford and one was a Holden or something I would understand but why the difference?

See here for PWR.......

http://www.dymocks.com.au/ContentDyn...SBN=0732277663

And here for HRT.......

http://www.harpercollins.com.au/titl...&SearchBy=ISBN
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 11:01 (Ref:1119632)   #12
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Apparenly Cromleys walks have been modelled on Martin Brundles grid walks at the GP's, but unfortunalty we do not get to see them
Old 9 Oct 2004, 11:10 (Ref:1119634)   #13
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Apparently Cromleys walks have been modelled on Martin Brundles grid walks at the GP's, but unfortunatly we do not get to see them
Old 9 Oct 2004, 12:17 (Ref:1119664)   #14
simon5574
Rookie

simon5574 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly people, this topic shouldn't exist.

I'll lend you some tapes of when ch 7 had the show, i have them on tape because the race 'highlights' were aired after the sunday night movie!

Yes bathurst was live but the rest of the year sucked..

Channel 10 do a phenomenol job with motorsport, we've never had so much coverage, keep up the good work!

ps- i do not work for them
Old 9 Oct 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1119769)   #15
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even looking back towards the late 90's the telecasts have come a long way. I just hope the "sky cam" on the front straight doesn't get over used like the channel 9's football version did!
Old 9 Oct 2004, 16:32 (Ref:1119801)   #16
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who is that Freaking "expert" they kept showing about the pits, paddock, etc. Once was too much, now it's just bloody annoying.
And yes, it would have been nice if they showed us the McLean incident.

Perhaps Ch10 need to realize that it is the true enthusiasts that watch on Friday & Saturday, rather than the casual followers who are only interested in Sunday.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1119883)   #17
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the coverage so far has been fabulous. The 3 hours on Fri was an excellent way to end the week so I'm more than happy with their effort. Only one or two minor complaints, like when they went to a break while car 1 was starting his fast lap. Top marks to whoever has decided this weekend will not be all about Brock, though to be honest I'm sure we'd be seeing alot more of PB if he was anywhere near the front end of the grid.The skycam gives a great view of the pits, and the whirring sound you can hear as it moves down the wire a good laugh. How good are the new pits huh !
Old 9 Oct 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1119896)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
actually I think Darryl Beattie is improving tremendously as a commentator , his explainations of oversteer and understeer and how to fix it were very good.

I think he is doing a solid job
Old 9 Oct 2004, 22:12 (Ref:1119972)   #19
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aiston hasn't improved at all.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 22:29 (Ref:1119977)   #20
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by simon5574
Honestly people, this topic shouldn't exist.

I'll lend you some tapes of when ch 7 had the show, i have them on tape because the race 'highlights' were aired after the sunday night movie!

Yes bathurst was live but the rest of the year sucked..

Channel 10 do a phenomenol job with motorsport, we've never had so much coverage, keep up the good work!

ps- i do not work for them
EXACTLY! 10 Do a great job compared to when 7 used to televise it! To all the people not happy of 10's package,you don't know how good your got it! I am not a huge fan of the Taxis but, the vision is excellent!
Old 9 Oct 2004, 23:34 (Ref:1120003)   #21
dddlc
Rookie

Australia
NSW, Australia
dddlc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ch10 coverage is very good this year. The technical pieces by Crompton are an excellent way to lead up to the race. The Kelly piece was good as well.

To see how much the coverage has improved over the years, you only have to think back to 1996 (IIRC) when Ch7 had the Bimbos & Mimbos from that stupid Gladiators show on the Sunday.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 08:41 (Ref:1120131)   #22
v8babe
Racer

Australia
QLD
v8babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having been behind the scenes at 10 (I don't work for them either) it's amazing what goes into a production like the Bathurst coverage. They work just as long hours as some of those working in the pits believe me!

Yeah there are some improvements to be made like anything, but thank goodness we didn't have to sit through as many corny jokes and puns from Woodsy this time!
Old 10 Oct 2004, 10:02 (Ref:1120159)   #23
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dddlc
Ch10 coverage is very good this year. The technical pieces by Crompton are an excellent way to lead up to the race. The Kelly piece was good as well.

To see how much the coverage has improved over the years, you only have to think back to 1996 (IIRC) when Ch7 had the Bimbos & Mimbos from that stupid Gladiators show on the Sunday.
The Crompton technical pieces were fabulously done- so well explained and informative yet not condescending or contrived. He really does know his stuff so well, anyone who could criticise his encyclopaedic knowledge of the sport as a whole and the category specifically must be very hard to please indeed. The commentary line-up of of regular driver's voices such as Brad, Murphy, Cam Mc and recently sidelinedin-the-race drivers was very good.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 10 Oct 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1120166)   #24
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job. Want less ad breaks- but we all want that don't we.

Crompton is fantatsic and I rate him as a commentator against all in the world.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 10 Oct 2004, 10:14 (Ref:1120169)   #25
F|sh
Racer

F|sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it **** me missing laps while we watched ten to fifteen adverts!!! coverage was good but bill woods how about a nice cup of shut the **** up?