Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Nov 2004, 20:07 (Ref:1143201)   #1
bill.turnbull
Rookie

bill.turnbull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Fat Clerk

Just come across references to "The Fat Clerk" - is this who we think it is, founder member of Thruxton Serious Drinkers' Club and Observer extraordinaire?????

Chance to post some stories, folks.......
Old 2 Nov 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1143230)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to confess, yes tis I.I'd better put down on paper some of the truths before anyone else does! In no particular order: Driving Viv's Honda V Tec thingy as a Course Car along the Stebbe Straight @ Mallory, managed to lose the flashing lights out of the back of the hatch.
At Oulton whilst using my Mondeo as the Course Car managed to do a 360 - well it was wet. Again at Oulton managed to stall the MG wotsit Course Car, every time I stopped to pick up reports from Gary Heal. Oh dear
Old 2 Nov 2004, 20:29 (Ref:1143237)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When we ued to camp in the middle of Silverstone, came out of the old Racing Club, the worse for drink & got tangled up in the catch fencing that used to be at Woodcote. No-one came to help me cos they were all doubled up laughing.
Finally, being The Big Frienly Giant, or is it Hagrids Big Brother? When I meet a lady Marshal, I give them a friendly hug - trouble is, not knowing my own strength, I did that to Shelagh (Bills other half) & damaged her ribs.
Old 2 Nov 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1143290)   #4
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can hug me all you like!
Old 2 Nov 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1143317)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This wouldn't be the same red mondeo I'm thinking of would it?
Old 2 Nov 2004, 21:36 (Ref:1143323)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
It's a P Reg Estate, the one that did so many laps as the 'chase' car in Saturdays Birkett @ Silverstone trhat it ran out of petrol!
Old 2 Nov 2004, 23:21 (Ref:1143423)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LOL. You did a longer stint than many of the cars. Being on the end of the pit lane we were watching for the pit lane swap over of the pace cars.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 13:48 (Ref:1143831)   #8
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Better give you a couple more:
Meeting on the Int circuit @ Silverstone, I'm @ Bridge, chating away with the Luffield In people, Bill Kinsella, Steve Davies et al, talking about the old days, when I mentioned that I thought the Rover Tomcats were supposed to be on the programme. It was pointed out to me by Viki, or was it Mark Wilson, that they had been out a couple of sessions earlier. In other words I didn't have a clue what was happening - nothing new there then.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1143839)   #9
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
After about 10 years retirement from driving, I thought about restarting my career, during the MGCC big meeting @ Silverstone, I verbally bought a car during the lunch break, what happens in the 1st race after lunch? the pillock rolled twice, & totalled it right in front of me @ Copse.
That Winter @ the NEC, I thought about buying a 2CV, climbed in ok, could I get out?
In the end I crawled out of the passenger door to the applause of the by now large crowd, breaking the seat in the process. Happy days.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1143859)   #10
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Fat Clerk
It was pointed out to me by Viki, or was it Mark Wilson
A worrying thought if you can`t tell the difference between Vicki & Mark Wilson, I think you deffinetly need glasses.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 16:45 (Ref:1143957)   #11
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
It's not only my eyes, but my memory as well, no wonder I got put indoors!
Old 3 Nov 2004, 18:48 (Ref:1144097)   #12
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
might not have seen this comment "report of lardge object on ciruit between copse and beckets reply thats dve in the course car" last saturadys birket.

with i was flaging for
Old 3 Nov 2004, 18:54 (Ref:1144111)   #13
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Yeah, got my leg pulled all day about that.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1144180)   #14
bill.turnbull
Rookie

Quote:
When I meet a lady Marshal, I give them a friendly hug - trouble is, not knowing my own strength, I did that to Shelagh (Bills other half) & damaged her ribs.
Dave - you weren't giving me a hug but trying to turn me upside down at Donington signing on. I'm still proud of the fact that you failed...I obviously don't know my own strength.

Shelagh
Old 3 Nov 2004, 22:15 (Ref:1144292)   #15
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Well, where I acome from turning a lady upside down is like a hug in the more civilised parts of the UK!
I must admit to being jmpressed with your strength.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 23:05 (Ref:1144331)   #16
scorch
Racer

England
scorch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SkyRedButton If you haven’t been hugged by The Fat Clerk, it's probably because you may be a bit old for him...

Nothing personal but he knows what I mean..
Old 4 Nov 2004, 18:16 (Ref:1144951)   #17
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Ouch, I'll have you know, that Anneka the lady I was living with in Staffordshire until recently was 40.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1144954)   #18
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The person who started this one, was my dear friend the noisy jock - Ramsey Inglis, who many years ago I made the mistake of giving a lift round Thruxton, in the back of my car, he found what might be called 'unmentionables!'
Old 4 Nov 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1145206)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grid girls?
Old 5 Nov 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1145499)   #20
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been hugged - and enjoyed it! Thankfully hubby didn't see, he get's so jealous!
Old 8 Nov 2004, 11:21 (Ref:1147366)   #21
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grid girls will return old chap - and I'm sure next year I'll be paying you a few visits! (I enjoy spinning - honest!)
Old 13 Nov 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1152639)   #22
bill.turnbull
Rookie

Quote:
When we ued to camp in the middle of Silverstone, came out of the old Racing Club, the worse for drink & got tangled up in the catch fencing that used to be at Woodcote. No-one came to help me cos they were all doubled up laughing.
I think I remember that...but I wasn't doubled up with laughter because I was in the process of falling off the wall. Glad that one's been unmentioned for all these years.

OOOPS!

Bill