Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jul 2000, 10:57 (Ref:21797)   #1
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you noticed that all Martin Brundle seems to talk aboout in races is DC. I know he had an excellent race last sunday, but his obsession with DC makes him lose sight of everything else that is happening in the race. For example, Jaques was running 4th all throughout the race, and despite Allen's attempts to notice this, all Brundle wanted to talk about was DC and his new image and confidence. To be honest Martin Brundle is in my opinion a great commentator, and his business relationship with DC has rarely intefered in his commentary. But in recent races, all he wants to do is promote his little treasure chest. If the cameraman dont want to show anything but McLaren or Ferrari, then the commentators should take it upon themselves and inform the viewers of whats happening in the race. Instead we have a commentator with vested interest in DC, who wants to preach and convince the audience of the excellence of his little whining gravy train.
Old 6 Jul 2000, 13:54 (Ref:21819)   #2
enzo
Racer

enzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what else is new ? This is a problem commom to most commentators & race broadcasts - constant mewing about whoever is at the front & nothing about any good or great action further back in the field.

You'd think that after 30+ years of experience in broadcasting races that they'd have learned ho t do it right. I'm just glad my doctor isn't that slow to pick up on things !
Old 6 Jul 2000, 17:01 (Ref:21855)   #3
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Robin Plummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As DC's offical and paid driving adviser Brundle will plug him more that the others. It's probably in the contract!.
Old 6 Jul 2000, 19:51 (Ref:21887)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brundle is biased towards DC, just as Murray is biased towards TGF and Ferrari.

Which is a shame because it's often the Prosts, Minardis and Saubers of this world which are having the best scraps throughout the race.

Old 7 Jul 2000, 02:52 (Ref:21968)   #5
kev
Rookie

kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no aliens here.

Funny, I would have said Murray was biased towarde Button head.
Anyway, doesn't anyone who has a passion for a particular sport have a favorite team or compattitor. The fact that this comes through in his commentary proves he's human.
Old 7 Jul 2000, 03:48 (Ref:21982)   #6
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There will always be biased commentators. In previous years I had to watch the races on Mexican channels and all 3 commentators were biased toward ferrari and Schu. It was quite annoying. I remember them saying that schu's crash at Canada last year was caused only because of the track and the car....because for them schu was almost perfect and therefore never made mistakes.But then you tuned the brazilian channel and they were all cheering for Rubens, Pedro, Ricardo and (in that time) the other ricardo (rosset). And now I'm watching it in this latin american network that sponsor gazton mazzacane and therefore they're always like "And the PSN driver Gazton Mazzacane is doing a great race. He's currently climbed up to the 18'th spot after starting 22" and then you find out that there are 4 drivers who have left the race.

But well...I guess that I'd rather have someone cheering for Mazzacane than for schu.
Old 7 Jul 2000, 03:59 (Ref:21985)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Sharky.

Of all the biased commentators I have seen in various sports, I would have to say that Brundle is one of the better ones. His biased towards DC is minimal. There is obviously a slight one, but can we blame him? They are both Brits, and it is a British broadcast, so why should you be surprised if there is not a little a bias towards the brits. I had to sit through X number of years of Murray talking about nothing but Nigel Mansell and then Damon Hill, Brundle is not that bad.
Old 7 Jul 2000, 04:59 (Ref:21997)   #8
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to disagree... I think Brundle is fine, and througout the commentary, I did not feel a bias towards DC.

If I could look at it from my scale of tolerance, meaning, that fact that I am NOT a fan of DC's, at no part during the commentary did I feel the urge to say ..Shut the Hell up.. I actually thought it was ok. AND did anyone else hear Brundle's words about the fact that he was DC's manager, and of course this was a result he wanted??

Overall, each commentator has a favorite driver/team, and we must expect some bias one way or another. The commentators have no control over the camera angles, and therefore have to speak about what they are watching, so if its all DC and TGF on screen...so be it. Lets try and not LOOK for bias, given facts that we may know.
Old 7 Jul 2000, 09:43 (Ref:22019)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We should be glad that Brundle's DC bias IS minimal.

Unlike Murray's incessant preaching to Ferrari/TGF and yes, Jenson Button.

Old 8 Jul 2000, 05:12 (Ref:22122)   #10
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My friend and I were actually joking about this the other night.

We were both rolling on the floor laughing a few GPs ago when DC was getting held up by lap traffic and whilst attempting a pass under brakes which he looked like he might abort mid pass Brundle screamed "No David nail'im - GO !"

DC made the pass and you could just hear the releif in Brundles voice - very funny.

Keep up the good work Brundle.