Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Apr 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2679096)   #1
greenracer
Racer

Australia
greenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgreenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
red bull race tactics

Who calls the tactics at Red Bull ? Is it the drivers or is pit wall . If it is the drivers they both need to polish up their act or if it is pit wall their tactician needs replacing.Their tactics and pit stop decisions have cost them dearlyso far this season as they did last season on ocassions. They have all information other teams have but continually stuff up.
Old 24 Apr 2010, 23:00 (Ref:2679126)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Well they've obviously got a great car but operationally they seem a little bit behind, which is to be expected - they're competing against teams with decades of experience.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2679253)   #3
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that's an overly harsh assessment of their season so far.

In Bahrain they had 4th and 8th - and the 4th would most likely have been 1st, but for the dodgy spark plug in Vettels car
In Australia Webber finished 9th, but again they would probably have had a 1st as well but for the failure on Vettels car, and Webber would have finished 5th had he not decided to punt Lewis Hamilton off
In Malaysia it was 1st & 2nd
In China 6th and 8th

So they are currently 3rd in the standings on 73 points, when they would have been leading the championship on 121 points but for those two failures, and 129 if Webber had held position in Australia.

Is it really time to start talking about sacking the strategist.....? I think not...
Old 25 Apr 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2679321)   #4
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the comfort of my sofa I have seen many less than optimum tactical/strategic decisions by all the top teams this year. For me, Q1 in Malaysia has to take the trophy so far this season, then there was the tyre strategy for Hamilton in the same race which left him so far disdvanatged compared with his team mate.

Apart from the weather issues there seems to be a lot of uncertainty amongst all the teams about the durability of the new tyres generally. A lot of this has to do with the reduced amount of testing, so it appears there is a fair amount of experimentation going on, not only during parctice and qualifying, but during the races too.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2679324)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It may not get any better for Red Bull in Barcelona.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8629477.stm
Old 25 Apr 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2679398)   #6
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It may not get any better for Red Bull in Barcelona.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8629477.stm
That's interesting Marbot, not just because it explains how different cars use their tyres, but also because it highlights how much difference driver style also comes into play. I don't think this has been quite so obvious yet this year (or masked by team tactics & the weather anyway...)
Old 25 Apr 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2679411)   #7
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is the uncertainty about tyre wear I was referring to in my above post; it seems that the different wear rates between drivers in the same team is more exagerated this year than last year... but I could be wrong about that.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2679422)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
This is the uncertainty about tyre wear I was referring to in my above post; it seems that the different wear rates between drivers in the same team is more exagerated this year than last year... but I could be wrong about that.
Last year the tyres lasted as long as the fuel lasted, which generally meant flat out stints on low (ish) fuel. This year the tyres last as long as the drivers can make them last. Some (cars and drivers) will be better at that than others.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2679424)   #9
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
That's interesting Marbot, not just because it explains how different cars use their tyres, but also because it highlights how much difference driver style also comes into play. I don't think this has been quite so obvious yet this year (or masked by team tactics & the weather anyway...)
I think within Mclaren at least once and possibly twice the team tactics that appeared to mask it were actually a direct consequence of it.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 21:09 (Ref:2679613)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I think within Mclaren at least once and possibly twice the team tactics that appeared to mask it were actually a direct consequence of it.
Spot on.
Old 25 Apr 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2679623)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Well they've obviously got a great car but operationally they seem a little bit behind, which is to be expected - they're competing against teams with decades of experience.
As opposed to this one with just 13 or so years?
Old 27 Apr 2010, 05:20 (Ref:2680315)   #12
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
For me, Q1 in Malaysia has to take the trophy so far this season
Can I ask Ferrari's strategist is replaced for this very reason.
Was he the same man who felt Massa had got through Q1 last year on a one lap run???
Was he also the man who put Kimi, onto intermediates 5 or 6 lps prior to rain?

Dear Mr Brawn,
Could I please entice you back to Italy and sort out this mess.
Mr Haug won't allow you to sort out Mercedes, look at their interference in the Mclaren SLR, and we have some rather nice lakes here too for fishing???
And yes, you can bring your boy Michael, there's plenty of toys for him to play with...
Regards.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2680815)   #13
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
Mr Haug won't allow you to sort out Mercedes, look at their interference in the Mclaren SLR
Can you please elaborate on this?
Old 28 Apr 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2681056)   #14
browney
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
browney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubble View Post
In Australia Webber finished 9th, but again they would probably have had a 1st as well but for the failure on Vettels car, and Webber would have finished 5th had he not decided to punt Lewis Hamilton off
In Australia, Webber could have won if he hadn't pitted 3 laps after everybody else had changed tyres.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2681058)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by browney View Post
In Australia, Webber could have won if he hadn't pitted 3 laps after everybody else had changed tyres.
We must assume that it was his decision to do that. A lot of drivers "could have won", if only..........

Old 29 Apr 2010, 03:22 (Ref:2681440)   #16
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say, I too feel that Red Bull have made some calls that have cost them the chance to win. Drivers have made mistakes also, but the tactics haven't been great.

Still they aren't the only ones.

These teams with decades of experience, these the same ones that left the cars in the pits during qualifying in Malaysia?
Old 29 Apr 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2681454)   #17
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
We must assume that it was his decision to do that.
it's not his decision. They have stated many times that the driver leading has preference to pit first.