Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 9 Sep 2008, 01:20 (Ref:2285197)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
New Nationwide CoT revealed.

Quote:
Nationwide COT test at Richmond: UPDATE: The Nationwide Series begins a new era when its new car goes on track for the first of two scheduled tests Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 8-9, at Richmond International Raceway. Wednesday, Sept. 10, will be a rain date. Each of the four series manufacturers – Chevy, Dodge, Ford and Toyota – will be permitted to bring two cars. The drivers are to be announced but will be representative of their specific manufacturer. “The goal of this test is for the manufacturers and participating teams to start laying a foundation for the transfer phase from the current car to the new car in the Nationwide Series,” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR’s vice president of competition. The cars will be on track in their current stages of development and the test data will be shared among the manufacturers, teams and NASCAR.(NASCAR PR)(9-4-2008)
UPDATE: A tentative lineup of drivers has been announced for the two-day Nationwide Series new car test scheduled to begin Monday at Richmond International Raceway. Chevy tentatively will have Scott Wimmer (Richard Childress Racing) and Morgan Shepherd (Davis Motorsports). Ford will have Matt Kenseth (Roush Fenway Racing). Dodge will have Bryan Clauson (Chip Ganassi Racing), and Toyota will have a couple of Michael Waltrip Racing cars with David Reutimann, Josh Wise and Kyle Busch sharing the driving duties.(SceneDaily.com)(9-5-2008)
NOW FOR THE IMAGES.

Challenger looks awesome, but I have a feeling that giant air pocket in the front will make it SLOWWW.

Dodge - Challenger.
Chevrolet - Malibu.
Ford - Taurus.
Toyota - Camry.

Last edited by Matt; 9 Sep 2008 at 01:22.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 01:37 (Ref:2285212)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The big question is what, if any, difference it is going to make to anything (be it on or off track).
Old 9 Sep 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2285520)   #3
Cuckoo
Rookie

England
Walsall
Cuckoo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if junior will run Sprint? as he did say if the Nationwide became COT it would be cheaper to run Sprint cup
Old 10 Sep 2008, 11:13 (Ref:2286390)   #4
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Dodge looks good, with the recessed headlight panel, and the fact that the Challenger actually is a performance car, while all the rest are FWD junk.

They look good in general though, a bit smoother than the Cup car, the front bar definetly doesn't go inwards and then out again near the radiator intake like the cup car does, does look better.

I wonder if these are well received Nascar would think about using them as cup cars?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 20 Sep 2008, 00:29 (Ref:2294039)   #5
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it looks like the same car with different noses. Who actually builds the chassis? NASCAR themselves?
Old 20 Sep 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2294380)   #6
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
I think it looks like the same car with different noses. Who actually builds the chassis? NASCAR themselves?
The cars are from the outside actually quite the same, The Nationwide teams are allowed to buy old Cup COT's and build them to Nationwide COT's.

And I think the teams build the cars themselve only with very strict guidelines (but don't know that for shure).
Old 24 Sep 2008, 11:53 (Ref:2296872)   #7
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for joining the discussion late, but I just discovered this thread. Surely NASCAR can create a car which achieves their goals that looks better than these COT contraptions? I mean, the cars used to look sexy and sleek; now they appear clumsy and boring. I mean, that spoiler? And the splitter? I long for the day when NASCAR realises the err of creating crappy looking spec cars, but sadly, doubt it will come. And all of this is in my opinion, of course.

Oh...and the Mailbu? Seriously, the MALIBU???
Old 24 Sep 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2297026)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
Sorry for joining the discussion late, but I just discovered this thread. Surely NASCAR can create a car which achieves their goals that looks better than these COT contraptions? I mean, the cars used to look sexy and sleek; now they appear clumsy and boring. I mean, that spoiler? And the splitter? I long for the day when NASCAR realises the err of creating crappy looking spec cars, but sadly, doubt it will come. And all of this is in my opinion, of course.

Oh...and the Mailbu? Seriously, the MALIBU???
Yeah, the Malibu, which is probably the best car in it's class right now.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2297057)   #9
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Yeah, the Malibu, which is probably the best car in it's class right now.
Are they sticking with the Impala for Cup?
Old 24 Sep 2008, 16:24 (Ref:2297068)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Yep.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 17:08 (Ref:2297101)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the noses shaping up to look better than the Cup version. i like the spoiler i am not a fan of the wing in Cup.. Nation wide may set up a better race and certainly looks better
Old 24 Sep 2008, 21:10 (Ref:2297273)   #12
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring
well the noses shaping up to look better than the Cup version. i like the spoiler i am not a fan of the wing in Cup.. Nation wide may set up a better race and certainly looks better
True, the spoiler does look better than the wing, but it's huge. Is it really necessary for it to be that big? It looks 2-1/2 times the size of the current one.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 01:39 (Ref:2297388)   #13
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
It's a Craftsman Truck spoiler.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 13:09 (Ref:2297647)   #14
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
It's a Craftsman Truck spoiler.
And thus it belongs on a truck.
Old 20 Nov 2008, 20:45 (Ref:2338512)   #15
notguilty
Racer

notguilty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasn't ford suppose to run the mustang body on these cars in the nationwide series?
Old 20 Nov 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2338534)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
And thus it belongs on a truck.
Spoilers (in this sense) don't belong on trucks!

The cars aren't ever going to look "sexy and sleek". They should, however, go for impressive.
Old 21 Nov 2008, 10:56 (Ref:2338760)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The CoT not postponed because of the financial situation?
Old 22 Dec 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2359940)   #18
notguilty
Racer

notguilty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the new Stockcar Engineering has a cover feature on these cars. its free if you mail it in according to they ad in Racecar Engineering
Old 3 Jan 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2364502)   #19
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like these new CoT cars they look more modern and sharp the old ones look fat and round which i dont really like but its a personal thing i guess.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2510958)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Ford Mustang CoT

Source: Jayski

Quote:
Ford will use its Mustang brand in the Nationwide Series next season when NASCAR begins its limited rollout of the series’ new car, Ford officials announced Tuesday.

“We’re excited about Mustang coming to NASCAR,” Ford North America Motorsports Director Brian Wolfe said in a news release. “It’s the most successful product nameplate in racing history, and it seems only right that it should be coming to the most popular form of racing in North America.

“We had been talking with NASCAR for some time about Mustang as part of its vision for a ‘muscle car’ rollout for the Nationwide Series. We both saw it as a way of differentiating the series from Sprint Cup. We loved the idea, so we jumped on the chance to extend Mustang’s racing legacy to a new series reaching a huge and loyal audience.”

“We’re excited about the new car in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and particularly the new body styles such as the Ford Mustang,” NASCAR President Mike Helton said. “It’s going to be one good-looking race car.”
Don't really like the look of the car.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 03:53 (Ref:2511372)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
never been a Mopar man, but the Challenger looks the best and almost resembles a street car.
they still look like boxes with a splitter bolted on the front and an odd shaped piece of sheet metal bolted to the deck lid.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2511793)   #22
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
never been a Mopar man, but the Challenger looks the best and almost resembles a street car.
they still look like boxes with a splitter bolted on the front and an odd shaped piece of sheet metal bolted to the deck lid.
It looks like a Challenger in the way that it vaguely resembles a car. Put Nascar fans aside, that is going to **** off the Mustang and Mopar guys and rightfully so.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2511810)   #23
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Ford Mustang CoT

Source: Jayski

Don't really like the look of the car.
Looks better than the Cup CoT
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 30 Jul 2009, 23:13 (Ref:2512037)   #24
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, given how ugly the SC CoT looks, that looks fantastic. And I fell in love with the Dodge back when they started testing

It's just a shame they're introducing the new car halfway through the season
Old 31 Jul 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2512272)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Why can't they keep the current cars with the safety parts of the CoT?