Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2006, 07:16 (Ref:1557028)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
RBR interested in JPM

Just seen This story. Wonder what that would mean for DC as he's not part of Red Bull's driver development programme (or whatever it's called)
Old 22 Mar 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1557333)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Called something like that...I'd quite like to see JPM in a red bull car. Just because.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1557336)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why cant Mr Coulthard be shuffled to the Italian end of the Red Bull experience?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Mar 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1557442)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh it'd be a shame to see them ditch DC if he does sign. I'd definately like to see this. JPM being more like himself. I was just thinking, I think they'd both really help eachother. Signing JPM would look awesome on Red Bull (First DC, now JPM, two big names) and would show their legitimacy as a serious pushing-forward team, and it'd do nicely for JPM as he could let his hair down a little and work in an environment he is comfortable in, as is Red Bull.

Selby
Old 22 Mar 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1557470)   #5
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
DC and JPM for Red Bull Racing, when Klien gets promoted to a top team...
Old 22 Mar 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1557559)   #6
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

After all that DC has done for RBR, I can't see them pushing him out just like that, but you never know in this business. JPM signing would be a real coup for the team and shows they are serious about getting in amongst the big manufactures. But someone would have to be moved side....5 into 4 doesn;t go, unless they wanna buy out Midland as well and have 6 cars!
Old 22 Mar 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1557561)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liuzzi and Speed are still to prove themselves as deserving a place in the team long-term, and as mentioned Klien might be snapped up by another team, as he's doing well at the moment.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1557584)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My thinking is that JPM and Red Bull would complement each other rather well.

As it is, you sense an element of restraint at McLaren which is detrimental to JPM.....you've got to let the guy run free!

I hope this happens.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1557689)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh I hope it does too. And i'd like to think one of the biggish teams are interested in Klien. I've rated him from 2004 when everyone was giving him a good bashing.

Selby
Old 22 Mar 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1557699)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I think Montoya has stalled somewhat at McLaren, im not sure if Montoya is happy there, or if McLaren are happy with Juan, neither party seems to be over keen on one another.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1557728)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Same here ECW....I think Klien is great, ever since 2004. He's a real racer!
Old 22 Mar 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1557803)   #12
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Coulthard-Klien pairing is a surprisingly strong one, who would Juan replace?

Klien might be snapped up by a top team but I can't believe Red Bull would just let him go after investing so much money in him, I'd be suprised if he didn't stay with the team for another couple of seasons. Depending on how competitive they want Toro Rosso to be in the future it wouldn't hurt to have Coulthard as number one driver to develop the car and help guide the rookies but would he be happy fighting at the back?

There's no denying Juan is a perfect match for RBR, it's just that the current duo are aswell.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1557810)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I have the feeling Coulthard will be out at the end of this year.

There is no good reason for it to happen at the moment of course, but...

Mateschitz has stated he wants Klien to beat DC or he may be out. So if Klien does beat DC, that perhaps suggests that DC would be on thinner ice than perhaps you would expect.

I have to say though, it'd be strange if Red Bull made space for JPM......they usually are more concerned with developing their own drivers. So my feeling is that it'll be DC and a newbie OR Klien alongside a newbie.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1557820)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I have the feeling Coulthard will be out at the end of this year.
I believe DC went on record last year, that he was not looking at driving for the long term and that management was more appealing, so this would make sense. RBR has gained a lot of experience throuh him and FWIW I think he's enjoyed being the leader of the gang.

Could be that JPM would fit right in with the perceived relaxed atmosphere which is something he's not really had in any team since his Cart days.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 23:07 (Ref:1557874)   #15
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'd make a good test driver - somewhere.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 23:45 (Ref:1557903)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I believe DC went on record last year, that he was not looking at driving for the long term and that management was more appealing, so this would make sense.
But hasn't he also said he wants to stay on to drive the Newey-penned car?
Old 23 Mar 2006, 01:42 (Ref:1557954)   #17
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another interesting one. I suggest that Luizzi is the most endangered by JPM coming on board. Klien could find himslef in the 2nd team whilst JPM and DC drive for RBR.

The only reason DC will lose the drive is if he falls over repeatedly this year. Surely the fact that Newey likes working with DC (DC approached Newey and sewed the seed, with their relationship going back to Williams days)

So i think the Newey factor helps him, he just needs to show he still has the pace and desire
Old 23 Mar 2006, 07:44 (Ref:1558074)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32
Another interesting one. I suggest that Luizzi is the most endangered by JPM coming on board. Klien could find himslef in the 2nd team whilst JPM and DC drive for RBR.

The only reason DC will lose the drive is if he falls over repeatedly this year.
I know that the season is only 2 races old, but the fact that Klien has out qualified DC both races, finished ahead of him both races (admittedly, both had hydraulic failure at Malyasia and DC's car was the first of the 2 to fail) and Klien has scored the teams only point so far makes me think that Christian is more likely to be retained, especially if this continues. After all, Red Bull won't want to see the result of their investment going somewhere else.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1558211)   #19
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this is going to make me unpopular, but I hope for a Klien-Montoya pairing at RBR, it would be ace. Has to be DC to give way, he did well last year but I think long term Klien has more going for him. DC's a good solid yardstick for a developing young driver but even last year it was Klien who caught my eye, considering he started the season expecting to do the first 3 races then give way for Liuzzi indefinately I thought he was superb.

Coulthard's still competitive and competent but I'm not sure he has much more to offer. In 2004 he was good for bringing home solid points which is what they needed then, but with Newey coming in they've got to be looking onwards and upwards and I don't think DC's still a race winner, personally.

Give Montoya the right car and he'll win races. He'd also give another indication of how good Klien is, which I'd like to see.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 13:36 (Ref:1558524)   #20
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Montoya want money or does he want to win races? Whilst I would love to see him at RBR alongside Klien with DC in a testing/management role, I cant see the RBR car being a championship winning car in 2007, it probably wont even win a GP. So the question that would be of great relevance, would be how long will it take RBR to become a top flight team.

3-4 years? Montoya cant wait that long.....
Old 23 Mar 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1558699)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I think Montoya will be just happy to race, although a winning car will help!

MichaelH: Klien and Montoya sounds great to me! Two hard racers, nice stuff!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 17:31 (Ref:1558706)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
Does Montoya want money or does he want to win races? Whilst I would love to see him at RBR alongside Klien with DC in a testing/management role, I cant see the RBR car being a championship winning car in 2007, it probably wont even win a GP. So the question that would be of great relevance, would be how long will it take RBR to become a top flight team.

3-4 years? Montoya cant wait that long.....
No different from any top driver going to Toyota.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1558910)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toyota should be building race-winning cars by now, RBR did better than anyone could've reasonably expected last year and look set to continue that.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1559076)   #24
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i myself, see montoya doing great with RedBull, at least for one year !!!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1559083)   #25
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
No different from any top driver going to Toyota.
Does that mean that neither Ralf nor Jarno are top drivers, Mr V?

Tags
jpm