Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Sep 2004, 09:18 (Ref:1100007)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ETCC: Oschersleben

BMW's & Seat's top the times in first practice. Alfa's struggling to set good times.

Plenty of cars missing from the first session timing screen though - but the DPM cars jump us over the balance.

Still no Magnussen, or Ruokenen - and now both RS-Line's have gone. D'Aste's car was wrecked after Imola so it isn't here....but Duncan Huisman's running well in the return of the pink Carly BMW.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1100111)   #2
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice that Seat are running strong, good times again. It is a mystery to me how Rickard Rydell doesn't often match Gene in Qualifying when he usually is so quick in practice. Wonder if Farfus will behave this weekend
Old 18 Sep 2004, 16:01 (Ref:1100225)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Casseopeia
Wonder if Farfus will behave this weekend
Pole postion...

Qualifying result
Old 18 Sep 2004, 17:32 (Ref:1100258)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shocking!

Alfa's were meant to be stuffed here...no straight door panels coming home on those BMW's tomorrow!

We know how fast those BMW's start though - so if all is fair, in race one we'll see Priaulx win.

However, in reality - Farfus will pull straight over to block - or even collide - with Andy, and Tarquini will shoot through.

Last edited by Hazard; 18 Sep 2004 at 17:36.
Old 18 Sep 2004, 23:24 (Ref:1100464)   #5
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very unbiased opinion Hazard... Probably trigered by the comments of Mr Priaulx at Imola. The guy that complains about Tavano's move, when he (Priaulx) was the one to force the 156 on the grass...

All credit Andy for being the fastest of the very talented BMW bunch, but please do not pull the triger that fast because we all have the luxury to see the video over and over again.

PS Of course I accept that if you haven't seen the video it would be impossible to know the truth because the person who writes the reports for UK's top motorsport mag happily turned up in post race interviews with a BMW T-shirt
Old 19 Sep 2004, 00:17 (Ref:1100492)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
29 cars, the series is going great guns
Old 19 Sep 2004, 07:28 (Ref:1100598)   #7
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Go_For_Pole
Very unbiased opinion Hazard... Probably trigered by the comments of Mr Priaulx at Imola. The guy that complains about Tavano's move, when he (Priaulx) was the one to force the 156 on the grass...

All credit Andy for being the fastest of the very talented BMW bunch, but please do not pull the triger that fast because we all have the luxury to see the video over and over again.
I saw Priaulx-Tavano incident in other way. And I guess you are forgetting Augusto "Dirty" Farfus, ohh sorry, triggered off opinion by the comments of BMW and SEAT drivers.

(There are some who write here dressing an Alfa Romeo T-Shirt )
Old 19 Sep 2004, 08:35 (Ref:1100644)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Sorry...I'm not really thinking about the Tavano incident. I've almost forgotten it already, I don't recall it being Tavano's fault much - verging on racing incident nee slightly over ambitious Priaulx.

My race expectation is solely based on the driving tactics we've seen the young Farfus employ recently - doesn't matter if it was Priaulx, Garcia or one of the Muller's alongside - I'd expect the same move.

I will come back and humbly apologise profusely if Farfus doesn't touch any BMW's this afternoon...but I really don't think I should worry about having to do that!
Old 19 Sep 2004, 08:38 (Ref:1100650)   #9
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Seperate note...commentator for Eurosport pretty much let out that Ford are going to officially announce their entry into the WTCC next season at the Paris Motorshow.

Last edited by Hazard; 19 Sep 2004 at 08:38.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 08:41 (Ref:1100654)   #10
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh no they are not, trust me I don't like what Farfus is doing. I think he got what he deserved with the penalty but all in all I doubt if Muller would be able to do anything more than he did.
Regarding Tavano and Priaulx could you please explain to me
a) Before the chicane isn't Priaulx forcing Tavano to the left side?
b) Isn't Tavano allowed to dive into the brakes for the chicane?
c) Priaulx said in Autosport that Tarquini touched him on their way to Acque Minerali before passing him, yet we were on that very corner, we have that move in a series of photos and I can see nothing... Maybe it is my Alfa glasses you might say, but you would be wrong. I have no means to rove it but I like to think I am not biased, especially against Priaulx that I rate so highly.

Anyway, my original point was that for some reason a particular British media provokes opinions like that one expressed by Hazard and that is a shame.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1100657)   #11
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Just saw your post Hazard, surely you don't have wory about anything, my posts are well intented and I consider this a friendly discussion amongst touring fans.

PS. Great news about Ford and the championship, if that's true, next stop Daewoo?
PS2. Regarding Ford, if they commit it will signal that WTCC offers better marketability value for the money spend than WRC and that is really great for the championship
Old 19 Sep 2004, 11:25 (Ref:1100852)   #12
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it's true about Ford - great news! It can only be good for Touring Car racing in a whole as the cars should eventually filter through to national series like the BTCC - just like what SEAT have done.

Ford Europe funded the WRC programme, but with the majority of the WTCC rounds in Europe it's surely a better return for their investment than WRC ?

Last edited by touringlegend; 19 Sep 2004 at 11:28.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1100960)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
29 cars, the series is going great guns
A race for German championship is combined with ETCC this weekend.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 14:27 (Ref:1101066)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Rickard Rydell - SEAT's first ETCC win in race two.

What with he and Ekstrom, it's a great day for Swedish drivers.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 14:32 (Ref:1101071)   #15
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
A great couple of races...very enjoyable.

Literally speaking, Farfus's rear bumper did 'touch' Jorg's BMW on lap 10 of race 1

But I guess I did say I'd do this: Nice work Farfus, a good few races today and well driven. Redeeming himself quite a bit.

I think Jorg was the most over optimistic 'bumper' today - although I didn't see Thompson's initial pass on him, James did have quite a bit of door damage after that.

Hard luck for Tarquini - Dirk looks set to take the title unless Andy Priaulx has an exceptional pair of races in Dubai.

Congratulations to Seat also - three race winning teams...hoorah!
Old 19 Sep 2004, 15:33 (Ref:1101106)   #16
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Well done Rickard Rydell - SEAT's first ETCC win in race two.

What with he and Ekstrom, it's a great day for Swedish drivers.
Indeed!
Old 19 Sep 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1101109)   #17
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good race . but a little to much contact .. and damn what bad luck Tarquini had .. the title will go to Dirk .. Andy almoast has to win both races . and with Tarquini ballast free is gonna be hard to do that ..

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Sep 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1101110)   #18
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
forgot about rydell .. couldn't do it with the Volvo .. he did it with Seat ... congrats to him and Seat

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Sep 2004, 16:29 (Ref:1101150)   #19
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rydell did well to hold off the BMWs It's great to see new winners.
I felt for Tarquini who has lost out through no real fault of his own.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1101205)   #20
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let anyone be Champion, but Giovanardi.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 19 Sep 2004, 18:04 (Ref:1101243)   #21
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations SEAT (and Rydell too )
Old 19 Sep 2004, 18:22 (Ref:1101254)   #22
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Yep, the all new blue mess of a Seat triumphed quite sweetly.

(This blue splodge has been climbing over the car all season)

Plenty of cars were under investigation mid race two, but no word yet on any penalties.

Regarding Andy's chances...the gap is only 12 points...in the ETCC that can be reversed in a weekend pretty easily - two third places will do it for Andy if Dirk doesn't score for some reason.

It all depends on what Alfa's strategy is - are they going for the teams championship? If so, all four of them will go all out to just win...otherwise, is the game to get Tarquini in 2nd (as opposed to his current 4th).

Note the weights for Dubai:

Dirk Muller: 40kg
Augusto Farfus: 30kg
Andy Priaulx: 20kg
Rickard Rydell: 10kg
Jorg Muller: 10kg

Last edited by Hazard; 19 Sep 2004 at 18:24.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 13:04 (Ref:1101948)   #23
Portello
Racer

Portello should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...oh yes, I'm sometimes "dressing an Alfa Romeo t-shirt" Nevertheless, congratulations to BMW and Seat. Augusto Farfus had a great day too in Oschersleben. Autodelta Squadra Corse will be back in 2005 !
Old 20 Sep 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1102030)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by E46
Congratulations SEAT (and Rydell too )
And congratulations to new Independents Trophy champion Tom Coronel.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1102034)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
Let anyone be Champion, but Giovanardi.

He can't win it, statistically.