Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 28 May 2011, 23:24 (Ref:2887288)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 5 - WSBK 2011, Miller (USA)

The first practice session and qualifying are done and dusted. Checa fastest here again, but he had some engine issues in first practice. So will reliability bite him again? Camier and Biaggi are right behind him. Toseland is back racing, but well down the order.

No supersport this weekend, boo! Quite lame really.
Old 29 May 2011, 19:20 (Ref:2887695)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Checa + Miller = Love
if all goes well .. he should get a double race win ..

Ciao Marco
Old 29 May 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2887772)   #3
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do we have any streaming for the racing action ?
Old 29 May 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2887810)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The genius of having a major bike meeting in the USA when not only is there a NASCAR race on but also the Indy 500

Jesus Infront, you could not organise a works raffle let alone a world championship! Pillocks
Old 30 May 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2888241)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the AMA riders tweeted a pic of light snow in the hotel car park. Yikes!
Old 30 May 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2888358)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Checa wins, then bins on slowdown lap and covers himself in mud... hilarious!

But I have to ask the same question as Chunder - WHY? crowd looks like a club meeting at Darley Moor. Plus the circuits an MX track off the tarmac, ludicrous.
Old 31 May 2011, 07:02 (Ref:2888508)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Badovini is running well on the BMW satelite bike - probably time to give him a factory bike & give Corser the full-time testing/developing job!
Old 31 May 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2888583)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would say that the factopry BMW team had some issues at Miller as Leon was nowhere either.

Badovini is a top rider in my view, very underrated, did a great job on the Kwakker a few years ago.

Similar to Scassa actually, both pretty decent riders.

As for Miller, am I alone in thinking WSB in the USa is a total waste of time and always has been!!
Old 31 May 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2888596)   #9
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I would say that the factopry BMW team had some issues at Miller as Leon was nowhere either.

Badovini is a top rider in my view, very underrated, did a great job on the Kwakker a few years ago.

Similar to Scassa actually, both pretty decent riders.

As for Miller, am I alone in thinking WSB in the USa is a total waste of time and always has been!!
I quite enjoyed WSB doing Laguna Seca back in the day ! ... But then I like bike racing there very much anyway
Old 31 May 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2888664)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reckon they could put WSB on with a "popular" AMA round where a decent crowd turns up - aslong as the track safety issues are up to scratch, which you would like to think they are in 2011... Perhaps a track with nice green grass around it that looks good on TV!
Old 31 May 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2888853)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
With the Texas track now being touted as a future GP track, I kind of hope WSBK could return to Laguna. But I have heard that Laguna and In Front don't get along?

As for Miller, just rename it Checa Motosports Park. Double wins on a Honda and a Ducati now. It doesn't really matter what bike, he just shines there. He's now got a grasp on the title, but a long way to go yet.
Old 31 May 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2889056)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lol Gom, AMA is already on at the same time as Miller WSBK!

It just happens to be a a dull as dishwater track that clearly has paid to have a round!

Why nor Barber or Birmingham, far more interesting tracks.

Actuyally feck it, WSBK doesnt need America as much as they dont need WSBK. Get back to Kyalami or Brands or Sugo!!
Old 1 Jun 2011, 04:55 (Ref:2889145)   #13
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Lol Gom, AMA is already on at the same time as Miller WSBK!

It just happens to be a a dull as dishwater track that clearly has paid to have a round!

Why nor Barber or Birmingham, far more interesting tracks.

Actuyally feck it, WSBK doesnt need America as much as they dont need WSBK. Get back to Kyalami or Brands or Sugo!!
Mosport !
Now that would be fun to watch I bet
Old 1 Jun 2011, 06:53 (Ref:2889174)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I dont think bikes have ever run there? I know WSBK ran at some fairly weird places in the early years when Merkel and Polen were winning. Brainerd I think?

But Mosport is a bit quick and mental for bikes. And it's in Canada, so pretty much American m arket but even smaller!!
Old 1 Jun 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2889200)   #15
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
I dont think bikes have ever run there? I know WSBK ran at some fairly weird places in the early years when Merkel and Polen were winning. Brainerd I think?

But Mosport is a bit quick and mental for bikes. And it's in Canada, so pretty much American m arket but even smaller!!
Yeah Summit Point/Brainerd. Nice circuit as well. I think they been to Shah Alam too in these early years.
RE Mosport. Apparantly it hosts Canadian Superbikes final round this year
Old 1 Jun 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2889599)   #16
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they barely allow cars race there .. let alone bikes

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jun 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2889924)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Mosport does have final round of Canadian Superbike - double header infact on Aug 20/21...
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2890201)   #18
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Mosport does have final round of Canadian Superbike - double header infact on Aug 20/21...
I meant to see them last year, I intend to make it out this year.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2893414)   #19
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
I quite enjoyed WSB doing Laguna Seca back in the day ! ...
Happy days! Fond memories of those races too almost a decade ago now. Bring back Ben Bostrom and his number 155.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2893434)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
He still races in the US! Bit of a one hit wonder though I recall, good for a few raes then rubbish!
Old 8 Jun 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2893551)   #21
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He still races in the US! Bit of a one hit wonder though I recall, good for a few raes then rubbish!
I thought he was more than a journey man personally but then again I was a bit of a fan, he had that impressive 5 (may have been more) winning streak in 2001 (I think) and also took quite a few podiums but then he completely dropped off the pace the next season. Surely, you just don't forget to ride after the winter? I wonder what really went on with him.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 16:16 (Ref:2893650)   #22
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
wasn't he on Dunlops while almost everybody else were on Pirellis?

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Jun 2011, 19:50 (Ref:2893824)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Bostrom came into the championship on Michelins, on a factory bike with Foggy. He was sacked berfore mid season, dumped onto a year old bike on Michelins and got podiums and wins!

Next year he was on a LM factory bike on Dunlops (what he was on in AMA, much lke Crafar, Gibert etc etc) He took some time to get up to it then won 5 on the bounce and was hardly seen on the podium again!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2894193)   #24
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
He won the 2008 AMA Supersport Championship too - been on Superbike last cuppla years. Good for a top 5 or 6 finish in races these days, nothing more!
Old 9 Jun 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2894274)   #25
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
hopped and changes rides more times than Gobert to be hoonest, Honda, Yamaha, Ducati. back and forth.

Was promotable and well thought of but sadly had nothing more than a purple patch. US rider really, like Mladin and Yates, Eric Bostrom. Only good over there in my eyes.