Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:36 (Ref:996176)   #1
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shock Horror!!! JV article contains actual quote!!!

F1-Live, among others, has yet another story about the twists and turns of Jaques' fate next year... and it contains actual quotes from the man himself!

I will copy/paste them below, but JV fanatics beware... btw, these come from the newspaper La Presse

Quote #1:
"I don't have any offers"
OK, that in itself is no suprise, as silly season is just getting into full swing...

Quote #2:
"I've never negotiated anything."
Hmmm... not even a possible test, JV? That will suprise many a soul... :confused:

He also denies the rumours about him visiting the Williams factory.

Anyway, I am somewhat sorry to start yet another JV thread, but having cleared it with an unnamed moderator, decided to see how people felt about some solid info for once...

Last edited by shiny side up!; 7 Jun 2004 at 13:37.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:37 (Ref:996179)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A lot rides on the interpretation of the word "negotiated".

Would JV call having a chat with a team "negotiating" or is he only referring to more formal discussions?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:40 (Ref:996187)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why go for peanuts anyway? Ferrari is full for next year, but in 2006... ehm? Ehm I say!

Though Peter, Adam and yours trully will soon start the negociations for the same seat, so it's gonna be a tough one
Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:44 (Ref:996192)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm yet to be convinced Jacques actually wants to come back, in any case.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:46 (Ref:996193)   #5
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still wondering what can be discussed about JVthat has not already been said.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:51 (Ref:996196)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Probably nothing, climb.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:54 (Ref:996200)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that is at least a new speculative article rather than the same old one again.

I have no experience of La Presse? A lot of F1 sites have gone with it, but as discussed before that is to expected. Does anyone here have any experience of it?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 14:03 (Ref:996215)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Isn't he testing this week?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 14:04 (Ref:996221)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frankly, we've heard nothing from JV himself except for that quote for the entire time that he's been 'linked' with Williams, Renault, Jordan, Ferrari and Toleman!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 14:05 (Ref:996224)   #10
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Hmm, experience with La Presse... Hmm..

Hmm, let's see:

"According to a report in Friday's Montreal La Presse, the native of Iberville, Que., is set for a return with his former team, and could be taking tests runs on European tracks early next month"

"It is a strong possibility that my racing career is finished, but I am comfortable with that," he told to Montreal's La Presse newspaper."

"MONTREAL (CP) -- Former Formula One champion Jacques Villeneuve could return to action in time for the June Canadian Grand Prix, according to reports Friday. Montreal La Presse says nearly..."

And so on and so on. It looks to me like a good part of JV rumors have at some point La Presse involved..

PS: It also stroke me that the "direct quotes" from the man himself are also denying any comeback.. But at least they're a bunch of persevering little journalists.

Disclaimer: I didn't waste more than 10 minutes looking for JV and La Presse.

Last edited by Red; 7 Jun 2004 at 14:09.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 15:34 (Ref:996306)   #11
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For once...none of JV's hardcore fans are jumping into this thread. :confused:
Old 7 Jun 2004, 16:18 (Ref:996349)   #12
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This silly season is probably going to be the best in a while. It's probably to early to say who will go where, so JV is not out of it yet. If he doesn't get a drive with Williams or Renault, I don't think you will see him.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 16:34 (Ref:996362)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I doubted JV wanted to come back to be honest......or whether anyone wanted him.

But it's still all rather vague.....and even if he had offers I doubt he'd say anything!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 16:48 (Ref:996380)   #14
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
But it's still all rather vague.....and even if he had offers I doubt he'd say anything!
Exactly!

I could get frisky and mention JV's desire to drive for Ferrari. Sorry MS, I didn't mean it.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 16:54 (Ref:996392)   #15
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania

Last edited by Red; 7 Jun 2004 at 16:54.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 18:02 (Ref:996476)   #16
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JV and MS are supposed to have met up in Monaco recently and 'made up', as it were.

The old romantic fool in me thinks how great it would be to see MS cast aside his preference for a lap dog team mate, and with his 7th or 8th WDC in his pocket, decide it was time to allow a team mate to race him - enter stage right JV in a Ferrari alongside MS, with a no holes barred fight for the title. Topped off by the sight of Bernie E falling over himself to get the press release out and his digital TV out of mothballs, so I can get some decent coverage of the action without the ....usual.

Then, sadly I woke up...

Last edited by Super Tourer; 7 Jun 2004 at 18:03.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 18:16 (Ref:996487)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Well, if the man himself said his confortable with his retirement, what to say more ?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 19:03 (Ref:996537)   #18
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think, if JV and MS were both in the same team, Ferrari or not, there would be not competition, JV would be slaughtered. But Hakkinen and MS, that would be different....but enough about that.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 19:14 (Ref:996550)   #19
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
AYE!!!! Michael and Mika! At Ferrari! THIS is what I want to see! <sigh>
Old 7 Jun 2004, 19:26 (Ref:996564)   #20
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
remember when there was vague talk of Mika and Michael at McLaren in 1999/2000? Mika would have had more poles obviously, Michael more consistency over the 65 laps of a race, but only by about 2 tenths over 2 laps. Mika was faster than Michael over one lap by the same amount that Michael was faster than Mika over 65 laps, if I'm making sense!
Old 8 Jun 2004, 10:50 (Ref:997110)   #21
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mika did once IIRC said that one tiny regret he had is to race alongside MS in Ferrari.
Old 8 Jun 2004, 12:54 (Ref:997262)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A speculative article i think....

how come this JV thread has much replies than we are used to....
Old 8 Jun 2004, 17:01 (Ref:997531)   #23
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why Mika and Michael and not Michael and Jacques?

With Michael and Jacques, we would truly see a rivalry, two drivers actually not liking each other. The difference with Prost and Senna is that in this case only one would throw his car against the other...
Old 8 Jun 2004, 17:21 (Ref:997553)   #24
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Oh comeon, last year JV bombastically stated that he'd quit F1 if he's beaten by Jenson Button it *that* BAR. He WAS beaten. What exactly make you think that JV, this year, has enough balls to challenge Michael, in *his* car?

Anyway, they call it a F1 team for a reason. Noone would want to get "two drivers actually not liking each other".
Old 8 Jun 2004, 18:08 (Ref:997595)   #25
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
with Mika and Michael they would have actually been in the same team and respected each other. When was the last time we had 2 greats in the same team?