Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Nov 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1469325)   #1
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans travel arrangements; a new airline?

The following has reached me from a usually reliable source (i.e. I don't think that it is spam) and may be of interest to some members. (I hope it is sufficiently far from advertising not to offend the Gods of the forum. )

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:24 AM

(This is not an ad.)

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are writing to inform you that we are a french project group and we try, in relation with the airport of Le Mans to develop a temporary airline between Le Mans (72-France) and England.

This line would be made for people who want to attend « Les 24 Heures du Mans »(June 2006), the famous french motor race.

We would like to know if this idea could interest some people in your club, without any obligation from you.

Or you can contact us again if we can help in any way,

We would appreciate if you could answer us quickly so we could develop this project.

Yours faithfully.

Sylvain CHAGNEAU
Chérif BEN HENDA
Regards

Jim Whitaker

Last edited by paul-collins; 1 Dec 2005 at 13:43.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1469474)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting. But not a lot to go on Jim. Perhaps you could ask them if they are developing a web-site or if they have a maliling list those interested could join?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1469486)   #3
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They did quote a couple of websites but (having read the FAQs) I thought I should excise them.

I have suggested that they add some details here (in addition to the quoted email address).

Regards

Jim
Old 24 Nov 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1469518)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Understood. I wouldn't want to actively promote them, but we do permit links to other sites of direct use to members. If you wanted to post them, I could always take a look. If necessary, I could move the details to Cool Sites..
Old 24 Nov 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1469557)   #5
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
The originators also reference two websites, mainly (as far as a very quick look tells me) about the race:

Quote:
For more information about this race, you can see these websites :
www.lemans.org
www.24hdumans.net
Regards

Jim
Old 24 Nov 2005, 20:22 (Ref:1469577)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've emailed them. Might be of interest as an alternative to the bus tour.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 25 Nov 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1469888)   #7
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question is...can they park another airplane on the field during the Le Mans weekend?
Old 26 Nov 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1470872)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is not a commercial venture at this time, more of a "can we get bodies together for some charters?"

Given the lead time, I guess now is as good as any to be looking for participants. I wonder if this could turn into an option for, say, Page+Moy?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 27 Nov 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1471190)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Not as easy as a 'UK-Le Mans' airline, but there's already Stanstead-Dinard by Easyjet, almost for a song, and regular airlines (Britair/Air France, BA too IIRC, seeing jets from the cabin of my small Cessna when I practice with my teacher) to Nantes too.

We've got a new link to Ireland from Nantes, lately, and really cheap too.

FWIW.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 11:35 (Ref:1474586)   #10
cherif
Rookie

cherif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi fab and evryone
we are the organizators of this project...as you said in the previous post we agree that there are airlines between france and UK such as Air France British airways, easy jet but nowadays i ve never seen an aircraft from those companies landing or taking off from Le mans airport...and as you know le mans airport is 100 meters far from the circuit. thats why we propoze you this new service.and now it s up to u...we are expecting details for the price from airline cpies...do not hesitate if u need more info...

edited: took out your personal info (phone and email addresses). I don't want spammers to harvest your info via google.

People, please use the "email user" to contact Sylvain.

- p-c

Last edited by paul-collins; 1 Dec 2005 at 13:45.
Old 7 Dec 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1479227)   #11
cherif
Rookie

hi this is again cherif and sylvain,

i didn t have any news from you since a long time...is the project uninterresting?We have taken contact with an airline company they are just waiting for you...I will give you later an aproximate price of the ticket...and remember...the airport is 1 minute far from the buggati...but in order to progress in this project we need a number of people aiming to go from uk to le mans by air...so ...do not hesitate... my mail is cherif72000 hotmail . com
Old 7 Dec 2005, 23:39 (Ref:1479279)   #12
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFAIK a Bae 146 / RJ100 is the biggest jet that can land at Le Mans and several do go in from the UK during the weekend, we flew in from Biggin Hill with Airtrack.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1479466)   #13
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherif
hi this is again cherif and sylvain,

i didn t have any news from you since a long time...is the project uninterresting?We have taken contact with an airline company they are just waiting for you...I will give you later an aproximate price of the ticket...and remember...the airport is 1 minute far from the buggati...but in order to progress in this project we need a number of people aiming to go from uk to le mans by air...so ...do not hesitate... my mail is cherif72000 hotmail . com
To be honest guys, the end of November was a little late for the Le Mans regulars on this forum. I would suggest that I speak for most of us when I say 2006 was already arranged (at least in the mind) by the time we returned home from the 2005 race.

I already have accommodation booked for 2007! That's how far ahead we work. A number of members travel out pre Test Day, a large number between Sunday and Thursday of race week, and relatively few (or so it seems) on Friday/Saturday. You have given us no idea of schedule! For instance will there be flights daily on Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon, and if so how many flights are planned on each day? How can we comment with so little information??

So, be more specific about the service you plan to offer and we will be able to tell you whether or not it's of any interest. We have very little to go on from what you've been able to tell us so far!!
Old 8 Dec 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1479512)   #14
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll take my own private jet this year....
Old 8 Dec 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1479690)   #15
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is an existing service to the airport, admittedly only out on Saturday and back on Sunday, but with landing fees, the prices can be relatively high, so demand may not justify more flights than this. A shuttle flight from Paris may have a better chance of working as Paris can be reached form most UK regional airports, rather than a direct flight from one of the London airports or maybe Southend.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1479728)   #16
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depends how much luggage we can take on the plane with us!
Old 8 Dec 2005, 15:05 (Ref:1479771)   #17
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm unsure as to the demand for the service these days. Motor Racing International cancelled their flight last year due to lack of numbers and don't even offer it this year. Airtrack still offer a direct flight on the Saturday back on the Sunday.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1479780)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motor Racing International 2006 brochure dropped through my letter box yesterday and I noticed that they are not offering flight option for next year. I also so know of a couple of people that flow from Stanstead to Tour last year with Ryanair and where quite happy with them.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1481308)   #19
cherif
Rookie

To answer to your different requests and questions there will be one or two flights it depend on the number of passenger.The departure is envisaged on friday afternoon(from london or other city) and the coming back to england 1 hour or two hours after the end of the race.We are now dealing with a french airline cpie which will give us soon an idea of the price.I naturally communicate this price as soon as i have it.And remember that the airport is near the buggati.every thing is next to u.Chalair the company assure us that if we have passengers before the 1st of february there will be flights for Le mans 2006 edition
Old 12 Dec 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1482407)   #20
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mew regular airline will be operated from Engalnd to Angers airport, a service which could be compared with Ryanair Tours destination.

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 20 Jan 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1505530)   #21
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this idea still alive? There are one or two people who are definately interested.