Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 May 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3411659)   #1
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mandatory alcohol testing for BTCC drivers & senior officials

Interesting:

http://www.btcc.net/2014/05/28/btcc-...h-motor-sport/

Aiming to stop the "morning after" according the the PR.
Old 28 May 2014, 08:29 (Ref:3411667)   #2
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Damn. Does that mean I've got to get rid on the on-post potcheen still?
Old 28 May 2014, 09:15 (Ref:3411691)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Control without a G & T, never.............................
Old 28 May 2014, 10:04 (Ref:3411708)   #4
Fred Bromley
Racer

United Kingdom
Lutterworth
Fred Bromley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good job it is not a dope test, most of them would get full marks!!!
Old 28 May 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3411761)   #5
saddelbags
Rookie

saddelbags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not new they came to a Eurocar event and tested drivers and some officels 15 or so years ago.
Old 28 May 2014, 12:26 (Ref:3411767)   #6
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
A number of drivers, at random, were tested under very strict FIA rules at the Masters/MSVR meeting at Brands Hatch last Sunday.
Old 28 May 2014, 12:28 (Ref:3411770)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was the MSA Steward at a FIA event at Santa Pod last year and had to be involved in the testing of Drivers. The people doing the testing had done the London Olympics and had some great tales to tell.
Old 28 May 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3411813)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddelbags View Post
Not new they came to a Eurocar event and tested drivers and some officels 15 or so years ago.
Yeah, it's not new to test, what I believe is new is the every Sat/Sun element.
Old 28 May 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3411828)   #9
icorper
Racer

England
Farnborough, Hants
icorper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zero Tolerance.....

No more champagne on the podium then?
Old 28 May 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3411830)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by icorper View Post
Zero Tolerance.....

No more champagne on the podium then?
Given the rate that the body can generally process alcohol I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem
Old 28 May 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3411868)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Is that zero tolerance to alcohol or zero alcohol? Two different things altogether. I was under the impression that there is a possibility of miniscule levels of alcohol in the body even if you haven't consumed any.
Old 28 May 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3411885)   #12
exflagman
Racer

exflagman is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Given some of the 'events' I have witnessed on the marshals camp site at the BGP, if they tested everyone at sign on there would be a somewhat depleted marshalling force.
Old 28 May 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3411915)   #13
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like this idea
Old 28 May 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3412024)   #14
winslade6770
Racer

winslade6770 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Watch out if Hunters Abbott (about)
Old 28 May 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3412067)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have been drink and drug tested a few times over the years, I remember being virtually pulled out of the car in parc ferme after winning a race at Rockingham and taken to the medical center for tests.
Another time at Oulton Park the first 3 in the race were breathalysed and I was the only one that blew negative
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 May 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3412101)   #16
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i remember a few years ago after a few drinks in the bar at anglesey we got bored so decided to annoy, stood on a chair at the front of the room to announce we would be doing random breath tests at the 2cv race the next day.........never seen a bar empty so quick, had to apologise to the owner and buy more drinks lol
Old 29 May 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3412320)   #17
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I,ve been advocating for the last few years that breath tests should be the norm at all meetings.

I also believe that ALL drivers, regardless of grade, should have to do a days marshalling every two years.
Old 29 May 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3412421)   #18
tonyC
Rookie

tonyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had the testers at Mallory a few years back. We were still waiting about an hour after the last race for one driver to "produce!"
Old 30 May 2014, 06:32 (Ref:3412595)   #19
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We have drunk beer "below the window" while on post but on down time at Le Mans. Chief Tony was against, so all hidden. First Le Mans I done the French Marshal taking over from us arrived with a glass of red wine in his hand. 1992: times have changed.
Old 30 May 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3412924)   #20
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelagh View Post
First Le Mans I done the French Marshal taking over from us arrived with a glass of red wine in his hand. 1992: times have changed.
have they? wink wink
Old 30 May 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3412932)   #21
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Breath tests? Pfuii!!

At the Olympics, a medal winner couldn't even go for a post-race pee without someone from Drugs Control to go into the loo with them, to take a sample!

JOhn
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3414293)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
At the Olympics, a medal winner couldn't even go for a post-race pee without someone from Drugs Control to go into the loo with them, to take a sample!
Could be that trophies are going to become more functional and less decorative.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3414327)   #23
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I sit here still celebrating getting married, turning 50, honeymoon, et cetera ....

Thank goodness I'm not marshalling! (Although the champagne has run out.)

I'd be up before the judge!

And it is Monday but I have this lovely shiny gold ring on my left hand which I keep admiring going "Ooh, Aah". After 7 weeks of this, should I be examined for "ability" on the bank?