Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Feb 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1851188)   #1
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christopher Evans

Whats up with the website hardly ever updated now its been suspended hope this is not bad news from Chris
Old 25 Feb 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1851241)   #2
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah its been very quiet in the Evans camp since the Superprix I hope everythings ok.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1851431)   #3
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the british championship only ? Bit nuts not to do your own home championship

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 25 Feb 2007, 22:48 (Ref:1851461)   #4
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im sure when i spoke to Tony Bardy, he was busy refettling the Astra, and making some improvements.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1851485)   #5
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He will be at Lydden.

Apparently doing the IRXC is a backward step now on the road to europe. (NOT MY WORDS OR FEELINGS!!)
Old 26 Feb 2007, 00:44 (Ref:1851612)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well; If you look at the age and type of machinery now in the irish championship it would most certainly be on par;

If you look at the likes of hansen; He may be one of the best rallycross drivers around in europe; But it dosnt mean that he is of a high standard that he dosnt race with the pack in his national championship.

There is many different contenders for the irish championship this year and last year; It is harder to win the irish than it is to win the british.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 27 Feb 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1853243)   #7
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
Well; If you look at the age and type of machinery now in the irish championship it would most certainly be on par;

If you look at the likes of hansen; He may be one of the best rallycross drivers around in europe; But it dosnt mean that he is of a high standard that he dosnt race with the pack in his national championship.

There is many different contenders for the irish championship this year and last year; It is harder to win the irish than it is to win the british.
Sorry Rxie,
Looking at the entry list the Irish championship is not that great. I think the British championship is much stronger.

And for Hansen, the Swedish championship is very very strong with more then a few regular ERC contenders. (Eklund, Larsson...)
Old 28 Feb 2007, 00:15 (Ref:1853389)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Mivec,

Ok if you look at the entrylists you might not see the numbers, but its not been a championship thats been won mid way into it; It has always been down to the wire; George Tracey was an unfortunate example of this last year..

Old 28 Feb 2007, 10:06 (Ref:1853616)   #9
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think people should feel any compulsion to do their national championship. Up and coming drivers should go to the championship that will offer them the potential to gain experience and allow for career progression.

If I was aiming at the ERC (some hope!) I'd be looking at something like the French championship. Its very competitive, it has a significant degree of works support and runs on European-style tracks. Basing your operation over there would be no more expensive than being in the UK.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 10:20 (Ref:1853632)   #10
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Yes while its not compulsory its still good show to do it

Old 28 Feb 2007, 10:29 (Ref:1853646)   #11
Rallycrossfreak
Rookie

Rallycrossfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas
If I was aiming at the ERC (some hope!) I'd be looking at something like the French championship. Its very competitive, it has a significant degree of works support and runs on European-style tracks. Basing your operation over there would be no more expensive than being in the UK.
no more expensive? you really think? than I can say you 're totaly wrong

The french championship is counting eleven races and the level is much higher than in the UK! The French division 1 drivers are comparable with the European division 1 drivers. But the UK drivers are not !! We've seen it by Evans, Carnegie, MC Cluskey, ... more than once ...
Old 28 Feb 2007, 10:52 (Ref:1853663)   #12
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallycrossfreak
no more expensive? you really think? than I can say you 're totaly wrong

The french championship is counting eleven races and the level is much higher than in the UK! The French division 1 drivers are comparable with the European division 1 drivers. But the UK drivers are not !! We've seen it by Evans, Carnegie, MC Cluskey, ... more than once ...
Well I'm not saying you have to do every round at first. Anyway, if you were to do the British Open Championship and the MSA British Championship you'd actually be doing more rounds than the French. (That's before you count Irish rounds...)

Is Chris paying much less than an average French driver for general car prep? I wouldn't think so as Bardy / Godfrey are about the best there is - evidenced by the Scandinavian and overseas work they get.

Yes, dont get me wrong - I've got every respect for French drivers - that's why I think its a good idea to compete over there it you aspire for the top...

Last edited by leonidas; 28 Feb 2007 at 10:59.
Old 1 Mar 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1854843)   #13
DCS
Racer

DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallycrossfreak
Don't forget that this was their (Evans and Cluskey) fist outings with the car and the both run in lot of technical problems as well. If they had 1 years of experience with the circuits, combined with the cars currently running good, it will be a lot closer to the top!

Ps. Knapick and so also makes it only to the C or perhaps B final in other countries...
Old 2 Mar 2007, 21:24 (Ref:1855830)   #14
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Yeh i remember evans had a slight technical problem involving the drivers door of carnegies car and a gravel trap..

Old 2 Mar 2007, 23:58 (Ref:1855925)   #15
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
Yeh i remember evans had a slight technical problem involving the drivers door of carnegies car and a gravel trap..
Don't mention the war
Old 3 Mar 2007, 00:25 (Ref:1855944)   #16
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
oh yes the great war.... *sigh* we lost so many good body panels