Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 22 Sep 2003, 18:26 (Ref:726819)   #1
terje
Rookie

United Kingdom
In two-part foam
terje should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BARC Renault Rockingham 20/21st sept

Does anyone know why the second renault race at rockingham was stopped short on sunday (21st)?
Old 23 Sep 2003, 08:06 (Ref:727381)   #2
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We missed you, are you coming to Donnington.
The race was stopped when Jonathan Sedgewick and Ian Barratt with bent front wings tangled at the second chicane. Jonathan hit the wall hard enough to be concussed. It was restarted with only 4 laps to run, with the first half being declared null and void. It now seems that the second half has been declared null and void as we were gridded with most of the cars out of place. Don't ask me to explain all that, I just sat there on the grid and looked confused.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 09:47 (Ref:727461)   #3
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We meant to come over and introduce ourselves, Bob, but when we had a chance to come over on the Saturday you were all in Parc Ferme tending to the car that decided to spontaneously combust! Another time, hopefully
Old 23 Sep 2003, 11:38 (Ref:727576)   #4
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Yes, that was Nicky Wilcox's car, the fire started with fuel dripping from a cracked fuel filter. The absence of extinguishers in parc ferme was the cause of the panic and my ernest conversations with every official I could lay my hands on. To their credit two extinguishers appeared and were in position again the next day.
Are you at Donnington Maisie, if so come and introduce yourself.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 13:32 (Ref:727740)   #5
Maisie
Veteran

Which date?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 07:20 (Ref:728418)   #6
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Donnington is the 5th Oct
Old 24 Sep 2003, 10:59 (Ref:728584)   #7
Maisie
Veteran

Should be there
Old 25 Sep 2003, 08:52 (Ref:729495)   #8
terje
Rookie

United Kingdom
In two-part foam
terje should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Bob, we've chosen not to complete the rest of the season because of the bad vibes the championship has this year. We're looking at our options for next season but we're not ruling out a return to the championship, although the poor grids and the fact that the championship has lost its way somewhat is concerning.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 09:36 (Ref:729521)   #9
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Hmmm. It is true that grids are dropping,( although we have 15 at the last count for Donnington) I have talked with the BARC on this subject several times this year, but they are of the opinion that they predicted this decline in club level sport at the beginning of the year and so are not surprised. There are always some evergreen formulas un affected by economic situations, but ours with it's mix of young drivers passing through and club drivers in various states of fiscal disaster isn't one of them. Its hard to say its lost its way, when to the best of my knowledge it never had any sort of a mission. It simply survives because the cars are so ideal for that slot of the market.
Quite a few people have come to me over recent meetings asking for details of cars for sale, so interest for next year is building and hopefully it will lead to more than the 30 registered drivers we had this year.
I hadn't detected the bad vibes ( unless its me thats causing them)
In October/November I go to a meeting with the BARC and talk about next year, you, as a long term member of the formula obviously have ideas on how things should be, why don't you have a ride over and we can sit down and talk a few ideas through with a view to me taking them to the BARC.
It would be nice if you reconsidered, afterall you staying away is making the bad grids you referred to even worse.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 15:00 (Ref:736797)   #10
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be at Dono, which reminds me, was just going to check if there's a topic about that weekend. Will also be there just after the end of our season for a double header 'special' as well..

EPS

Ginetta number 77