3 5 5.88%
2 5 5.88%
1 3 3.53%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jun 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2487539)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the British GP 2009

What do you think of it...
Old 21 Jun 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2487550)   #2
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brilliant fights towards the back of the grid!
Old 21 Jun 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2487558)   #3
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 7 for the same reasons above.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2487562)   #4
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, quite entertaining because of what went on in the lower half of the grid, and an extra point for the sheer pleasure of watching the cars on the limit on this spectacular track - which makes it 8 for me. I enjoyed that race more than it objectively deserved ...
Old 21 Jun 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2487564)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3, for the Alonso Hamilton battle.

Silverstone shows how the overtaking group have failed
Old 21 Jun 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2487578)   #6
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good race but not a great race for a Silverstone swan song; or was it the swan song? 8
Old 21 Jun 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2487589)   #7
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 - The beginning gave me hope for a good race, but I really got bored. There simply was a lack of racing, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Silverstone shows how the overtaking group have failed
I couldn't agree more with you. Both Hamilton and Alonso could get passed the two driving BMW-chicanes. Heidfeld even lack front-end downforce and was asked by his team to get a nose replacement. As the German stayed out, Alonso couldn't overtake him.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2487613)   #8
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some of you are ridiculously positive. That was a dreadful race in what has been a dreadful season for races. 1
Old 21 Jun 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2487621)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Not great. Some good scraps towards the back of the field but up front it was pretty much another snoozefest.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 16:18 (Ref:2487630)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe I'm just feeling a bit sentimental because it was (possibly) Silverstone's last GP, but I genuinely enjoyed it more than other recent races and it had a positive impact on the championship, so I gave it a 7 (the eagle-eyed among you will notice that my name is next to '6', but I changed my mind ). Still incredibly frustrated by how difficult it is to overtake, though.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 21 Jun 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2487640)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9/10, simply because of the battles all through the field. There may not have been much overtaking, but boy where those cars on the ragged edge!
Old 21 Jun 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2487657)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 7.

If the thrilling battles fought out by Hamilton, Alonso and the BMWs had taken place at the sharp end, I'd have given it a 9.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2487659)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Nice fights, fizzled out by about half distance, with a bit of interest at the end with Glock catching Kimi and Button chasing Rosberg.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2487673)   #14
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPP View Post
I enjoyed that race more than it objectively deserved ...
I agree. Apart from the very entertaining battles at the back (pretty much all involving Alonso) it wasn't great, but it had that special something that made it better than the sum of its parts.

Them driving around a circuit with actual spectators helped, visually it was good to watch as angles like Copse and through Maggots never get boring, even on TV.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2487674)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
An 8.Some good scraps.The cars were closer,but I still have the feeling that they have way too much downforce.About the same amount that Hamilton had would be a step forward.

It's reckoned that by the end of the season that some of the cars will have 90% of the downforce that they had last season!
Old 21 Jun 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2487712)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Seriously that was one of the most tedious F1 races i've seen for a long time. Great to hear all the voices of support for the place but still we see that current breed aero dependent F1 cars cannot provide proper wheel to wheel spectacle when there's only 2 cast iron overtaking spots in 3.3 miles.

It made some of Hungary or Monaco's previous races look like thrillers!!

How can any of us give it 7 or 8's just because two monumentally frustrated, albeit proper racers, had a bit of a set to near the back?!!

Get the aero reduced again so Jenson Button or whoever can follow Jarno Trulli in and out of any corner and get a run in them up the next straight for goodness sakes!!!

Rant over.....

Old 21 Jun 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2487716)   #17
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
5 from me. Apart from the fights at the back and JB's race to catch Rosberg, was a bit of a procession. Liked GF's overtake at the beginning of the race - that was a class move.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 18:35 (Ref:2487750)   #18
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I was there and I have to say, was somewhat underwhelmed by the race itself..

These cars desperately need to be worked on to help them overtake.

Selby
Old 21 Jun 2009, 19:50 (Ref:2487788)   #19
andyrjt1
Rookie

Scotland
gloucestershire
andyrjt1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a 5......mainly because of the scraps at the back and the fact there was a crowd who are so enthusiastic and because there are I know, going to be much worse races later in the season, Hungary, Valencia so could not award a 2 or 3...
Old 21 Jun 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2487817)   #20
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5/10, not the best i have ever seen, but not the worst either

It really showed how the aero packages have not allowed really close racing & loads of overtaking. Look at how quickly Button caught the BMW & Ferrari towards the end but then couldn't get right on their tale or past them.

Still, good points for the most rounded driver on the grid, Mr Button, bring it home!!
Old 21 Jun 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2487833)   #21
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race was a little more interesting compared to the last race. There were actually spectators and I didn't have the feeling like I was the only one in the world watching this race. I have always been a fan of Silverstone for its high average speeds, but again it was a struggle to overtake. This was especially highlighted by Heidfeld when the team were calling him in because he was losing too much time because of his damaged front wing. He refused to listen and stayed out and still managed to prevent Alonso and anyone else from passing him. So, that was a sad event for me anyway.

The most interesting and visibly spectacular part of the race is when they showed Hamilton's Pussy Cat Doll girlfriend react when Lewis took a spin....Wowzaa!!!
Old 21 Jun 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2487845)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I give three,just for the opening laps,after seven I had a walk round the garden to wake myself up!
Old 21 Jun 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2487847)   #23
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am with my friend Peter Mallet and gave this race a 9..

There were many fine passing attempts during this race..

The race track is a total beauty, you know the drivers can just feel the fans energy...
Old 21 Jun 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2487863)   #24
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
How can any of us give it 7 or 8's just because two monumentally frustrated, albeit proper racers, had a bit of a set to near the back?!!

Get the aero reduced again so Jenson Button or whoever can follow Jarno Trulli in and out of any corner and get a run in them up the next straight for goodness sakes!!!
some seriously diverging opinions here! I am one of those who gave it an 8, I really don't know why but I did enjoy it. I am however completely with you on the need to reduce aero. Overtaking needs to be easier - but not too easy, because if it is too easy, we will just have a procession after three or four laps when every faster car has overtaken every slower car.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2487864)   #25
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it a 7 though I feel a 6.5 is nearer the mark.

A good start, pretty dull through the middle, it picked up a bit towards the end again as the tyre strategies equalised back out.

As much as Silverstone is a great circuit , in this day and age it's not an overtaking track anymore. This proven by the fact that the drivers hardly touch the brakes at all until the Vale chicane.