Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Nov 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1168338)   #1
jimmycourier
Racer

jimmycourier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WPS Reality check please

check this out, if WPS think they will be even close to the level of where SBR next year... I don't think in 20 years they could get there

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...nd=M&gid=14298
Old 1 Dec 2004, 01:01 (Ref:1168525)   #2
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry when I read that. Determination is one thing, but that's just plain stupid.

I've always liked David Besnard, but let's face it, lady luck was wearing a WPS race suit in the 3rd race at Tassie.

Still, these kind of statements do add some flair and colour to the usual "hopefully obviously challenging" press releases that we get inundated with
Old 1 Dec 2004, 04:12 (Ref:1168580)   #3
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At first I to did the "Don't know whether to laugh, cry, shake or scratch my head" and next year I agree, they have to be very, very... (for the sake of bordom I won't type out the 4,500 "verys") optomistic to think they'll be knocking on SBR's deal.

Although, if Mr Gore doesn't get bored, I'm pretty sure that WPS could be a pretty effective team in the next 5 years or so. V8 Supercars are still very much in the infant stages of "big" budgets and I'm sure if you apply enough money at some stage you'll end up with two cars in the top 10.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 04:13 (Ref:1168581)   #4
Vee8
Racer

Vee8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A contender for "worst PR performance of the year" if ever I saw one.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 09:12 (Ref:1168716)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Vee8
A contender for "worst PR performance of the year" if ever I saw one.
Equal first with Gory's Corner?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Dec 2004, 09:28 (Ref:1168733)   #6
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say they are both straight from the mouth of Gore.
Old 1 Dec 2004, 09:45 (Ref:1168742)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe I am too boringly conservative, but with things like this, I always thought sneaking up on a result or an aim was more sensible than telling the world you will do something.

Like saying there is a multi year plan, there is a team strategy about building up thru the next couple of seasons, that there is a learning period to find that magic 2% that seems elusive to all bar SBR, Kmart & PWR for now....

Honesty is the best policy, for at the very least, it does not set you up for a fall....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Dec 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1168764)   #8
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably wouldn't have to do a hell of a lot to be the 2nd best performing Ford team though .
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 1 Dec 2004, 23:08 (Ref:1169434)   #9
Vee8
Racer

Vee8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Honesty is the best policy, for at the very least, it does not set you up for a fall....
And when the fall comes, as it inevitably will, who do you think will be first against the wall?

Bezzy and Bairdo, I hope you have watertight payout clauses in your contracts ...
Old 2 Dec 2004, 00:48 (Ref:1169469)   #10
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is just pure "Gold"

I was having a bit of a dull day, but now I will be occupied washing my cloths after falling to the ground in uncontrolable fits of laughter

Boy oh boy, what a big call, that has to be the funniest thing I have read all year. I did however notice that they are looking forward to Baird's consistancy to match Besnards pace, maybe they are going to put them both in the same car, with 2 steering wheels

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 2 Dec 2004, 01:48 (Ref:1169474)   #11
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Um, I must be reading a different article. Besnard said they aim to run in the top ten all year next year. He said their goal is to to be like the Stone Bros team is now, to be at the pointy end of the field, although he didn't claim that would be next year.

Same with Evers. He said their goal is to run in the top ten with both cars next year. Isn't that what most teams/drivers who finished 11th or worse say?
Old 2 Dec 2004, 02:23 (Ref:1169482)   #12
lowndes6
Racer

lowndes6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do WPS even have a workshop or engine facility?
Old 4 Dec 2004, 12:54 (Ref:1170515)   #13
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowndes6
Do WPS even have a workshop or engine facility?

Hey guys, better put a bib on, you have a HUGE serving of HUMBLE PIE to get through!

Who came fourth in race one? Anybody? That's good, can't speak with your mouths full....
Old 4 Dec 2004, 13:25 (Ref:1170551)   #14
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigguy

Hey guys, better put a bib on, you have a HUGE serving of HUMBLE PIE to get through!

Who came fourth in race one? Anybody? That's good, can't speak with your mouths full....

LOL Dont ya hate it when that happens. Bezzy and the team done a good job today lets see if they can continue to do it tommorrow and into next season. If you believe Mr Gore, they will be going alright

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 4 Dec 2004, 13:47 (Ref:1170576)   #15
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pies! Pies! Get your HUMBLE PIE here!

Go Bessy!
Old 4 Dec 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1170593)   #16
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pit stops are wonderfull things.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1170857)   #17
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walburn seems to have gotten a fair few neddies under the bonnet of the WPS car. There needs to be a bit of chassis work done on the cars though as they don't look that stable.
Besnard did drive well yesterday though. Eastern Creek overall is a power circuit and he seemed to have plenty of that.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1170864)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime, the 2nd car with Mr Blowup at the wheel did exactly that, ventilated yet another engine. Is he aiming for some sort of record this season?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Dec 2004, 01:13 (Ref:1184554)   #19
boatride
Rookie

boatride should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the same group of people that took to chanting "waaanker" "waaanker" at someone who looked suspiciously like GTRMagic as he wandered past their garage after the Eastern Creek round was over.

Very professional work boys. A clap all round.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 02:24 (Ref:1184574)   #20
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm, a group of people publicly critical of an individual.......

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 03:28 (Ref:1184596)   #21
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The same people, or an associated party, said on here somewhere that there would be legal repercussions for those making slanderous statements.

Chanting "waaanker, waaanker" could be considered slanderous, really....we all know GTR doesn't give a toss what people think. He tells it how it is
Old 21 Dec 2004, 04:02 (Ref:1184602)   #22
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are right there.... I am still interested to know how Glenn is going to end up in the second HRT seat for 2005 ?

Slander = Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

Old 21 Dec 2004, 07:17 (Ref:1184657)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatride
This is the same group of people that took to chanting "waaanker" "waaanker" at someone who looked suspiciously like GTRMagic as he wandered past their garage after the Eastern Creek round was over.

Very professional work boys. A clap all round.
And here I was thinking nobody had noticed

Ah well, a couple of boys letting off steam while still wearing their WPS team clothing with the Supercar logo attached....

Lucky the Kelvinmonster wasnt around... BTSID here we come....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Dec 2004, 08:58 (Ref:1184723)   #24
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
But Kelvin can't fine you GTR! Oh, you where talking about the WPS guys