Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Mar 2002, 10:10 (Ref:243470)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
troy bayliss....

definitely the man of the moment - go troy
Old 25 Mar 2002, 10:32 (Ref:243491)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The word 'unstoppable' comes to mind. Really, the state of play in the WSBK is a bit poor at the moment. It's a Ducati benefit at the moment, with only one Honda and one Aprilia as main challengers (I don't count Suzuki (lost interest) and Kawasaki (how old is that bike now?)

Bayliss may be challenged from within Ducati itself, like Xaus and perhaps Chili, and Edwards may be in for a fight, but I don't see Bayliss being beaten.

And in an interview I saw on the weekend, he did state he would like a crack at MotoGP if he gets the oppurtunity, but he said age may be a factor against him. But because he's riding so well, and is so full of confidence, why not give him a ride despite that!!
Old 26 Mar 2002, 12:10 (Ref:244325)   #3
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
f1man

It has always been a Ducati benifit. Except this year there are more equal Ducatis than when say Carl Fogarty won those titles.

Has it always been rigged? When did Carl not win? And who did on what?

Answer: Troy Corser on a Duke when Carl was on the Hinda RC45.

But for all that Bayliss did well. Good onya Troy.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 12:39 (Ref:244346)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's good.... real good.

I think Xaus, Bostrom, will have their days, while Haga and Edwards are good in spurts, but can't keep it up.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 13:09 (Ref:244377)   #5
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Far out my spell'n was really bad in the previous post.

Bayliss will win the Championship though.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 15:30 (Ref:244469)   #6
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My men of the moment are Chris Walker riding on a new bike whilst still suffering from the effects of Bells Palsy and Neil Hodgson riding on last year's bike and nearly beating Ben Bostrom twice.

Can Charlie Cox go back to Touring Cars or to Formula One out of the way of the real racing.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 01:59 (Ref:244860)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bayliss is class pure nad simple. As for Xaus and Bostrom they seem to dependant on the bike being right. Hodgson was excellent. Remember he is doing exactly the same as Capirossi did last year in GP on a year old bike. Walker I don't know he is getting the sympathy vote and won't like getting beat by Izutsu.
Edwards looked a threat but seemed to be riding on the edge to keep up. Watching Bayliss was like watching Doohan, effortless.
As for GP he will be the main man surely. Who else is there. Xaus becase he is Spanish. Won't be Bostrom unless they run Dunlops.Capirex has been courted by Ducati and Biaggi so maybe Troy and Max, coolio
Old 27 Mar 2002, 07:44 (Ref:244930)   #8
luckyphil
Rookie

luckyphil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great to see Bayliss put in a year of GP's, after he cleans up again this year. He is on a mission!
Old 28 Mar 2002, 02:33 (Ref:245597)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
i hope so , but you never know , the only thing im sure about is he is going to kick some serious butt this year
Old 31 Mar 2002, 17:23 (Ref:248164)   #10
matty
Rookie

matty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no doubt Bayliss will win again this year...Hell i'm only stating the obvious, can't you see it even after only two rounds????