Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 24 Nov 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1469122)   #1
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe Racing - Appointments

While thinking about the articale on ff1600.co.uk

http://www.ff1600.co.uk/index.php?id=803

It goes through the plans and options outlined by Castle Combe.

Its quite an interesting read (more so on the second read once you've thought about it)

Its very good that Combe have made this information open and publicly available.

I have a few questions / commands and I invite debate.

1.) Costs

While the CCRC membership is a good bit cheaper than the BRSCC which is positive, however for someone like Ed Moore / Nathan Freake / Steven Jensen / myself who race primarily at combe but do away races also when able to

To do this I assume I would have to be a member of both BRSCC and CCRC so £95 + £145

What would happen if MSV do the same ? £95 + £145 + £whatever

This doesn't look like redcuing the costs - or making things easier on the club racer.

The start money is a very positive option, which will encourage grid sizes back to what they where in 2004.

Does anyone have an opinion on why they did fall for 2005 ?

2.) Representation

Its noted that Richard Watkins has been appointed a drivers rep to the club ?

How was this decided ? When was this decided and why Richard ?

Does anyone have any information on this ?

3.) "perks"

the perks appear on paper as quite good discount at merlin motorsport, reduced fee's in testing

To be honest - I know other places have more expensive fees, but as a general rule of thumb I see testing fees at combe as too high any way, so while I welcome the discount, would it not be better for motorsport / combe competition to just lower the testing fee's cost ?

The one perk which I think is stunning and much more in line how Combe was when I first started, is the potential transfer of race entries if you have problems on a test day or before hand for example - the BRSCC have been very good to me with this also (from personal experience) however its nice to see something "formal" said about this.

What are peoples thoughts / views
Old 24 Nov 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1469146)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The sensible thing would be for BRSCC to offer the same free one-day membership as Combe. Whether this will happen or not is another matter. If they do introduce it, there should probably be a maximum number of BRSCC events that you can contest without paying anything!

MSV (at the moment) is still a BRSCC championship so that would be covered under BRSCC membership.

Not sure why Richard Watkins was appointed - as he already had the role anyway, prior to the change? I think Mike Waite is still a rep of some kind in the North West, not that he drives much this days... There was some kind of annual meeting at Combe recently, perhaps it was decided there?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1469208)   #3
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the entry fee idea is brilliant. It's like these football grounds that say, the more support we get, the less you pay for a ticket. Brilliant. And I don't know why this has not been done previously by other clubs. NW Formula ford has enjoyed healthy grids all year and yes, we have had the use of the International circuit more this year (which is great), but with an average of 45 to 50 cars each meeting, the fees haven't reduced.

After a good 2005, it would be interesting to see if the BRSCC holds race fees for this year or even reduces them...........

It would be interesting to see how things pan out for the first year of the new Combe. It could prove to be a prequel of things to come across the country.......

I suppose the main objective is one of sustainability. If the whole club proves to be viable or not. I think a lot of people will be watching Comber very closely this year.

Best of luck to them!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1469235)   #4
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the crash in testing differ the entry is a great idea

This happen to me a few years ago in Zetecs and the BRSCC's view was tough!

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 24 Nov 2005, 13:05 (Ref:1469270)   #5
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's like I always said.

I didn't plan on my engine blowing..........I did turn up to race.

Tom Dooley has been very good in the past at Oulton though for carrying race fees over.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1469296)   #6
ff90
Racer

ff90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Combe's survival doesn’t only deepened on racing, they only have 9-10 car race meeting per year and next years are already full and a provisional calendar established. The survival of the club depends much more on track/corporate days and for that they are doing well.

Any incentive to race should be a good step forward but yes having another club fee will increase costs for a few that travel but on the plus side forwarding an entry is a bigger advantage
Old 24 Nov 2005, 15:59 (Ref:1469386)   #7
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The question is also wether anyone wants to race somewhere else where there is no incentive,cheaper race entry,and discounts on spares is a excellent idea to be honest any form of discount to make things cheaper for mr racer has got be a plus in my book

So i'll be seeing you race at combe next year then Matt??
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1469439)   #8
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer
The question is also wether anyone wants to race somewhere else where there is no incentive,cheaper race entry,and discounts on spares is a excellent idea to be honest any form of discount to make things cheaper for mr racer has got be a plus in my book

So i'll be seeing you race at combe next year then Matt??
You could always race somewhere that the comentators have an interest in whats going on on track rather than the local car boot ????
Old 24 Nov 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1469446)   #9
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
yes and spend less time tipping the car into the corner as one of them says....won't mention any names but he does like his bike racing!!!!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1469470)   #10
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminsh
You could always race somewhere that the comentators have an interest in whats going on on track rather than the local car boot ????
No mention of "if you do NW FF1600, see me and I'll do you a good deal" You're slipping Jason.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1469505)   #11
Me and My Swift
Rookie

Ireland
Meath
Me and My Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diz speaking of good deal's Keith want's to do the 4th Dec race, maybe he has contacted you already ?? But our boat only gets in at 1 o'c on Sat, we won't get to the circuit until prob 2 o'c, can you sort something for testing for Keith and Peter, maybe one or two session's.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1469508)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keith is already on the entry list I have seen...
Old 24 Nov 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1469524)   #13
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and My Swift
Diz speaking of good deal's Keith want's to do the 4th Dec race, maybe he has contacted you already ?? But our boat only gets in at 1 o'c on Sat, we won't get to the circuit until prob 2 o'c, can you sort something for testing for Keith and Peter, maybe one or two session's.
Will do Cliff.. Offer only open for cross Irish Sea entries - before the other 116 entries try to shaft me
Old 24 Nov 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1469531)   #14
DALY
Racer

DALY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very interesting comments from CCRC press release and drivers.

The money back idea for full grids was aired by a certain Star Of Midlands Sponsor in 2002. It was seen in Motorsport News by a certain Chairman of a race track and immediately deemed as not possible because his position on the BRSCC board carried enough influence to stop it. It could have affected the number of competitors in the SoM, but more importantly to him, it could have affected the number of competitors in his circuit based championship. Then to see the reason for the new club being formed was then even more sad, as three of the then BRSCC Directors all have roles at the circuit concerned and were in positions of influence on the board.
In a similar plan, the CCRC comment that the registration fees will be lower made me smile. Perhaps FF1600 people weren't aware who had the bulk of the registration fees?

There is plenty of space for new clubs. I think what the single venue or limited venue club will offer is a base for regulars to race. However, if you are a "travelling" racer, then the likes of the BRSCC is a club that will cater for multi venue single and championship races.
With reference to the cost of entry fees, the BRSCC is working hard to cap these and potentially reduce them (note FFFestival, net fee after start money £203) Unfortunately the race track hire at some circuits may prove prohibitive for certain championships soon. This will mean that the only way to race at some tracks may be by paying their membership price and then their own race entry prices.
What the BRSCC have is the economies of scale. What they don't have is the incentive to publicise and promote the race event.
The BRSCC board now has two FF1600 racers (one racer one crasher) If you have certain points to put forward, they will be addressed.

Hope this makes sense/does not offend.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 20:24 (Ref:1469584)   #15
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DALY - VERY interesting to hear this, as I've said some interesting sides to both arguments, it looks like me personally for my plans will both benifit and be punished.

the main falling I see from this is the fact that the single championship registration is gone and the encouragment behind drivers doing different venues (which I think made a difference this year) to get fuller grids around the country seem to look like its going to suffer.

How will this effect the festival ? you have to be a brscc driver to race at the festival, combe has pretty much punished anyone wanting to do the festival to the £145 BRSCC fee for one race (in theory).

With regard to Diz

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminsh
No mention of "if you do NW FF1600, see me and I'll do you a good deal" You're slipping Jason.
as discussed Jase.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1469630)   #16
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALY
Perhaps FF1600 people weren't aware who had the bulk of the registration fees?
Bulk? I thought it was all of them.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1469893)   #17
Steve Burns
Racer

United Kingdom
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Steve Burns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£21.27 per registration (50% after taking off the VAT) would be more accurate, but responsible for own expenses.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1469898)   #18
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aha, how much can it cost not to come to Mallory then?
Old 25 Nov 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1470127)   #19
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
So those who come from europe to race at the festival do they have to pay the £145 before they can take part in the race meeting?

I think combe should make the carnival and open race meeting for ffords to allow anyone interested in racing only have to pay an entry fee,also make the last round of the championship the cut off point for membership at least this way no-one has to be a menber to race and everybody pays the same
Old 25 Nov 2005, 15:07 (Ref:1470136)   #20
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
Will do Cliff.. Offer only open for cross Irish Sea entries - before the other 116 entries try to shaft me
Doesn't seem very fair I might start a thread about Irish favoritism or better still start my own club (will be able to win then) and then I will be able to run a crank made of chocolate with an entry fee of a £1.

I think I have made my point

Old 25 Nov 2005, 15:59 (Ref:1470168)   #21
JohnMiller
Veteran

Quote:
So those who come from europe to race at the festival do they have to pay the £145 before they can take part in the race meeting?
No - the BRSCC does not charge them IIRC.

Some of the Combe rules do look good for competitors though and I applaud them.

The King of Kents bit does confuse me though as I can't imagine Castle Combe Championships would be allowed to be in it. I would certainly hope not.
If you want to run your own club how can you be part of another club's Championship?
Old 25 Nov 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1470179)   #22
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Northern Ireland FF1600 was part of King of Kents this year, and that isn't a BRSCC championship.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 16:40 (Ref:1470199)   #23
JohnMiller
Veteran

I thought the 500MRCI (?) and the BRSCC have some official affiliation?
Old 25 Nov 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1470202)   #24
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Not as far as I know, but I may be wrong. I don't see why, in 2006, you would include NI and not CC in KofK (if the series exists next term).
Old 25 Nov 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1470244)   #25
Steve Burns
Racer

United Kingdom
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Steve Burns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year the BRSCC and 500MRCI had a reciprocal arrangement whereby any driver registered with the BRSCC could race in the NI Championship without needing seperate registration and vice-versa.

I would like to see a similar arrangement between the BRSCC and the Castle Combe Racing Club, hence the offer for other regional drivers to race at Castle Combe without incurring additional membership fees. I have asked Bob Armstrong at the BRSCC to consider reciprocating this.

Quote:
I think combe should make the carnival and open race meeting for ffords to allow anyone interested in racing only have to pay an entry fee,also make the last round of the championship the cut off point for membership at least this way no-one has to be a menber to race and everybody pays the same
The 2006 Carnival will be open to non-Castle Combe Racing Club members so all FF1600's are welcome.