Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 May 2001, 22:57 (Ref:87757)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zonta Fastest at Silverstone - Beats Three BARs

Today at Silverstone Rico was fastest of all those on track, including three BAR Hondas. (Olivier Panis was second). Amazing what a good car and a little Road Rage can do for a guy's lap times, eh?
Old 2 May 2001, 04:54 (Ref:87859)   #2
Handle
Rookie

Handle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank goodness Villeneuve wasn't there, or we might be getting another earful about his demise as a top-notch F1 driver.
Old 2 May 2001, 11:18 (Ref:87919)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, just exultation as Rico would have beaten him too!

Note to Jacques: I am already tired of that Honda commercial. Please make another one soon.
Old 2 May 2001, 11:49 (Ref:87934)   #4
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always was sure that Jordan is stronger one of two Honda teams. Just better management.

If Trulli still going to take the Reanoult seat in 2002?
Old 2 May 2001, 12:12 (Ref:87944)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So can we expect JV going to Jordan next year ?

And what about Zonta ? He would stay there with him ?

Hard to say...
Old 2 May 2001, 12:14 (Ref:87946)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good job. the boy's gagging to race again, and he deserves to get a seat at jordan. i'd rather see that nice mr trulli there than mr frentzen, so let's hope heinz harald has a good season and gets a nice drive as mclaren test driver.

one nil, to the football team....
Old 2 May 2001, 12:18 (Ref:87949)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Forza Rico

Forza Rico. Maybe he will replace Rubens at Ferrari?
Old 2 May 2001, 12:22 (Ref:87952)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let's not fire the boy being TGF's scort !!!!
Old 2 May 2001, 12:57 (Ref:87968)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
perhaps he should replace schuey..?
Old 2 May 2001, 16:53 (Ref:88017)   #10
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HAhahahahahahaha

hahaha

you guys are a laugh a second...

Rico replace... Frentzen? Hahahaha

Rubens??? hahahahahahah

and best of all TGF??????

I.. ahahahah er... hahaha eh....

what can i say?
Old 2 May 2001, 18:28 (Ref:88047)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
carry on smoking those funny ciggies?
smile. remember anyone can do anything with a ferrari
Old 2 May 2001, 18:54 (Ref:88056)   #12
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli will be at Renault next year. I don't think he's got any say in the matter. Hence one free Jordan seat. It's between Zonta and Barichello I think - another man looking for a drive at the end of this year.
Old 3 May 2001, 01:51 (Ref:88179)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Michael C,
Truli has stated on several coccaisions that Benetton DOES NOT own his contract. Briatore is his manager, but Jarno is free to make his own choices, and he has stated his strong desire to remain at Jordan and complete lack of desire to go to Benetton/Renault.

Frentzen's days may be numbered in F1, it was an exciting ride, but unless he starts dragging that Jordan up through the results table, he's out. I think he'd be a great fit at McLaren and owing to his early associations w/ Mercedes, might have a shot if Hakkinen moves out of the way. But in the end, I expect the seat to go to Heidfeld.

Would McLaren support two German Drivers both from Monchengladbach?
Old 3 May 2001, 02:19 (Ref:88191)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Rico has been promised a race seat at Jordan, so somebody's going bye bye as soon as the contracts can be shuffled. Don't know who. Suspect it may be Frenzy though, and I predict a nice berth at Sauber for him as the Other Flying Finn may be headed for McLaren.
Old 3 May 2001, 02:27 (Ref:88195)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

And today Ricardo Zonta, while slowing forced Kimi Raikkonen off of the track...

Maybe he should get used to the role of being a test driver.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 3 May 2001, 08:11 (Ref:88247)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yeah, well, he apologised nicely for being in the way and not being sure where kimi would go.

aww, but testing's boring....
Old 3 May 2001, 08:17 (Ref:88251)   #17
Guido II
Rookie

Guido II should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wait for Mr.Villeneuve
Old 3 May 2001, 09:03 (Ref:88259)   #18
padmah
Rookie

padmah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zonta may very well get a jordan seat next year but i disagree that Frentzen should be the one that is replaced. After all he is a race winner with a wealth of experience. Trulli on the other hand may put in the odd quicker lap than frentzen but his race performances seem to be very average with him just plodding along behind the top four (or six) depending on your views on williams.
Apart from last weeks mistake(and maybe monaco) frentzen is a rock solid racer who makes few mistakes and brings the car home in a good position in the race.

It would be better for jordan as a team to have frentzen as the banker and try zonta out as the "young charger"
Old 3 May 2001, 14:21 (Ref:88346)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
*pssst wasn't that someone being serious? blimey...*

welcome. may your career here be longer than that of some of our other members.

watch out for liz, btw. say one slightly negative thing about her rico, and she'll shoot you won't you liz, sweetie?
Old 3 May 2001, 16:20 (Ref:88371)   #20
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Im still thinking that Ricos best employment opportunity will be at Jordan... working the motorhome espresso machine!! He may be somewhat underqualified, but will give the place a latin flair!

In all seriousness, Rico should go back to sportscars... He isn't an "experience filled veteran" but he also isn't "young charger" especially compared to Alonso, Kimi, Nick etc. Looks like ol' Rico will get himself a seat at Prost (if he is lucky) or Minardi... Of course he would probably make more running the Jordan espresso machine!!
Old 3 May 2001, 17:40 (Ref:88409)   #21
Liz
Veteran

You guys are so mean.

Rico will show you some good driving when he gets back out in an F1 car. [No, Bella I won't shoot them. Maybe let them drive my Lamborghini - the one at the bottom of Pete's swimming pool - though!]

I'm betting the Espresso Machine concession is more in Trulli's line. Of course he is a bit slow and that could cause long lines behind him ....
Old 3 May 2001, 17:59 (Ref:88420)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
oo, touche

nah. beats me. whatever happens will happen, and it'll be completely out of his control. as usual... *dodges cyber-thwack from liz* didn't mean it...honest
Old 3 May 2001, 23:31 (Ref:88536)   #23
Liz
Veteran

He can hire me to be moral support. Or immoral support, which would be my preference.

May I remind you doubters that you're the same lot who said Gil de Ferran was washed up ... that's the Champ Car Driving Champion, as you'll note ... and I was the only one who believed in him?

Rico will be back. I believe in him.

Okay, so I believed Nixon too. That was a long time ago.
Old 4 May 2001, 07:52 (Ref:88700)   #24
Farc
Rookie

Farc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HEY LIZ YOU ARE A WOMAN

Today's times:

Pos Driver Team-Engine Tyres Time
1. Panis BAR-Honda (B) 1:23.784
2. Trulli Jordan-Honda (B) 1:23.929
3. Lemarie BAR-Honda (B) 1:24.370
4. Heidfeld Sauber-Petronas (B) 1:24.676
5. Zonta Jordan-Honda (B) 1:24.939
6. Bernoldi Arrows-Asiatech (B) 1:25.218
7. Verstappen Arrows-Asiatech (B) 1:25.349
Old 4 May 2001, 10:50 (Ref:88789)   #25
Faster
Racer

Faster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stop calling him Rico, please!!!!! Rico, in portuguese, means "rich", and though he's really rich (his father owns a supermarket chain, just like Diniz), this is not a complimment because all real rich people in Brazil are stupid, as there are so many starving.

Regarding the driver, Zonta is fast, no doubt about it, but I feel he just haven't a mind strong enough to bare all the bad things that happens in F-1 padoccks and boxes. He's just a spoiled kid, better be driving in some lighter enviroment like, as someone said, sportscars or, even better, Indy cars.