in my house
perminder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bring Dario Franchitti to the formula one

why isnt dario franchitti in formula one
Old 29 Apr 2003, 13:31 (Ref:583771)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know. Why ?
Old 29 Apr 2003, 13:32 (Ref:583773)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
If it should be anyone, it should be Paul Tracy.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 13:44 (Ref:583787)   #4
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Franchitti hasn't even won the CART title before, what kind of prospects do you think he has in F1??? Same goes for Tracy, although I suspect by the end of the year (or middle, as it looks) he will be able to say he won the championship...

I like Franchitti and all, but don't think he would set the F1 world on fire by any stretch of the imagination...
Old 29 Apr 2003, 13:59 (Ref:583811)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dario hasn't done anything to suggest that he belongs in F1. His pre-CART record wasn't impressive, he didn't win the title in CART, and didn't do well when he tested the Jaguar some years back. CART/IRL is probably his level. If anyone in the current Indy scene deserves a go in F1, it's Bourdais, or possibly one of the other rookies such as Haberfeld, Manning or Hunter-Reay, once they get a bit more experience.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 14:24 (Ref:583828)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dario was given a test for Jaguar and was really...slow. Although, in his defence the car was an earlier version or something and he wasn't given a fair shot. Bow for some bad decisions, he's been condemned to a few years of turning left.

Paul Tracy had a test drive with Benneton back in 1994 and was reportedly offered a drive for the season but turned it down to run in Cart.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Apr 2003, 15:16 (Ref:583891)   #7
perminder
Racer

United Kingdom
in my house
perminder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is dario franchitti maried to some hollywood superstar

is franchitti hooked up with ashley judd is she an unknown actress stateside?
Old 29 Apr 2003, 15:22 (Ref:583901)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dario said that some people in Jaguar "just didn't want the test to happen" in an inteview I read not long ago. It's a shame, I do think he could do well but as mentioned I don't think he wold set the world alight. I think he could win a race or two though
Old 29 Apr 2003, 16:13 (Ref:583960)   #9
Evilsenna
Racer

Evilsenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dario forgot how to turn right...
Old 29 Apr 2003, 16:27 (Ref:583982)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd rather have Dick err.. Paul Tracy in F1.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 16:32 (Ref:583993)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul Tracy tested for Benneton on 1994...was offered a contract as well. But he wanted to stay in CART, so he passed on that.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 16:33 (Ref:583995)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about Dick then?
Old 29 Apr 2003, 17:18 (Ref:584038)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Ashley Judd, unknown? Is that a joke?

Well being a BA in Film Photography I should know about films. 'A Judd' has been in "Heat" with De Niro and Pacino.

I have 2 loves in my life, Film and Racing, I love both equally.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 17:42 (Ref:584072)   #14
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ashley Judd is married to Dario Franchitti.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 18:06 (Ref:584092)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lucky guy.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 18:44 (Ref:584136)   #16
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Franchitti's just good _enough_.

It's probably a good thing Tracy didn't take that ride at Benneton... Schumacher's managed to destroy the career of every teammate he's had!

Y'know, I'm actually one of the biggest believers in the talents of America's oval racers... But not the IRL guys. _Maybe_ Sam Hornish, but the IRL has more to do with finessing and sometimes muscling your way past the opposition than really setting a blazing pace. Plus CART drivers have won every Indy 500 they've entered since the split (Castroneves, Montoya, and Tracy won last year).

If you want to find _really_ hot talent in the states, check out USAC/WoO midgets and sprints, and some of the NASCAR touring series. Those are a few places where sponsorship can be found, and where driving merit is at least as important as funding and family connections.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 29 Apr 2003 at 18:50.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:00 (Ref:584211)   #17
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
If it should be anyone, it should be Paul Tracy.
I totally agrre with you Inigo, Paul will help F1 get more exciting. Go Paul!
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:51 (Ref:584315)   #18
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
"Paul will help F1 get more exciting"

Just what everyone said about JPM a few years ago.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:54 (Ref:584318)   #19
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by shiny side up!
Franchitti hasn't even won the CART title before, what kind of prospects do you think he has in F1??? Same goes for Tracy, although I suspect by the end of the year (or middle, as it looks) he will be able to say he won the championship...

I like Franchitti and all, but don't think he would set the F1 world on fire by any stretch of the imagination...
How many F3000 titles has Kimi won ?, and Kimi set F1 world on fire already, that's for sure.

PS: Dario lost the CART Championship on a tie breaker against Montoya back in 1999 !. He (Dario) is a great racer !
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:02 (Ref:584323)   #20
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
"Paul will help F1 get more exciting"

Just what everyone said about JPM a few years ago.
Yeahhhh, and he is doing a great job !

Last edited by Speed; 29 Apr 2003 at 21:04.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:46 (Ref:584360)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure what you meant Armco. I have to agree with Speed, though I was initially skeptical, Juan HAS made F1 more exciting. Remember that run of poles he had last year, and he's tangled with Kimi and Schummi a few times too.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 00:14 (Ref:584424)   #22
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PT would give the paddock more character but I'd have to go with Bourdais. In a better car (one that can actually start races!) and a years worth of experience he'll make everyone in CART look normal including Tracy.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 00:37 (Ref:584441)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dario has forgotten how to turn right!

He spends his time going in left-hand circle nowadays. He's not F1 material.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 01:05 (Ref:584452)   #24
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Dario would be any more impressive then Da Matta. Especially since he'd probably be driving a mid field car anyway.
Now that PT's lost all that weight, he'd fit comfortably in an F1 car now. He's the type who'd likely do better without driver aids anyway.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 01:12 (Ref:584456)   #25
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
it should be Paul Tracy.
Oh boy! we could put him on a team with Villnevue..possibly sponsored by vidal sasoon?