Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:40 (Ref:627294)   #1
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton 2009

So then true to word....

" shock news, Renault sport introduce an age limit to the series. With only over 25's being able to enter.
This gives Lewis Hamilton another chance to claim the crown after he jibbed out and went running after Lloyd and co kicked butt and went on to better things"
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:41 (Ref:627297)   #2
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha
Old 10 Jun 2003, 16:42 (Ref:627301)   #3
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to take this further where do you guys and gals think this years crop will end up.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 17:45 (Ref:627349)   #4
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton in F1. They have spent years grooming him for it, he'll end up there for sure. As to the others, only money can help them go further, so it's hard to say.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 17:57 (Ref:627362)   #5
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im a bit disappointed in the approach of Hamilton Management & Co. Isnt the point of racing to go racing? Sure we all want to be F1 drivers but ive never been comfortable with this idea of "lets create an F1 driver, then backtrack and figure out the steps we need to take"
Old 10 Jun 2003, 23:57 (Ref:627704)   #6
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
If I had invested the sort of money that we are talking about so far, I would only be interested in making sure that driver got the unfair advantage and used it to best effect. I wouldn't be bothered if he was as good as the next guy or not - I'd just want him to beat the next guy, and I think that's the plan. And if you have the arsenal, you'll get there. Yes it's cynical, and sad, but you don't need me to say Welcome to the Real World.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 11 Jun 2003, 00:01 (Ref:627708)   #7
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a loss for racing though. The entire professional side of racing is so skewed out of reality its almost unrecogniseable. If the spectators knew maybe 1% of 1% of what was going on in what gets teams and drivers to various levels, the viewership would dump.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 07:28 (Ref:627866)   #8
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
True, I agree, and the viewers always see racing as driver versus driver, or that's what they want to see ... whereas it is man and machine v. man and machine. If the F1 viewer wasn't told how good Fisichella was, they'd just look at him in the midfield and think him a midfield driver. I guess the cogniscenti know better, but they also know the ins and outs of the less-savoury goings on, about which naiive people like me are mercifully oblivious. Which is presumably why I post on here, and the professionals don't.