Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 11 Mar 2001, 20:11 (Ref:70172)   #1
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A faster dude that's what! Hey, da Matta shows Fitti da way!Just off; pole and quickest in warm-up.
Old 12 Mar 2001, 01:19 (Ref:70306)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do I smell retirement in Big C's very near future? Did he look like Tarso Marques today? What on earth ailed the boy?

Can't blame it on Mikey now, can we?
Old 12 Mar 2001, 01:47 (Ref:70310)   #3
Ken
Rookie

Ken should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, like I have said one race does not a season make. I feel CP has brain damage as he has a Alzheimer look about him.I hope he has HANS
Old 12 Mar 2001, 02:10 (Ref:70315)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He does wear the HANS, one of the very few who do. It saved his life the last time he had a crash.
Old 12 Mar 2001, 02:15 (Ref:70318)   #5
Ken
Rookie

Ken should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can only hope he does well and doesn't get hurt as I fell that way about all drivers , well most HA HA HA As a Driver you know how I fell , Liz
Old 12 Mar 2001, 09:23 (Ref:70369)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

silence! all who pass judgement will be beaten to within an inch of their lives! with a really big stick by my angry mob of unruly doormen!

lads! to the batmobile!

(note - i was unpleased by christians apparently lack of knowledge on speed. he was all over the place in qualifying, and followed that through to the race. and he never did recover from that dodgy pitstop right at the start. little c was the last person i wanted to win (did you get christians look when he was told little c was winning?), but the third personality that i actually wanted to win)
Old 12 Mar 2001, 22:33 (Ref:70621)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
did you get christians look when he was told little c was winning?
Sure did, and I'm not going to quote what I'm certain he must have been thinking! Great race by da Matta, really impressive by someone who's not used to being in front, acting as if he hadn't done anything but lead races all his life!

The HANS will be mandated on all ovals this season BTW.
Old 13 Mar 2001, 00:00 (Ref:70663)   #8
Liz
Veteran

That comment to Big C by (I forget his name) has to just about trump anything I have ever heard in the way of "Things Best Left Unsaid." I mean, it even rivals some of Bobby Unser's world class stupid comments.

I think the poor poot is lucky Big C didn't slug him.
Old 13 Mar 2001, 11:45 (Ref:70756)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

whenever my mum gets all cross with my brother (or, alternatively, watches a match or race where someone did something daft), the phrase used on a regular basis is 'you silly little boy' coupled with a really evil look.

when this combination of look and words is used, no violence is required. and it most certainly worked this time...
Old 15 Mar 2001, 08:09 (Ref:71320)   #10
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Big C wasn't whining in that "I-Can't-Understand-What-the-Hell-Happened" way of his I would have been very surprised. But . . . .

Was it just me or did all the retirees come off as
peckish -- even the normally affable Moreno and Zanardi?

Maybe we've been spoiled.
Old 15 Mar 2001, 23:38 (Ref:71523)   #11
Grider
Rookie

Grider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuvolari
If Big C wasn't whining in that "I-Can't-Understand-What-the-Hell-Happened" way of his I would have been very surprised. But . . . .

Was it just me or did all the retirees come off as
peckish -- even the normally affable Moreno and Zanardi?

Maybe we've been spoiled.
I'm not sure about Moreno, but Zanardi admited he screwed up. I hope Alex gets comfortable soon. I think he still has a bit of baggage from his trip to the circus.

He'll be fine in a few months.
Grider
Old 15 Mar 2001, 23:42 (Ref:71524)   #12
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dario will bounch back just u wait and see
Old 15 Mar 2001, 23:43 (Ref:71525)   #13
Liz
Veteran

I thought Moreno sounded a bit short, but figured it was because the problem was with the track and he had been told not to mention it on the air (we all knew the track was **** and so did the Mexicans, no doubt, no need to rub it in.) If they're still having these problems in Long Beach, then it will be time to start worrying.