Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 2007, 18:54 (Ref:1860821)   #1
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fans Comp - season topic

I get this running again. Added to 17 race threads I decided to have one seasonal topic. So these questions refer to season. Some of these questions will be decided before the end of the year (even in first race), but some in the end.

1. How many drivers will get a pole position during the season?
2. How many drivers qualify in top 16 in every race? (so never knocked out in the first part)
3. Who will win qualifying battle in BMW Sauber team?
4. What will be worst grid position of driver who wins that race?
5. Who will be on the podium first, Hamilton or Kovalainen (in case of both achieving first podium in the same race, it's the one who finishes higher in that race)
6. What will be first race affected with rain? (using of wet-weather tyres declares this)
7. How many races will be affected by safety car?
8. Who will lead most laps during the season?
9. Who will be best German in WDC?
10. How many points Super Aguri will achieve?

Here are the answers to questions regarding what happened in 2006:
1. Six (M Schumacher, Fisichella, Button, Alonso, Räikkönen, Massa)
2. Four (Alonso, Fisichella, Heidfeld, M Schumacher (Monaco included))
3. Heidfeld
4. 14th (Button in Hungary)
5. Neither of them drove in F1
6. Hungary
7. Ten (Melbourne, Imola, Nürburgring, Monaco, Silverstone, Montreal, Indy, Hungaroring, Istanbul, Interlagos)
8. Alonso
9. M Schumacher
10. 0

Questions for Melbourne will be in this weekend.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 08:04 (Ref:1861197)   #2
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1. Seven
2. Three
3. Nick Heidfeld
4. Sixteenth
5. Lewis Hamilton
6. Malaysia
7. Nine
8. Felipe Massa
9. Nick Heidfeld
10. Two
Old 8 Mar 2007, 10:22 (Ref:1861300)   #3
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1. How many drivers will get a pole position during the season? 7
2. How many drivers qualify in top 16 in every race? (so never knocked out in the first part) 3
3. Who will win qualifying battle in BMW Sauber team? Nick
4. What will be worst grid position of driver who wins that race? 13
5. Who will be on the podium first, Hamilton or Kovalainen (in case of both achieving first podium in the same race, it's the one who finishes higher in that race) Hamilton
6. What will be first race affected with rain? (using of wet-weather tyres declares this) Silverstone
7. How many races will be affected by safety car? 12
8. Who will lead most laps during the season? Kimi
9. Who will be best German in WDC? Nick
10. How many points Super Aguri will achieve? 0
Old 8 Mar 2007, 19:18 (Ref:1861672)   #4
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. How many drivers will get a pole position during the season? 8
2. How many drivers qualify in top 16 in every race? 3
3. Who will win qualifying battle in BMW Sauber team? Kubica
4. What will be worst grid position of driver who wins that race? 8
5. Who will be on the podium first, Hamilton or Kovalainen (in case of both achieving first podium in the same race, it's the one who finishes higher in that race) Hamilton
6. What will be first race affected with rain? Canada
7. How many races will be affected by safety car? 5
8. Who will lead most laps during the season? Felipe Massa
9. Who will be best German in WDC? Nick Heidfeld
10. How many points Super Aguri will achieve? 3
Old 8 Mar 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1861830)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please read this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
For the 2007 season it has been decided that the predictions competitions for F1 may well undergo a bit of a change.

It seems that the competitions are a little tired now and a particular problem, IMO, is that we have two seperate competitions which are basically not all that different from each other or exciting. And it is too much effort to enter both, quite frankly. That is my impression anyways, I could be wrong. I enter both myself, but find myself drifting off to sleep halfway through typing my entries.

For sure I think it would be best to scrap the fans competition and get down to one, very different, contest... The fans comp has had it's day sadly and can no longer provide the variety it once had, which was always going to happen eventually.

Also, running one competition carries other benefits. I will take responsibility to do the scoring for it and also a good prize could be provided for it say, for example, a 1/43 scale car of that seasons F1 world champion or something else nice.

But we need ideas for this competition. I am going to give it some heavy consideration over the coming months and hope to get it finalised for February. But I would really like some ideas from you folks....should we go for something all new and that hasn't been done before? Take inspiration from other comps that run on this site?

Feel free to PM or post your thoughts here (complex or simple) and let's see what we can do!

*If there are no thoughts or ideas posted I will just have to do something myself.
This is part of this thread : F1 predictions competitions - time for a change next season?

We have decided together with all forum members in that thread about the changes, I'm sorry if you missed that one.

Last edited by Bononi; 8 Mar 2007 at 21:51.