Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2005 constructor's championship?
Renault (117) 4 9.09%
McLaren (105) 37 84.09%
Ferrari (86) 0 0%
Toyota (68) 1 2.27%
Williams (52) 0 0%
Red Bull Racing (24) 0 0%
BAR (20) 0 0%
Sauber (14) 0 0%
Jordan (11) 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1374455)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who will win the Constructors Championship?

After Hungary:

Renault- 117 points

McLaren- 105 points

And whose championship do you consider it "to lose"? Renault have led all season so it is said that they have it to lose. They're no longer dictating the pace, so Alonso may not pick up many more wins this season. In addition, Fisichella hasn't been grabbing many high points positions (not all his fault perhaps). It could quite easily slip away from them.

McLaren on the other hand could be said to "have it to lose" simply due to their phenomenal pace. They still don't appear on top of their reliability problems and rather shockingly have yet to claim a 1-2 this season.

For what it's worth I think they are very capable of taking this one, and I see it more as theirs to lose at this stage in time due to their two highly-skilled drivers and on the basis that they've shown signs of having the overall fastest car during most of the season so far and that this looks like continuing.

McLaren are going to need consistent double podium finishes in order to win though I'd say, because Renault are still quite capable of regularly taking home a large helping of points from the races.

Your views?
Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1374458)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I still think, as I did prior to Hungary, that Mclaren stand the highest chance of winning the WCC.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:32 (Ref:1374466)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If they did from 22 points behind, they certainly do from 12 points behind. 2 points per race should be an easy margin to overturn considering their pace advantage. Even if only 1 McLaren finishes per race, and it wins them all, Renault still need solid results to fend them off.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1374467)   #4
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren should get it. They have a stronger driver lineup. Just depends on the car reliabilty.

Alex
Old 7 Aug 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1374515)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
As forza says, depends on reliability.

I don't see Renault winning it, more like McLaren, and especially Mercades throwing it away!
Old 7 Aug 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1374521)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Poll added. Bracketed numbers are the current WCC points. Poll closes the day of the next race.
Old 7 Aug 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1374561)   #7
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And why can't I vote for minardi?

I would say McLarens, they should really dominate the rest of the season if the car works.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 00:23 (Ref:1374575)   #8
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wanted to vote for minardi, after all with that young driver Nissany i can only see them moving seriously forwards
Old 8 Aug 2005, 01:17 (Ref:1374589)   #9
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its practically in the bag for McLaren, WDC included. Many have said the majority of the races left should play in McLarens favour, and that history dictates Renault drop off in pace towards the end of the season. In any case, to secure it they need to get both drivers on the podium more often, or get more between Raikkonen and Alonso
Old 8 Aug 2005, 01:22 (Ref:1374591)   #10
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went with McLaren. Montoya will easily out perform Fisichella on points and providing Kimi's car actually holds together for a few races McLaren should take the championship.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 02:22 (Ref:1374606)   #11
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Intriguing Toyota vote in the poll there........
Old 8 Aug 2005, 04:05 (Ref:1374633)   #12
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Why didn't you list Minardi on the poll?

You listed every other team. There is only 2 teams in for a chance to win the 2005 constructor's championship. The 2 teams are Renault and McLaren.

I think Mclaren will win.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1374709)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Minardi aren't listed because they are 110 points behind Renault with only a possible 108 points available.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 08:12 (Ref:1374711)   #14
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going to be different, judging by the results so far, and go for Renault. McLaren are faster, there's no doubt about that, but their reliability is still suspect. Renault aren't going to have many more (if any more) races like Hungary, so their only issue is Fisichella, who seems to be the weak link in a very strong team.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Aug 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1374715)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I go with Macaroon.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1374725)   #16
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
who was the clown who voted for Jordan?
Old 8 Aug 2005, 08:42 (Ref:1374730)   #17
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone by the name of Raven obviously
Old 8 Aug 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1374747)   #18
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i pretty sure Mac will get the WCC .. i have doubts about the WDC

Ciao Marco
Old 8 Aug 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1374780)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooh, a healthy load of votes for McLaren here versus Renault. 17-2!

Even though I think McLaren will most likely get it, that's tempting me to plump for Renault now. They're still ahead and McLaren still aren't getting both cars in the points.

That said with a decent amount of races left, I would think they'll start to do that and have enough time to overcome the deficit, as Renault appear to be drifting off the pace somewhat. But I can't even be sure Renault won't strike back.

Err, I think I'll hold off on this vote a bit longer
Old 8 Aug 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1374794)   #20
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe that Alonso will take the WDC, Mclaren the constructors.

Mclaren have a far quicker car that suits different types of tracks... Renault showed they struggled in tighter circuits (ie Monaco/Hungary). All Mclaren needs is reliability for their cars to stay in front of the Renault, and the WCC is their's.

But often, one Mclaren on average will fail per race. Disappointing.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1374807)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One McLaren will fail per race?

That's not really backed up by the statistics.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1374808)   #22
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
It's backed up by recent form though!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Aug 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1374850)   #23
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mclaren - they are not that far behind also I am going with Kimi for the title.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1374884)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R

But often, one Mclaren on average will fail per race. Disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
One McLaren will fail per race?

That's not really backed up by the statistics.
Well, taking the last 4 race weekends into account....

France - Kimi - engine failure in practice, Juan Pablo - hydraulic failure in race

Silverstone - Kimi - engine failure in practice

Germany - Kimi - engine failure in race

Hungary - Juan Pablo - hydraulic failure in race.

Not quite one failure per race, but not far off, add that to the two engine failures in practice and thats five failures in four weekends between two drivers, as GT_R says, it's disappointing.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1374890)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Considering the last 6 races Mclaren have gained 11 points on Renault. There are six races left and they are 12 points behind!