Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2001, 17:26 (Ref:82394)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
'tis true. Mazzacane has been given the boot by Prost, and Burti has walked from Jaguar. De la Rosa has replaced the Brazilian in the crisis hit team.

Source: http://tentenths.com/news/f1/
Old 19 Apr 2001, 18:00 (Ref:82410)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All happens at the Spanish GP as well.

New car, new team, new team mates, traction control.

I can see it all ending in tears.....

SL
Old 19 Apr 2001, 19:52 (Ref:82440)   #3
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about PSN Sponsorship ?
Old 19 Apr 2001, 19:54 (Ref:82441)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Speed: I wondered the same thing. Let's face it, sponsors are hardly falling over themselves to get to Prost, are they? Obviously they didn't think that PSN's sponsorship was significant enough to keep Mazzacane on.

I can see de la Rosa outperforming Irvine by a long shot.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Apr 2001, 20:35 (Ref:82460)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GO LUCIANO! I'm glad he dumped the Jaguar team - for them to announce his replacement only 4 races in was completely unjustifiable.

Now we need Stoddart to fire Marques and get Mazzacane back. It's not much of an improvement, but it's Marques we're talking about here...
Old 19 Apr 2001, 20:37 (Ref:82462)   #6
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what will become of Mazzacane now?. You know I kind of feel sorry for him because he does seem like a really nice guy.
Old 19 Apr 2001, 20:41 (Ref:82466)   #7
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After a little thinking on this issue, I came with this conclusion: Burti is SouthAmerican too, so, maybe PSN doesn't have any problem with a driver from that part of the World.
Old 19 Apr 2001, 20:46 (Ref:82470)   #8
PEW
Rookie

PEW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just registered because I met a 10/10ths member at Silverstone today and we were both priviledged to see Luciano wearing a Prost race suit with green Jaguar boots at the end of the session, giving an interview to Autosport. The crazy thing is I saw him at lunchtime packing his gear into his silver Jag and driving it 50m down the Paddock. Obviously he is allowed to keep the car but NOT the parking space.
Old 19 Apr 2001, 20:49 (Ref:82473)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not really Speed.

As Burti is brazilian and as long I know PSN is not strong at all in Brazil.

Or, in the other hand they are trying to grow up here.
Old 19 Apr 2001, 21:09 (Ref:82480)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyway... Take a loot at

http://www.psn.com/br/events/f1/news...ticle_id=79010

Not a word about Mazzacanne...
Old 19 Apr 2001, 21:48 (Ref:82491)   #11
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Although sponosrship is always needed but PROST is part owned but DINZ remember so cash really is no porblem for PROST I aslo hread that PROST tested some young gun ?
Where were u guys lasyt night I posted a SILLY SEASON thread last night I only got three responses
Old 19 Apr 2001, 22:37 (Ref:82499)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't help it, I feel sorry for Gaston. Imagine working all your life to get to F1 and then at 20-something you find out that you can't drive a nail into a board (or at least prominent broadcasters are saying this over the air to billions of people, including your family and your girl friend). Must be a devastating blow.

Best of luck to Burti and may he find Jean Alesi easier to cope with than Irvine!
Old 19 Apr 2001, 22:38 (Ref:82500)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I can't help it, I feel sorry for Gaston. Imagine working all your life to get to F1 and then at 20-something you find out that you can't drive a nail into a board (or at least prominent broadcasters are saying this over the air to billions of people, including your family and your girl friend). Must be a devastating blow.

Best of luck to Burti and may he find Jean Alesi easier to cope with than Irvine!
Maybe Mazza can find a ride at CART? Surely there must be other classes of motor racing where he can find a competitive car to race.
Old 19 Apr 2001, 22:52 (Ref:82507)   #14
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PEW
I have just registered because I met a 10/10ths member at Silverstone today and we were both priviledged to see Luciano wearing a Prost race suit with green Jaguar boots at the end of the session, giving an interview to Autosport. The crazy thing is I saw him at lunchtime packing his gear into his silver Jag and driving it 50m down the Paddock. Obviously he is allowed to keep the car but NOT the parking space.
Hello (again) and welcome along to Ten-tenths. Hope you had a good journey home from Silverstone. Nice snowstorm we got at the end of the day - MFan, have you dried out yet??
It is quite amusing to look back on the car moving incident now that we know its final outcome.
I wish I'd had the wider angle lens on the camera and had actually got a picture of Burti with the Prost overalls and Jag boots on
Old 20 Apr 2001, 00:01 (Ref:82522)   #15
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce

Maybe Mazza can find a ride at CART? Surely there must be other classes of motor racing where he can find a competitive car to race.
That would be great. I'd love to see Gaston in Cart and doing well. A lot of drivers who failed miserably in F1 have been pretty sucessfull in Cart, so you never know.
Old 20 Apr 2001, 01:26 (Ref:82534)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The nearsighted Mr. Magoo, er, Mr. Andretti will be retiring soon and you never know ... or perhaps Mr. Ganassi would take a flyer on him.

And of course there is always sports cars. Mr. Andretti Sr. was 8 seconds off the pace at Le Mans and nobody seemed to mind except Messrs. Brabham and Magnussen ...
Old 20 Apr 2001, 01:36 (Ref:82538)   #17
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I can't believe with all of our brilliance & accurate crystal balls none of us picked this one. With the wisdom of hignsight (geez, I wish I could spell ) - it's logical and not that outragious.

Liz, I must admit, as one od Maza-cash's biggest critics, I do feel bad for him............OK, I'm over it now

Great for Burti, he said once that he was impressed with everything Eddie was teaching him - wait till he talks to Alesi.

And Pedro, dear Pedro, Here's your chance bud, stick it to Arrows & Irvine
Old 20 Apr 2001, 06:07 (Ref:82570)   #18
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now, that really is big news indeed! Driver changes mid season just don't happen anymore. Hopefully De La Rosa out preforms Mr. Irvine, resulting in the latter's retirement, to make way for James Courtney!
Old 20 Apr 2001, 06:14 (Ref:82573)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
Hopefully De La Rosa out preforms Mr. Irvine, resulting in the latter's retirement, to make way for James Courtney!
I fully concur with you. Go PDLR. BTW, how did James go last weekend?
Old 20 Apr 2001, 13:23 (Ref:82673)   #20
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my rambling thoughts on the matter......

1. PDLR should be a better bet than Burti. Burti said yesterday: "i want to be looking to the future now". By moving to PROST?? Erm... no.

2. I wonder how Jean feels about all this??

3. POOR OLD GASTON!! I am genuinley upset for the guy. OK, dump him at the end of the season, fine, but after 4 RACES!! The ultimate humiliation, poor bloke.

4. Irvine SHOULD be faster than PDLR. IMO he is still the better driver by quite a margin. As I continually say, EI is probably one of the most underrated drivers on the grid. The sheer amount of technical input he provides to a team is more than any other driver I know with the possible exception of Schumi. I actually respect the fact that he's got a bit of a nerve and speaks his mind. Come on, all the other F1 pilotes are a bit dull, aren't they!! I agree, he can be a bit of a plonker and a playboy, BUT WHY NOT?? Top bloke and a better driver than most give him credit for.

5. Been a bit of a funny season for PDLR!! I REALLY want to see him put one over Bernoldi just to go "NYER NYER!!!"