Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 20 Mar 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1555284)   #1
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
Pigit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DTM Practice

DTM Practice at Brands Hatch........

Old 20 Mar 2006, 23:47 (Ref:1555369)   #2
Peter_May
Rookie

England
Maidstone
Peter_May should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How cold did you get? I started to lose the feeling in the fingers a few times, certainly didn't feel like the first day of spring!

Nice photos, such a photogenic car imo that blue audi especially when it spits fire out the exhaust, which it doesn't seem to be doing as much this year compared to last Managed to catch Kaffer doing it a couple of times though

Old 21 Mar 2006, 00:40 (Ref:1555386)   #3
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thx for rubbing it in with those fabulous pictures.
I'm sooooooooooooo jealous of you guys!! couldn't make it down this week and will be in Indianapolis for F1 when they race in July

saw them at Donington years ago and that was so much fun.
still, DTM will probably be around longer than F1 in USA so there's always next year!

p.s. still don't mind seeing more pics though.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1555474)   #4
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
Hi Peter did see you there,are you there today also ...
Old 21 Mar 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1555516)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_May
How cold did you get? I started to lose the feeling in the fingers a few times, certainly didn't feel like the first day of spring!
I had trouble pressing the buttons on the camera - my fingers just wouldn't respond! Good day though, not sure about my pictures yet - I haven't had time to sift through them. Seems like everyone else got some good ones though
Old 21 Mar 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1555518)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good stuff guys, I only wish I could be there myself. Oh well guess I am going to have take a trip down to Brands in July to see them in flesh for myself.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 09:08 (Ref:1555539)   #7
Peter_May
Rookie

England
Maidstone
Peter_May should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigit
Hi Peter did see you there,are you there today also ...
Yes I'll be there today, leaving in a few minutes.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1555913)   #8
Simon_1983
Rookie

Simon_1983 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few I got with my point and click jobby

Old 21 Mar 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1555989)   #9
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am amazed how many people managed to use there Brands Hatch accreditation to get access to the circuit when it was DTM that was dishing it out. I was granted Brands accreditation but my DTM application didn't come through in time and thus was not allowed infront of the fence.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 23:08 (Ref:1556838)   #10
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzaf1
I am amazed how many people managed to use there Brands Hatch accreditation to get access to the circuit when it was DTM that was dishing it out. I was granted Brands accreditation but my DTM application didn't come through in time and thus was not allowed infront of the fence.
Where did you try to sign on?
Old 21 Mar 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1556848)   #11
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm guessing even the MSV media season pass holders would have had to apply, as for A1GP last year. You may have needed your own PLI too, as normally test days are not covered under event insurance. ÂŁ5M is the minimum required by MSV, and they would probably have wanted proof of this before allowing you to sign on. I'm hoping to get down for the morning on Thursday
Old 21 Mar 2006, 23:33 (Ref:1556851)   #12
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
I have sent you an e-mail.. do you want to check it?
Old 21 Mar 2006, 23:47 (Ref:1556858)   #13
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubble
You may have needed your own PLI too, as normally test days are not covered under event insurance. ÂŁ5M is the minimum required by MSV, and they would probably have wanted proof of this before allowing you to sign on. I'm hoping to get down for the morning on Thursday
With the amount of people without 'Professional equipment' that were there, I don't think that was the case.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1557656)   #14
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
James North should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went along and met with Pete and Jermery on the Tuesday... bloody cold. Indeed it pretty much started snowing at one point with some icey flakes coming down, and as Jermery pointed out, that was almost certianly my fault for taking now traditional Silverstone Feburary weather to Brands.

I didn't have accreditation for DTM, only knew I'd be going about 2 days before the day anyway, but looked pretty much like a pro with multi bodies hanging from my person and the flash new canon vest I bought. Pete couldn't feel his fingers after a while... well I couldn't stop my nose running after a while!

But probably my favourite picture of my lot from the day is..

click on the image to enlarge.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1557731)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great pics guys! What camera did you use?

I'm looking to do a little photography myself as I start to visit more race meetings.....
Old 22 Mar 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1557755)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by James North
I didn't have accreditation for DTM, only knew I'd be going about 2 days before the day anyway, but looked pretty much like a pro with multi bodies hanging from my person and the flash new canon vest I bought. Pete couldn't feel his fingers after a while... well I couldn't stop my nose running after a while!
Ah, so it was you. I was there Tuesday, saw someone in a shiney new Canon vest and wondered if it was someone from here. You need to roll it around in the dirt a bit so you don't stand out so much

BTW I thought you guys were kidding. I didn't expect it to be THAT cold.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1557835)   #17
Pigit
Racer

United Kingdom
Bromley Kent
I like these two because they give the sense of how fast these cars are...shot at 1/100.....

Old 23 Mar 2006, 01:29 (Ref:1557950)   #18
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice Pigit, those DTMs are beautiful to the eye. I particularly like the first image. You need to clean your CCD btw. (Top right of the second image)
Old 23 Mar 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1558206)   #19
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Ah, so it was you. I was there Tuesday, saw someone in a shiney new Canon vest and wondered if it was someone from here. You need to roll it around in the dirt a bit so you don't stand out so much

BTW I thought you guys were kidding. I didn't expect it to be THAT cold.
lol, I was considering trying to blag my way into the paddock with it, but thought better off it in the end. I have to say, I really struggled to get anything I was any where satisfied with from behind the fence at Paddock Hill. I think I need to work on getting some access to Brands.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1558250)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by James North
I have to say, I really struggled to get anything I was any where satisfied with from behind the fence at Paddock Hill.
Really? I got quite a few from the speccy area at Paddock that I was pleased with (love those sparks ). Maybe I just have lower standards
Old 23 Mar 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1558258)   #21
PaulCherry
Racer

PaulCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen some good ones from the speccy side at Druids on Tuesday

http://tsuphoto.com/motorsport2006/p...BrandsTesting/
Old 23 Mar 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1558531)   #22
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Druids was no problem, got several from there that I'm more than happy with.

Just at Paddock I never got anything to the stardard I know I'm capable off.

here is a couple of examples.

click on images to enlarge.

The only reason I decided to publish this one of Lauda, is becaues of the sparks, take those away and in my view it is a poor shot. And yet I didn't really fare much better than that at all at Paddock. Maybe I'm just out of practise on panning behind a fence.

Silimar here to this pic of Kristensen, just not focused nicely at all.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1558984)   #23
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My pictures:
http://www.forzaphoto.co.uk/2006/tou...dtm/index.html

Alex
Old 23 Mar 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1558991)   #24
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't do today but did all the other days and got some nice stuff. A friend of mine somehow got into the pits Monday and had a good look around...if you could have blagged your way into the middle nobody seemed to be checking people in the pitlane as I saw a few that obviously hadn't got signed on for the day taking pictures. That being said, the Germans didn't like having opened pit garages and did a lot of work behind closed doors . I know it was cold but a lot of their ongoings were not for prying eyes and that included the media! We had to wait outside most of the garages until we heard an engine fire-up and then run up to the correct area and wait for the cars to emerge-at least with BTCC it seems to be a little more friendly were the media are concerned. Anyway, a fine couple of days...if only it had been warmer though!!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1559036)   #25
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the only down side was not being allowed into the pit lane. Not even at lunchtime, which seemed a bit harsh. Especially as previous trips (to Donington and Silverstone) were very "open".