Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 30 Jan 2004, 22:10 (Ref:856938)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Walker Might Come to IRL???

In a story in the Indy Star's Sports section that was published on Thursday, Curt Cavin was in Homestead talking to various IRL teams and drivers about the reactions to the court decision...

Someone who was present at Homestead to "observe" the tests was Derrick Walker (who was on CART's Creditor Committee that reviewed the bids).....

Near the end of Mr. Cavin's article he wrote:

"One of the teams expected to remain on the OWRS side is Walker Racing. But team owner Derrick Walker said he is closer to moving back to the IRL in 2004"

Interesting piece of news, eh???

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 30 Jan 2004, 23:58 (Ref:857021)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, and I mentioned it in the "Teams & Drivers for 2004 (rumoured and confirmed)" yesterday

Still, he was included in the court document where several team owners had filed letters of intent to field two cars in the 2004 Champ Car series, so until we hear something official I'd say it's all up in the air (as usual when speculation is going wild).
Old 31 Jan 2004, 00:00 (Ref:857024)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how many cars are entered for irl in 04 - is there a maximan amount of cars that the irl only want per race (ie 22 - though indy has 33).....
Old 31 Jan 2004, 00:05 (Ref:857031)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not aware of any maximum limit, but right now we have 19 confirmed entries. Rodger Yasukawa will be at Motegi and Indy for Rahal. Panther Racing will enter at least a third car for Indy. I suspect Menards/John Mansville will want another car from them in thier colours too. Patrick, Walker, Newman/Hass, Schmidt are all possibilities. Some smaller teams might enter a second car.

I'm certain 33 cars will be achivable
Old 31 Jan 2004, 14:33 (Ref:857604)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Filling the Indy grid should be easier than last year, especially with used cars available for smaller teams to come in as a one-off. Perhaps Menard will run a few under his own name seperate from Panther as well.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 03:34 (Ref:862200)   #6
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems as though this story has picked up some steam again. Its being debated on the CART forum, because of an article on www.tsn.ca auto

Patrick sounds plenty upset about the current situation that CART has found itself in. He believes "CART has been badly mishandled, and he feels he has to move on. He's upset, but he says he knows that he must leave". This story was dated today.

This could be a big deal for TG and the league, if he can pick up the other founding father of CART!

He'll have to make up his mind soon, what are the chances?

Danica Patrick
Old 4 Feb 2004, 07:27 (Ref:862289)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
how many cars are entered for irl in 04 - is there a maximan amount of cars that the irl only want per race (ie 22 - though indy has 33).....
From what I know there is no maximum: for instance in 2002 the average number of cars on track was 26-27.
After all new cars bring in new money, a thing that our friend TG would hardly refuse, eh?