Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 23 Jun 2005, 04:39 (Ref:1337929)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
FIM Winners Game --> Assen

Sixth round of this game. Rules are:

----------------------------------------------

Object of the game:
You have to guess the winner. You can put one, two, three or four riders as winners.

Scoring:
If you put one rider and he wins, you get 4 points.
If you put two two riders and one of them wins, you get 3 points.
In case you put 3 names and one wins, you get 2.5 points.
If you choose to put four names, and one of them wins, you get 2 points.
If you fail to guess the winner, you get 0 points.

Time limit:
Guesses can be done until one hour before the first race (125, 250 or MotoGP, whatever it is). Usually it will be one hour before 125 race.

Remarks:
Every FIM GP three guesses can be entered: for 125cc, 250cc and MotoGP. Those are three differents games, so you can enter only one or two categories if you like.

Appart from the three classifications (125, 250 and MotoGP), I'll put a "global" classification adding all of them.

The key of the game is to predict the winner putting the least possible numbers of candidates. But if you put too few riders, you risk getting 0 points!

Example:

Let's suppose in Jerez you had put these guesses:
125 = Simoncelli, P.Nieto, Lai (you get 2.5 points for Simoncelli)
250 = Porto, Dovizioso (you get 0 point, you failed)
MotoGP = Gibernau, Rossi (you get 3 points for Rossi)

We will do a final classification in the middle of the season. after that, we will evaluate how the game has gone, and in case it is OK, we will do another classification for the second part of the season.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1338101)   #2
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
motogp Rossi
250cc Pedrosa
125cc Simoncelli

That sounds like a good idea Schummy, those who didn't start the season have a go at winning the second classification Then I might change my guessing style. As it is, I have big points to catch up on...
Old 23 Jun 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1338291)   #3
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
125cc Kallio, Simoncelli
250cc Pedrosa,Dovizioso
MotoGP Rossi
Old 24 Jun 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1339235)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
125cc Kallio
250cc Pedrosa
Moto GP Rossi, Gibernau
Old 25 Jun 2005, 01:21 (Ref:1339596)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
125 Talmacsi , Poggialli (bout time for a return to form for him)

250 Lorenzo , Stoner

Moto GP Rossi , Melandri
Old 25 Jun 2005, 06:56 (Ref:1339682)   #6
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm afraid the classic Saturday schedule in Assen will catch out of this round some people.

According to yahoo, there is 90% probability of rain in Assen today... where is Barros and West when we need them?

Anyway my bet:

125: Kallio, Pasini, Simoncelli, Luthi
250: Pedrosa, Stoner, Lorenzo (this guy is verrry quick.. if he keeps in the black part of the circuit)
MotoGP: Rossi (surprise!), Gibernau (I don't Gibe up...)

I think Melandri could be a dark horse shot, and if it rains Barros would be interesting. But I'm not going to guess that many people!
Old 25 Jun 2005, 07:12 (Ref:1339685)   #7
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

For the second competition of this season ("Autumn Cup") I am considering a change in rules consisting in "forbidding" those riders who wins too often (typically Rossi, Pedrosa). This way, guessing is more open, but, on the other side, things can be somehow more confussing for occasional play.

We will talk about it when season reaches midpoint. I'd like to know if someone has opinion about this.

Just to be more concrete, if we were using this rule Rossi and Pedrosa would be "forbidden" in guesses and as winners, because they have more than 50% wins.

(An interesting point arises if we drop any rider: if we drop Rossi's wins, Sete becomes almost dominant with 3 virtual wins out of 6 GPs, we almost have to drop him as well! In 250cc, after Pedrosa's drop, Stoner becomes near dominant with 3 of 6 virtual wins, and if we also drop him (c% then Dovi reaches the almost dominat status with 3 of 6 virtual wins. What a mess! )
Old 25 Jun 2005, 08:01 (Ref:1339702)   #8
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
motogp- Rossi
250- Stoner
125- kallio
Old 25 Jun 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1339708)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
We will talk about it when season reaches midpoint. I'd like to know if someone has opinion about this.
Personally Id say keep things the way that they are. The game is great as it is now.
Old 25 Jun 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1339751)   #10
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
cr** i forgot to enter ..
well i've missed 250 . so .

MotoGP . Rossi
125 Pasini

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Jun 2005, 04:31 (Ref:1340202)   #11
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

I'm really sorry, Dani, but rules are rules and this has been infamously "enforced" formerly

The time limit is one hour before the first race. Ask David, for example, about this particular issue

Rules are the tasteless side of games. I beg people to understand I'm not a dictator , just I try to do the best thing I think
Old 26 Jun 2005, 07:02 (Ref:1340236)   #12
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Rossi is the only real dominator so maybe 2 points for correctly guessing him (instead of 4) and normal points for the others. What do you think?
Old 26 Jun 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1340242)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 weeks in a row i have missed - my memory is slipping
Old 26 Jun 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1340505)   #14
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
I'm really sorry, Dani, but rules are rules and this has been infamously "enforced" formerly

The time limit is one hour before the first race. Ask David, for example, about this particular issue

Rules are the tasteless side of games. I beg people to understand I'm not a dictator , just I try to do the best thing I think

don't worry . if i can understand FIA's position . i can understand yours too

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Jun 2005, 04:29 (Ref:1343473)   #15
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

My lazy nature has brought me to wednesday to put the results. Frankly speaking I don't know how you are able to live all these days without knowing the score. You all are heroes

Some of the regulars could not put guesse in this round , but, on the other side, the rest of us used this to gain positions in the Champioship! How shameful of me to say this!

marcus was the best in Assen (except Valentino Rossi, of course), he was able to guess a Talmacsi win, apparently without smoking any herbaceus substance . He was the only one to get any points in 125cc, nobody got anything in 250cc, Porto's win caught all us in the backstep.

In MotoGP things are becoming boring: the only difference is if people put some name in addition to Rossi in their guesses. Everybody scored 3 or 4 points.
Code:
ASSEN:

125cc:
marcus   3

250cc:
Zero, null, nothing, etc

MotoGP:
DavidStH  4
beau1     4
asha      4
SALEEN    3
marcus    3
Schummy   3

Total:
marcus    6
DavidStH  4
beau1     4
asha      4
SALEEN    3
Schummy   3
In the championship, Bleu goes on dominating 125 and leading 250. In MotoGP I have surpassed Dani just because DF was unfortunate with the timing and could not put any guess

In the Total classification, Bleu and Schummy are closely together in the two top positions, Dani and SALEEN are close and now beau1 is approaching the head of the table.

BTW, someone knows how to make a "code" without those "windows", to be able to see it complete? (grrr... I dislike this "window" feature! )
Code:
CHAMPIONSHIP:

125cc:
Bleu   10
Schummy 6.5
gomick  4
marcus  3
beau1   3
SALEEN  3
Dani F  3
x_dt    3
asha    2.5
Hazza   2

250cc:
Bleu    12
SALEEN  11
Schummy 10
Dani F   9
beau1    7
asha     7
DavidStH 4
Ascii    4
gomick   4
Wingman  4
Hazza    5

MotoGP:
Schummy 17
Dani F  16
SALEEN  13
Bleu    12.5
beau1   10.5
marcus  10
DavidStH 8
Ascii    8
asha     4
Hazza    4

Total:
Bleu     34.5
Schummy  33.5
Dani F   28
SALEEN   27
beau1    20.5
asha     13.5
marcus   13
DavidStH 12
Ascii    12
Hazza    11
gomick    8
Wingman   4
x_dt      3
Next time we have that strange USA GP, with just MotoGP... not a lot from our game point of view. At least I hope Rossi doesn't win for the sake of variation.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 08:02 (Ref:1343567)   #16
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was on holiday and could not pick but luckily I stayed on top of rankings in overall, 250 and 125.

I watched the races from tape on Sunday evening without knowing the results (or even the grid except Kallio's pole in 125)

I "made" own picks just before those but of course I knew they are not eligible, probably like this:
125: Kallio, Talmacsi, Simoncelli
250: Lorenzo, Pedrosa
MotoGP: Rossi
Old 30 Jun 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1343627)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yay , i kicked it in 125's

Im quite happy with my reaults was able to make some ground

cant wait for laguna
Old 30 Jun 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1343805)   #18
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
wahey. not bad i can't believe no one got anything in 250. Hmm it will be hard for me to move up from my present position unless someone forgets to enter next round