Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 17 Oct 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1126663)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IRL To Sponsor Karting Series!

Now here is some really good news for the future! -

Stars of Karting today announced that the Indy Racing League will serve as the presenting sponsor of the Snap-on Stars of Karting Series through the 2007 season.

The Snap-on Stars of Karting presented by the Indy Racing League was designed to establish the proper structure and competition in American karting to allow a new generation of racing stars to flourish. Karts have been the career starting point for Michael Andretti, Helio Castroneves, Gil de Ferran, Dario Franchitti and Bryan Herta among many others.

The Snap-on Stars of Karting Presented by the Indy Racing League is an eight-race championship, divided into Western and Eastern divisions, with each division supporting six different classes of racing. The current class structure consists of ICC (125cc Shifter), ICA (100cc Direct Drive), 80cc Junior (80cc Shifter), JICA (100cc Clutch), EasyKart (125cc Clutch) and Cadet (80cc Clutch).

“We really are looking forward to building this relationship with the IRL,” said 1986 Indy 500 winner Bobby Rahal said. “I want to thank Tony George, Ken Ungar and the entire IRL group for their support of the Stars of Karting and joining our good friends at Snap-on as a major partner. I think the two series working together will form a strong union, benefiting fans and young drivers alike for years to come.”

Every Stars competitor, official, kart and vehicle will carry the IRL brand logo. In addition, the IRL will gain exclusive access to Stars’ competitors, teams, fans and the karting community through specialized marketing programs.

Stars of Karting series title sponsor Snap-on is happy about the latest addition to the series as well. “We are thrilled that the Indy Racing League has stepped up to serve as Presenting Sponsor of the Snap-on Stars of Karting,” commented Carl Johanson, Manager of Motorsports for Snap-on. “Snap-on, like the IRL, believes in the future of motorsports and it starts right here with the Snap-on Stars of Karting Presented by the Indy Racing League.”

This must have been the announcement that we were talking about. Didn't expect this, but I think its great! Karting is the first step to an open wheel carrer.

Danica Patrick
Old 17 Oct 2004, 15:28 (Ref:1126704)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Now here is some really good news for the future! -

Stars of Karting today announced that the Indy Racing League will serve as the presenting sponsor of the Snap-on Stars of Karting Series through the 2007 season.

The Snap-on Stars of Karting presented by the Indy Racing League was designed to establish the proper structure and competition in American karting to allow a new generation of racing stars to flourish. Karts have been the career starting point for Michael Andretti, Helio Castroneves, Gil de Ferran, Dario Franchitti and Bryan Herta among many others.

The Snap-on Stars of Karting Presented by the Indy Racing League is an eight-race championship, divided into Western and Eastern divisions, with each division supporting six different classes of racing. The current class structure consists of ICC (125cc Shifter), ICA (100cc Direct Drive), 80cc Junior (80cc Shifter), JICA (100cc Clutch), EasyKart (125cc Clutch) and Cadet (80cc Clutch).

“We really are looking forward to building this relationship with the IRL,” said 1986 Indy 500 winner Bobby Rahal said. “I want to thank Tony George, Ken Ungar and the entire IRL group for their support of the Stars of Karting and joining our good friends at Snap-on as a major partner. I think the two series working together will form a strong union, benefiting fans and young drivers alike for years to come.”

Every Stars competitor, official, kart and vehicle will carry the IRL brand logo. In addition, the IRL will gain exclusive access to Stars’ competitors, teams, fans and the karting community through specialized marketing programs.

Stars of Karting series title sponsor Snap-on is happy about the latest addition to the series as well. “We are thrilled that the Indy Racing League has stepped up to serve as Presenting Sponsor of the Snap-on Stars of Karting,” commented Carl Johanson, Manager of Motorsports for Snap-on. “Snap-on, like the IRL, believes in the future of motorsports and it starts right here with the Snap-on Stars of Karting Presented by the Indy Racing League.”

This must have been the announcement that we were talking about. Didn't expect this, but I think its great! Karting is the first step to an open wheel carrer.
And hopefuly it can bring some new American talent into the league.

Old 17 Oct 2004, 15:55 (Ref:1126720)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, thats probably the idea, to let young American kids know that there is something other than NASCAR out there.

Got to grab em while there young!

Danica Patrick