Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 16 Jun 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1330777)   #1
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zetec festival????

According to club autosport this week the Fford festival could change back to zetec as ford has expressed an interest in the festival this year,a number of teams who race in in France, Belguim,sweden,scandinavian championships etc have expressed an interest in taking part due to there being no clashes with their championships this year!

i personlly feel that it would be a huge blow to many of the kent engine'd runners and also think the entry would be greater if it was to run for them.

Its all well and good promising to come from abroad and with the state of the british championship i think the brscc would be taking a huge risk in changing the format again.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1330790)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's be honest, the Festival wasn't going to be FF1600's biggest event of the year anyway. Even if the Zetecs do come back, I would think that there will still be as much Kent action as was anticipated. I don't think it would be a huge blow to Kent drivers as I didn't speak to anyone at all who was greatly excited about FF1600 being the main event rather than a high-quality support race. Most recognised that, to some extent, it devalued the Festival title.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1330883)   #3
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Most recognised that, to some extent, it devalued the Festival title.
Spot on.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1330890)   #4
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since the advent of Zetec {wash my mouth out with soap} the Brands Festival meeting has been an end of season FF1600 meeting that just happened to have a handful of the 1800cc things in the garages. The Festival has been for Kents since 1972.
This year will be no different.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1331017)   #5
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Regardless of whether or not there was going to be a massive turn out of Kents. The point is, the BRSCC didn't know this as yet, but they have seen fit to make the move back towards Zetecs to bow to the requests of our European Brothers.

To me, it would appear to be another kick in the teeth to the FF1600 clubbie. We'll take your money until something comes along better. Ford have clicked their fingers and it's "See ya" 1600 boys.

Always the bridesmaid eh???????

I for one, whilst enjoying watching the Festival, but will not be competing, whatever the BRSCC decide. Over priced and too far. Give me the Walter Hayes any day.

And if that proves the BRSCC right in changing their minds, then so be it. We pay their wages week in and week out and they'd throw us aside that easy for the sake of joey foreigner who wants to come and play at the end of the year??????? They can keep their Festival.......
Old 16 Jun 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1331029)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair the Festival is about getting together the best Formula Ford drivers from around the world, and going back to Zetec would move closer than that. If they do go back in that direction, the only unfortunate thing is that they ever announced the switch to FF1600 in the first place!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1331104)   #7
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Correction Ian.

Who said they are the best Formula Ford drivers. They may be the best funded, but I would defy anyone to say that there are not better drivers in FF1600.....

Look at the competitivness of MSV this year??????

I don't see the Zetec's being asked to support the A1 GP!
Old 16 Jun 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1331114)   #8
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I'd agree that there are drivers in FF1600 better than in Zetecs. And vice versa. I was more thinking of the "around the world" part of what I said. In theory, Zetec is still the premier FFord category, however well supported it might not be, and as such to give the Festival title to what is, you have to admit, a club racing category, slightly cheapens those great drivers who have achieved so much before.
Old 16 Jun 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1331162)   #9
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Why would it cheapen it.

If Zetec died and Ford never established another format for a premier series, we would still run the Festival for FF1600's. Wouldn't we?

Regardless of level, A Formula Ford Festival winner is something to take note of. He, or she, has had to beat a rather large number of competitive drivers to get to where they are.

It's no mean task regardless of the equipment.

Listen at the end of the day, the BRSCC are being drawn by the main factor in all of this. Money moeny money. Joey Foreigner will pay mega bucks to come and race in the Festival and the average Clubbie will want it as cheap as.

Top and bottom of it really. Not prestige. Not esteme. Money. Pure and simple.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1331329)   #10
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
Since the advent of Zetec {wash my mouth out with soap} ......
Are these the words of the man who was promoting a Zetec championship in the NW but a few years ago...double standards or what?
Old 19 Jun 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1332710)   #11
itsonlyme
Racer

England
itsonlyme has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy

I for one, whilst enjoying watching the Festival, but will not be competing, whatever the BRSCC decide. Over priced and too far. Give me the Walter Hayes any day.

And if that proves the BRSCC right in changing their minds, then so be it. We pay their wages week in and week out and they'd throw us aside that easy for the sake of joey foreigner who wants to come and play at the end of the year??????? They can keep their Festival.......
well why not call their bluff and all the ff1600 boys and girls boycott the festival, then the BRSCC will only have a handful of foreign zetecs and a smaller handful uf uk zetecs to fill a weekends meeting (they should get value for money because without the ff1600 gang they would have lots of track time)

they could even consider other 'top' formulae to replace ff1600 at the festival such as :- 2cv's, beetle funcup, tidlywinks, etc etc because boy they are crowd pullers

and when the BRSCC see the success of WALTER HAYES (again) they should see that money from abroad isnt the answer.

DOESNT THE BRSCC TOP DOGS READ SITES LIKE THIS TO SEE WHAT THE NORMAL RACER WHO (AS WALSHY SAYS) PAYS THEIR WAGES WEEK IN WEEK OUT, ACTUALLY WANT?
Old 19 Jun 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1332737)   #12
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenRae
Are these the words of the man who was promoting a Zetec championship in the NW but a few years ago...double standards or what?
Yes Steve, but it was 'a few years ago' and I - at the time - firmly believed that 'senior' Zetec would continue at a just about acceptable level. That would have released cars from the senior series down to two club series [North and South].
That would have allowed a few potential hot shots to 'move up' to FF1800 [as it must be called at a club level] and more gentleman type drivers to fill out the grids.
OK, so I got it wrong. Even I am allowed the odd mistake. I was sort of right though. The current Clubmans FF1800 series does seem to be comprised of mainly Southern type gentlemen drivers who want to drive their cars in a series that they perceive as not as cut and thrust as FF1600. Also they are reluctant to travel away from their southern base.
And it looks like there aren't many 'gentlemen' in the North to replicate them.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1332891)   #13
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlyme
DOESNT THE BRSCC TOP DOGS READ SITES LIKE THIS TO SEE WHAT THE NORMAL RACER WHO (AS WALSHY SAYS) PAYS THEIR WAGES WEEK IN WEEK OUT, ACTUALLY WANT?
But why should they read what you post somewhere nothing to do with the club??

If you want to speak to the BRSCC I've used methods like telephone, letter, fax and email. My reply rate is 100%...
Old 19 Jun 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1332994)   #14
itsonlyme
Racer

England
itsonlyme has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i agree john, but one phone call wont make them change anything, and they wont do anything about it because at the end of the day most people will still enter the 'festival' regardless to what they believe, because it is a weekend away with good racing and good beer drinking and also a good chance to catch up with guys you dont see throughout the season, i was just voicing my opinion
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1333443)   #15
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Regardless of whether or not there was going to be a massive turn out of Kents. The point is, the BRSCC didn't know this as yet, but they have seen fit to make the move back towards Zetecs to bow to the requests of our European Brothers.

To me, it would appear to be another kick in the teeth to the FF1600 clubbie. We'll take your money until something comes along better. Ford have clicked their fingers and it's "See ya" 1600 boys.

Always the bridesmaid eh???????

Well said...it seems that what europe it gets,perhaps that's what the brscc is trying to do make less attractive to the clubbie by making it more expensive aferall many of the teams will have sponsers willing to help towards the cost something that not all clubbie drivers have to hand
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1333521)   #16
DALY
Racer

DALY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting reading.

if you need to know any factual information about the FFord Festival, try emailing steve@brscc.co.uk he is the coordinator, Alternatively email me, peter@dalys.co.uk

I can safely say that some of the BRSCC people do read the site, but cannot act on uninformed gossip.

Peter Daly
Old 19 Jun 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1333782)   #17
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Hardly uninformed Gossip Pete.

It appeared in Autosport...............
Old 19 Jun 2005, 23:27 (Ref:1333789)   #18
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quote:
Hardly uninformed Gossip Pete.

It appeared in Autosport...............
Your point being?
Old 20 Jun 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1333829)   #19
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Your point being?
I assume that the Chairman of the BRSCC being quoted in Autosport could be considered uninformed by some.
Also, a lot of the 'uninformed posters' on here are BRSCC Racing Members, i.e. 'those who pay the wages'
Old 20 Jun 2005, 00:21 (Ref:1333849)   #20
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Hi Diz.

Or should that be Howdy????

Back are we?????
Old 12 Jul 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1354216)   #21
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the Zetec Festival deal is done as UKFFC are sending out emails inviting Zetec drivers to race at the Brands round as practice for the Festival

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 12 Jul 2005, 23:08 (Ref:1354219)   #22
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be funny at Brands this month now that they have only 4 Championship drivers, 2 Scholarship drivers and one permanent guest driver.
Old 13 Jul 2005, 00:36 (Ref:1354256)   #23
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They want the Avon tyres clubman to join them rather than go to Rockingham

Entry is £220 but there's £70 Start money now for guest drivers £150 a round! last year they wanted nearly £1,000!

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 10 Aug 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1379163)   #24
STEVE MAGILL
Rookie

STEVE MAGILL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

why carnt we all enjoy the festival wether it be zetec or ff1600 i am sure it will be a good event. and i am sure no club wants to upset the 1600 guys