Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MONtoya: MONza, MONaco, MONtreal ?

What do you think ???
Old 2 Jun 2003, 15:47 (Ref:617906)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could be, he nearly won it last year. We'll see in 2 weeks time. If he drives as well as he did in Monaco, he can certainly challenge even if the car isn't as good as the Ferrari.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 15:50 (Ref:617909)   #3
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the Williams will be on par with the McLaren and the Ferrari on a powertrack like Canada. Podiumfinish perhaps.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 15:56 (Ref:617919)   #4
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't think I agre with that assessment. Williams were strong in Montreal the last two years - it is a track which rewards a good engine and strong brakes which are traditional William strengths. Also, Montoya was going very well in Austria, which has similar characteristics. I think Williams will continue to struggle at the pure aero circuits, such as Magny Cours (where I fancy Renault will shine) but the car clearly has some good points, especially with Montoya at the wheel.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 16:07 (Ref:617929)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's also a track that rewards reliability .

No way Villeneuve or Panis are finishing.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 2 Jun 2003, 17:59 (Ref:618116)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
It's also a track that rewards reliability .

No way Villeneuve or Panis are finishing.
If Williams had broke his Monaco duck last Sunday, why Jacques wouldn't have broken his own duck on his home GP (finishing in points)?

Please correct me If I said it wrong. I'm practicing conditionals in school!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 18:49 (Ref:618188)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Monster is gonna win at Montreal. Williams morale is up (oo, err!), Montoya is on fire now and, quite simply, Williams have been the better team at Montreal for two years now.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 18:50 (Ref:618190)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
I don't think the Williams will be on par with the McLaren and the Ferrari on a powertrack like Canada. Podiumfinish perhaps.

I'd almost agree with you on the Ferrari part of that hypothesis. As for the McLaren........does it have an engine compared with the Willy and Ferry?

Last edited by Knowlesy; 2 Jun 2003 at 18:51.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 18:53 (Ref:618197)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Sorry for the double post.......

Oh s*it, it's a triple post now! Ooh, the embarassment.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 19:49 (Ref:618294)   #10
MiniMe
Racer

MiniMe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL

I've been monitoring Montoya's monumental performances, Monza and Monaco being the best two. Whether the Monster stops monkeying around, breaks the monotony and monopolises a season like MS, depends how much money Williams spends on their monstrosity of a car. (At least that monger Frank puts a better team together than that mongrel monotreme, Jaguar!)

I doubt he'll score in Japan - due to the monsoons that month! Bernie isn't organising an F1 in Mongolia, is he?

Who knows, some day Monster may be crowned as monarch of F1, or he may retire to a monastery (not likely, he's a monogamist!) and I really can't see Montoya as a monk, although he may be a monotheist!

Ah, F1 is a monstrous montage of monopsony!

Will Montoya win Montreal? Not sure, but I'm looking forward to Monte Carlo again next year.

Thanks for reading my monotonous monologue
Old 2 Jun 2003, 20:12 (Ref:618319)   #11
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Well, actually, Monza is the track name, Monaco is the country/Grand Prix name, and Montreal is the city name - Italy, Monaco, and Canada? Sorry, no link there
Old 2 Jun 2003, 20:50 (Ref:618363)   #12
MiniMe
Racer

ASP ~ you just threw a monkey wrench in the monilia!

If you're going to be one-eyed, wear a .... monocle!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 20:55 (Ref:618369)   #13
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
Well, actually, Monza is the track name, Monaco is the country/Grand Prix name, and Montreal is the city name - Italy, Monaco, and Canada? Sorry, no link there
Bugger !

Thanks MM !, nice MON-whatever-it-was...
Old 2 Jun 2003, 21:00 (Ref:618378)   #14
MiniMe
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Thanks MM !, nice MON-whatever-it-was...
Monday?
Old 2 Jun 2003, 22:35 (Ref:618498)   #15
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a thread, I really liked all the mon..... stuff, anyway, as a Monty fan and fellow countrymen, I'm always looking for him to win, and he has performed very well on Canada, so i can say two in a row for JPM.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:08 (Ref:618527)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Don't think I agre with that assessment. Williams were strong in Montreal the last two years - it is a track which rewards a good engine and strong brakes which are traditional William strengths. Also, Montoya was going very well in Austria, which has similar characteristics. I think Williams will continue to struggle at the pure aero circuits, such as Magny Cours (where I fancy Renault will shine) but the car clearly has some good points, especially with Montoya at the wheel.
Agree with you once again Glen, this is becoming too much of a habit

I don't understand why anyone would think that the McLarens would be superior to the Williams at a track like Canada. I suppose that we'll find out in (nearly) 2 weeks time.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:12 (Ref:618532)   #17
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as two certain red cars are not on top the podium, I dont care! Who knows what will happen.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:12 (Ref:618536)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's change the names of some of the other circuits. What about.

Monverstone? Mongy Cours? Monuka? Monenheim? Mongary (my favourite!)? Monianapolis?

and maybe he can get the hat-trick by winning Le Mons?
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:13 (Ref:618538)   #19
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the first time I could say that about F1 in some time!

"Sorry for double posting"
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:14 (Ref:618540)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you remember 1996. We had Hill and Villeneuve driving for Williams. Their domination made the opposition sick.

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Jun 2003 at 23:14.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:28 (Ref:618553)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
just thinking, looking at the recent history for JPM and MONaco and MONtreal

Monaco....2001 crash 2002engine failure 2003win

montreal..2001crash 2002engine failure 2003 ?????

Last edited by Mr V; 2 Jun 2003 at 23:29.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:34 (Ref:618556)   #22
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You been looking at your stats book again V ?.....

mind you , i hope your right

Go JPM !
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:39 (Ref:618564)   #23
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look at Jacques' stats at Montreal...

1996: 2nd
1997: crash
1998: 12th
1999: crash
2000: into Ralf
2001: failure
2002: failure
2003?.... You bet.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:42 (Ref:618567)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
Look at Jacques' stats at Montreal...

2003?.... You bet.
bet on what?. crash, failure, into Rafe or points?
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:45 (Ref:618572)   #25
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by 2003, some fire-damaged wiring... Would be the third time this year.

But I'd bet on points!

Tags
jpm