Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Sep 2003, 03:05 (Ref:704434)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bathurst 24hr - Brock Makes a Comeback

This subject has been discussed in a few threads, thought it might be helpful to put it into one....

At the launch at OneWorldSport at Darling Harbour, Mr Palmer has confirmed the following runners for the 24hr race in November thus far....

Nominations advised so far for the 55 available starting positions include –

"Class A (cars complying to regulations for Australian Nations Cup-Group One, international FIA N-GT, British GTO, All Japan GT-Group Two, American Grand-Am, Lamborghini Trophy):
- Team Lamborghini Australia (Lamborghini Diablo GTR, driver Paul Stokell & others)
- Garry Rogers Motorsport AUS (2 x Holden Monaro, 05# Peter Brock, Greg Murphy, Jason Bright, Todd Kelly; 427# Garth Tander, Steven Richards, Nathan Pretty, Cameron McConville)
- PHR Scuderia AUS (2 x Ferrari 360 GT, 1 x Porsche GT3 RS, 1 x TBA, John Bowe & others)
- Graham Nash Motorsport UK (Porsche GT3 RS, Tommy Erdos, Mike Newton & others)
- Rollcentre Racing UK (Mosler MT900R, Martin Short)
- Balfe Motorsport UK (Mosler MT900R, Shaun Balfe, Jamie Derbyshire)
- CDL Racing UK (TVR Tuscan, Bert Taylor, Carl Hanson)
- Floyd Motorsport AUS (Porsche GT3 RS).

Class B (Australian Nations Cup-Group Two):
- Motorsport Innovations (2 x Maserati Trofeo)
- Kosi Kalaitzidis (TVR Chimera)
- Mark Coffey Racing (Ferrari 360 Challenge, Allan Simonsen, James Koundouris & others)
- John Teulan (Ferrari 360 Challenge, Porsche GT3 Cup)
- Sterling Motorsport (BMW M Coupe, Porsche GT3 Cup, VJ Angelo & others).

Class C (FIA Super 2000): None advised.

Class D (Australian GT Performance):
- Peter Boylan (BMW M3, Peter Boylan & others)
- Team GT (Ford Falcon BA GT, Ford Falcon AU TE50, Trevor Haines, John Falk & others)
- Garry Holt (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII, Garry Holt & others)
- Wayne Russell (BMW M Coupe, Wayne Russell, Steve Cramp & others)
- Floyd Motorsport (Holden HSV GTS 300i)
- Anthony Alford (Nissan 200SX, Anthony Alford & others)
- Pro-Duct Motorsport (Mazda RX-7, Bob Pearson, Bruce Stewart & others)
- David Stewart (BMW M3, Tony Floreani & others).

Class E (Production Cars classes A, B, C, D):
p Ross Palmer Motorsport (Honda S2000, Mark Westbrook & others)
- Osborne Motorsport (2 x Toyota Celica)
- Scott Loadsman (Holden Commodore SS, Scott Loadsman, Ray Lintott, David Russell, Ian Luff)
- Andrew Leithhead (Alfa Romeo 156 GTA, Andrew Leithhead, Peter Doulman & others)
- Haysom Motorsport (Honda Integra Type R).

Class D (FIA Group N, FIA Super Production, NZ Schedule S, invited cars):
- SAE Racing (BMW 3 Series, Alex Yoong, Luke Searle, Alan Gurr, Geoff Full)."

...borrowed from www.procar.com.au

The interesting part is that Brock is back, with 3 heavy hitters as condrivers... it seems we will have Brockmania back again to help promote the event...

(Sorry for the edit, thought I shoudl make it more readable from the original site)

Last edited by GTRMagic; 1 Sep 2003 at 03:13.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Sep 2003, 03:49 (Ref:704440)   #2
White Knight

Ah ummm ...... it was Mr Cowley who confirmed the entries at OneWorldSport, not Mr Palmer who spoke of other matters concerning the race.

Old 1 Sep 2003, 04:37 (Ref:704450)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Palmer is owner of PROCAR, and on his very own site has been pumping up the release of this list. I am not at OWS today, but there are a few drivers not names that will be named shortly
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Sep 2003, 05:59 (Ref:704466)   #4
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is this a "comeback" for Brock? Has he raced previously this year? Yes, so it's not a comeback to racing - he's already been active in driving in 2003. Has he's raced in the 24hr before? no, so it's not a comeback to the Bathurst 24hr either.

What sort of comeback is this?
Old 1 Sep 2003, 06:04 (Ref:704469)   #5
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Bathurst 24hr - Brock Makes a Comeback

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
The interesting part is that Brock is back, with 3 heavy hitters as condrivers...
Sorry GTR, but I have to ask.... what is a "condriver", and who is being conned?

Last edited by alfasud; 1 Sep 2003 at 06:05.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 06:07 (Ref:704472)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A typo that I didnt get to fix inside my 10 minute limit?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Sep 2003, 06:25 (Ref:704478)   #7
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Fair enough GTR, I'm always getting caught out by the 10 min limit myself.

The list is almost as interesting for the things it doesn't list.... no M3 GTR, no "Jim Richards" and none of the Super2000 cars that were rumoured to be on their way. Hopefully we'll see some of those gaps filled in the next few weeks.

It's good to see two PHR Scuderia 360's entered, when the news release on the Procar site says "Prancing Horse Racing is in the final stages of closing a deal which will see the sale of John Bowe’s Nation Cup Ferrari 360 Michelotto to a leading European team". The statement says "We will also be preparing two Ferraris for the buyer to compete at the Bathurst 24 Hour and they have the option to purchase the second car after the conclusion of the race."
Old 1 Sep 2003, 06:35 (Ref:704486)   #8
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe that you can add at least one XR6Turbo to that list, the same car that was entered in the Targa Tasmania for MOTOR Mag editor Taylor.

And I quote,"Yep we will be at the 24hr definatley!!"
Old 1 Sep 2003, 06:42 (Ref:704493)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I read the PROCAR thing with the Ferraris being sold off, I can only presume the team is confident for announcing the deal before it is concluded.

That 360 Challenge car from Mark Coffey Racing should be a quiet achiever. If the car stays out of trouble, and the rubber band isnt stretched, it is certainly a top 10 candidate. These models seem to last all right in Europe, and if the approach isnt to bounce it off the limiter (unlike Bowe's car last year) it will surprise.

A late entry not above is a Morgan team coming out with the car that they wouldnt let run at LeMans....

Jim Richards will likely be in the PHR Scuderia Porsche, with Maher Algadri, but nothing is confirmed yet.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Sep 2003, 07:56 (Ref:704549)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are more cars to be added to the list of course, as there aren't 55 cars listed above.

Is looking good isn't it, can't wait to head up again for this years race
Old 1 Sep 2003, 08:28 (Ref:704578)   #11
DarthFalcon
Racer

Australia
Yavin
DarthFalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm suprised Ford haven't jumped into the idea of entering something spiffy for the race - the Monaro got big publicity last year - and the average person on the street would just hear 'Holden wins Bathurst Again', and think 'gosh they're the best' - best marketers, that's for sure....

Maybe Henry should have got a new GT(40) ready...Now that would be something to watch!
Old 1 Sep 2003, 08:50 (Ref:704600)   #12
TBMATT05
Rookie

TBMATT05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jason Bright and Greg Murphy make sense, I mean Brock's got a lot of time for Brighty and Murph has 24hr experience Racing in the 1996 LeMans and getting 2nd in his class (now who else on this forum would know that ). Toddler is probabaly the interesting choice for the final driver.

Its a shame not to see Larry there, but maybe he thinks doing the 1000 is enough, just like Brocky feels that the 24hr would be enough.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 11:22 (Ref:704711)   #13
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mosler, TVR, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Monaro-ish, Morgan - It's good to see the race on the up and up with entries like this. The best part is that they won't have to fill the grid with Mirages this year.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 11:34 (Ref:704722)   #14
Hunka
Rookie

Hunka should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would have been better is have the young guys in one monaro and have like Brock, Jim Richards, Perkins and like Harvey or someone in the other
Old 1 Sep 2003, 12:44 (Ref:704778)   #15
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That certainly put paid to the 'legends' car didn't it.

Fill the grid with Mirages.......at least they were quicker than the ancient MR2's
Old 1 Sep 2003, 21:28 (Ref:705122)   #16
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with this hibred class how many will last past the first hour it's not worth watching when cars are 10 and 20 laps apart.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 22:00 (Ref:705150)   #17
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian Motorsport is past needing a a big name to promote an event. The 24hours is a good race concept and motorsport in this country is now bigger than just one name.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 22:56 (Ref:705180)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A big name will help with the crowds though, thats likely the only bit that needs serious work over last year
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Sep 2003, 12:13 (Ref:705601)   #19
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
As much as i hope for a big crowd for the sake of the event, last year was fantastic as a spectator, wherever you went you could go straight to the fence, no big lines everywhere, it was great
Old 2 Sep 2003, 13:25 (Ref:705686)   #20
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought it was old news that brock would race at the 24rh & other than a promotional gimmick to get all the god oh mighty he's so f*****g good brock ass kissers to attend the meeting
Old 3 Sep 2003, 08:17 (Ref:706526)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definetly shaping up to be a memorable event. That list so far is quite awesome, the bit I most like is the factory Morgans aswell as stated above the Mark Coffey Racing 360 Challenge driven by A Simonsen and J Koundouris. Check out on the Procar site forums, that MCR is currently trying to put together a program to enquire a Ferrari 360 Michelletto for next years series , that would be great in the hands of Simosen. However back on track, what is more stunning about the entry list is what is missing from it, 2 Cirtek Porsches as well the Procar is currently in negotiations with the Spa 24 hour winning Porsche team Fresleigner or something like that.
Cant wait to see you all there this year.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 08:47 (Ref:706537)   #22
Tedebear
Rookie

Tedebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope we get to see as much as possible of it from the UK - the entry list is as DRT says excellent - including a very close personal friend on his second time out at Bathurst...Also Greg Murphy/Jason Bright will be a good team to watch - Brock of course included...Le Mans experience is invaluable...
Old 3 Sep 2003, 13:13 (Ref:706914)   #23
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simonsen says in the press today that he is looking for a V8 drive next season...
Old 3 Sep 2003, 13:46 (Ref:706943)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Yep, and just might already have one lined up too...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Sep 2003, 04:45 (Ref:707682)   #25
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a ford no 888 ?