Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: At which round will the 2003 F1 world drivers' championship be decided?
Germany/Hockenheim (unlikely ) 0 0%
Hungary/Hungaroring 1 2.44%
Italy/Monza 8 19.51%
USA/Indianapolis 20 48.78%
Japan/Suzuka 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Jun 2003, 18:29 (Ref:635793)   #1
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At which round will the 2003 drivers title be decided?

Michael has a 3 point lead with 8 races remaining - assuming there is no eleventh-hour reinstatement of the Belgian GP to the 2003 schedule. So the earliest the drivers title can be decided is in 4 races time at Hockenheim.

However the chances of that happening are remote. MS would have to win the next 4 races with, Kimi scoring no more than 3 points and nobody else overtaking him.

Will the title go down to the final round at Suzuka or will Michael (or Kimi) put a run together and seal the title in Italy or the US?
Old 18 Jun 2003, 19:14 (Ref:635862)   #2
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting - 4 votes, and all for USA.
I guess we all have same hopes - to leave it undecided for as long as possible, but it's too much to hope it'll end in the last race.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 19:18 (Ref:635869)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was my reasoning, ljakse.

Based on the reasoning that it has taken this long for Michael to get the lead of the championship I think it'll take him a little time to become uncatchable in the standings.

Oh, yeah, BTW I reckon it'll be Micheal!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 19:53 (Ref:635912)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Michael - Indy...
Old 18 Jun 2003, 20:25 (Ref:635943)   #5
MiniMe
Racer

MiniMe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Japan ...

there is six points separating TGF, Raikkonen and Montoya, who could all take the championship.

Alonso is eight points behind the leader, so even he could take the WDC if the others DNF.

And its the final lap -

Alonso is leading by three seconds;

2nd placed Montoya and Raikkonen have exchanged places three times in the last two laps;

Webber and TGF are duelling for fourth place 10 seconds behind Kimi;

Verstappen's Arrows-Bernie-Minardi is in sixth place ....

RING RING ... RING RING ...

what's that?

damn, the alarm clock just went off, time for MiniMe to get up

Last edited by MiniMe; 18 Jun 2003 at 20:26.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 21:37 (Ref:636021)   #6
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it could go down to the wire at suzuka, but this all depends on how good the new mac is, MS may build up a lead until the new car comes out, but kimi could crawl it back if the car is that good and itll be close. i cant see anyone else joining the battle, although it would be good
Old 19 Jun 2003, 01:36 (Ref:636149)   #7
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ideal scenario:
The Formula One circus heads to the Suzuka Circuit with one of the most compelling championships in recent memory winding down.
Michael Schumacher appeared to be on the fast track to the title after victories at the Nurburgring and Magny-Cours, but the Ferrari team has since been winless in the past five races. Kimi Raikkonen made a stunning drive in the rain at Silverstone when he spun at the Maggotts-Becketts complex on the first lap, rejoined in 18th, and drove like a man possessed, inheriting the lead on the final pit stop and never turning back. He followed this mythical performance with a victory in Germany and a second at the Hungaroring, which saw the maiden win for Fernando Alonso. The past two races have seen a sudden surge in the points by Juan Pablo Montoya, who went into Italy in fourth place behind Alonso and 25 points adrift of Schumacher. Montoya would win the next two races decisively, while Schumacher would lose a wing at the start at Monza, ultimately finishing seventh, and suffer a failed suspension at Indianapolis and retire. All the while, Raikkonen keeps putting up consistent finishes like he has all year, bringing the championship to what promises to be an exceptional climax.

Michael Schumacher is in the lead with 86 points. Raikkonen is in second with 84 points, and Juan Pablo Montoya sits in third with an outside chance at the title with 79 points.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 02:17 (Ref:636157)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzuka 2002.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 02:49 (Ref:636169)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe
2nd placed Montoya and Raikkonen have exchanged places three times in the last two laps;
Remember, this is Formula One, not Formula Vee
Old 19 Jun 2003, 04:17 (Ref:636212)   #10
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher M USA

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 19 Jun 2003, 07:33 (Ref:636310)   #11
LittleX
Rookie

LittleX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this year will be decided at the final round.
Michael won't be winning all of the remaining races. Montreal showed he was not the fastest person out there (mainly due to tyres), but still won. But others won't always throw their advantage away.
Saying that though, I do think he will still just edge it.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 09:57 (Ref:636397)   #12
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it seems that the tear should have a good end, with interest in the last races.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 10:49 (Ref:636450)   #13
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I predict championship will be decided in Indianapolis, but I hope for Suzuka.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 17:07 (Ref:636813)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indy seems like the msot likely predction. In a way, that would be better for the sport than Suzuka, because it would repair some of the publicity damage in the US caused by the 'formation finish' last year. But it really could go all the way, and any of Mcihael, Kimi, Alonso, Ralf and Montoya retain chances. Monza and Indy are 2 of Montoya's best tracks, Ralf's consistancey is a real asset this year, Alonso is improving fast, Kimi has a new car to come, and Michael is perhaps still the best.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 23:49 (Ref:638790)   #15
maxell
Rookie

maxell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love if Michael would win it in Monza. Can you imagine how that would be like!
Old 22 Jun 2003, 05:30 (Ref:638957)   #16
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it be decided at suzuka not sure who will win it yet.

Last edited by pb btcc; 22 Jun 2003 at 05:31.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 14:49 (Ref:642741)   #17
rmorfei
Rookie

rmorfei should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sincerely hope it goes down to the last two laps of the last race with the resulting World Champion winning by one point.
In reality it will probably be decided by Monza with M. Schumacher as Champion.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 22:20 (Ref:643171)   #18
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erm...you forgot to add "new" and "stupid" for the first option.

Sorry, I am already moody.
Old 26 Jun 2003, 11:58 (Ref:643646)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Suzuka, by one point, in the first corner both contenders crash into each other...

Uhn... I think I saw that happen before.