Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 23 Sep 2002, 10:06 (Ref:386448)   #1
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Low grids come September

I know we've had this sort of thing before, but I can't help returning home a bit worried after watching the BRSCC's meeting at Cadwell this weekend. Other than the Classic FFord 1600 which had over 20 cars, all the others (VSR, Super Coupes, Ford XRs) had less than a dozen on the grid. Yet, I saw the coupes at Croft in June and they had 18 cars! It is just Cadwell or is there another reason? What can be done?:confused:
Old 23 Sep 2002, 17:40 (Ref:386698)   #2
Nissan
Rookie

Nissan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know from our driver plus others we race with feel that Cadwell is just too narrow for saloon cars, maybe this is behind other drivers decision not to race ?
Old 23 Sep 2002, 17:51 (Ref:386705)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure why Cadwell is 'unpopular'. Is it because no one lives near it? (Marshals or Drivers).

My brief (race got cancelled, so I only practiced last year) experience of Cadwell was good. It was very very wet. I race an XJS, but the size of the car didn't bother me. There are some good straight sections and hills which give the power chance to show. But hustling through the wet, narrow wood section is fun too. I don't think it's too narrow and you can't get much wider than a Jag!

The fact that it is getting late in the year can't help. I think some drivers miss the later (and earlier) races if they can only do so many (for financial and time off work reasons). Might as well get the better weather. Can't say it bothers me and it's good to get some racing in before the long winter break!

Anyway, there is a couple of suggestion as to why!
Old 23 Sep 2002, 21:30 (Ref:386878)   #4
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We were told on Friday , that the racing had been cancelled ...