Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 Jan 2002, 16:04 (Ref:196055)   #1
sgrok
Racer

sgrok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Race School

Just how valid is the training/experience at Silverstone Race School?

I notice there are a few graduates to National FF this year.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 21:55 (Ref:196277)   #2
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would thoroughly recommend it, I was very impressed with both the depth and quality of teaching, and the experience of the instructors. My chief instructor was Michael Vergers, I will never forget him doing doghnuts with me in the cateham - awesome.

Ben Clucas has graduated form my course into Junior FF last year, and Xavier Maassen who raced for Van Kalmthout last year in the Benelux FF series was also on my course.I can vouch for Ben's skills at the wheel last year as I worked with him at Team MDR, but obviously he did have a good karting CV before he came to the Silverstone course. He won both races I entered on the course, I got a measily 3rd and a 5th

Most of the graduates can obviously be seen in the BRDC FF championship, with notable graduates such as Chaz Small and this years winner Daniel Clarke. Chaz didn't get on top of Junior FF but has gone quite well after switching to Aztec in Renualts. Dan is all set to race in the Junior FF series this year.

Jeremy List, the BRDC Class B champion did some races in the winter series with Murray racing, but didn't set the world on fire, but it was his first events in a pukka FF so its hard to judge him.

Blimey I can rant on when I'm supposed to be writing about computational fluid dynamics at Uni...oh well, there's my 2 or 10 cents....

Andy