Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Feb 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1517055)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bargs Finds A Home...

Whispers from the Melbourne powder room, suggest that 2000 Bathurst winner Jason Bargwanna has found a new team to call his own in 2006.

In no real surprise, Mr Bargwanna has stepped up to the lead driver position at the newly revitalised Gore/Larkham partnership team.

This was apparently in the offing all the time the discussions were happening, however it took until the powder room boys got their houses in order to make it happen with a squiggle on a piece of legally binding contract....

What has also transpired from the room filled with pot pourri and nice chairs for relaxing.. is that the driver to be replaced is actually David Besnard. I myself would have thought Mr Baird was under more of a threat, but it seems Mr Besnard is no longer a starter in the main series for the Gore/Larkham operation this season. Perhaps an enduro drive beckons... or a chat with Mr Rogers... a shame considering having to put up with some poor equipment and some interesting management over the last few years.. 2006 should have been the reward year....

Assuming any of this actually happened of course
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Feb 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1517071)   #2
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think Baird would be the better choice over besnard...?
Old 7 Feb 2006, 09:26 (Ref:1517081)   #3
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Whispers from the Melbourne powder room, suggest that 2000 Bathurst winner Jason Bargwanna has found a new team to call his own in 2006.

I am a bit worried baout you GTR you spend a lot of time in this Powder room, hope your real name isnt Alan Jones
Old 7 Feb 2006, 09:27 (Ref:1517082)   #4
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That is great news if your whipers come true GTR, great news for Bargs and his fan base, but not so for Besnard.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 7 Feb 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1517084)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbond
I am a bit worried baout you GTR you spend a lot of time in this Powder room, hope your real name isnt Alan Jones

Its all Cashmere Bouquet... in Lavender...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Feb 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1517085)   #6
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree James ... and GTR i also believe that Holdsworth is a done deal at GRM ... so no where for Bezzy to go
Old 7 Feb 2006, 09:43 (Ref:1517086)   #7
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The team have had a controversial, up and down relationship with Besnard, I would have thought he would be first to go rather than he more team friendly Baird.
Old 7 Feb 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1517088)   #8
Pirtek_Falcon-1
Racer

Pirtek_Falcon-1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its great for Bargs, but now Bezzys left without a drive. Maybe an enduro drive with one of his old teams?
Old 7 Feb 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1517093)   #9
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its all Cashmere Bouquet... in Lavender...
If you start singing Gloria then there really is a problem
Old 7 Feb 2006, 10:02 (Ref:1517099)   #10
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it really good news though for Bargs................................................... I mean on the one hand, yes you need to be in the main series to keep yourself up to speed. But if its behind the wheel of a P O S it can do more harm than good.

Now first of all let me say I am a Bargwanna fan, I think he is fantastic for the sport, shows a tremendous amount of enthusiasm when he wins and gives 120% at all times but is this move really better than say an enduro role with SBR or 888?

Time will tell..................................I wish him and the team the best but I just dont think it will happen here for him.

One other thing it may have been answered already, but what chassis are they using for next year? Old LMS, old WPS or newbies?
Old 7 Feb 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1517108)   #11
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you start singing Gloria then there really is a problem

Beat me to the punch(line)
Old 7 Feb 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1517115)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by adz_34
One other thing it may have been answered already, but what chassis are they using for next year? Old LMS, old WPS or newbies?
We are more than likely going to see Mr Bargwanna in his 2005 chassis equipped with a Hasted engine... and a new for 2006 livery...

Mr Bazil can confirm of course

Oh... and this is the only powder the boys and girls use in their current refreshing establishments across the land....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Feb 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1517123)   #13
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We are more than likely going to see Mr Bargwanna in his 2005 chassis equipped with a Hasted engine... and a new for 2006 livery...
Excellent all he has to do is lose is Target sponsership and we might see him fly........... seriously who wants to bet me that in the opening races of Clipsal he wont be tagged or punted into a wall?
Old 7 Feb 2006, 10:40 (Ref:1517126)   #14
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Bazil hasn't been confirming much lately. And when he did it ended up being wrong, or at least superceded.
Old 7 Feb 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1517128)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Mr Bazil hasn't been confirming much lately. And when he did it ended up being wrong, or at least superceded.
Ah its funny... maybe he was Guessing The Result this time
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Feb 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1517131)   #16
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With only humor in mind, there are two types of "powder" rooms. Up your nose or on your face!
Old 7 Feb 2006, 10:49 (Ref:1517136)   #17
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bazil's buggered off..... maybe Bazil is Besnard? Lost his job and internet access?
Old 7 Feb 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1517157)   #18
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If true its great news that Bargs still has the gig, could never see why they wouldn't take him and it makes the whole scenario more acceptable. Still may need a user name change though...

Larko, We miss you.
Old 7 Feb 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1517192)   #19
FalconXRated
Racer

FalconXRated should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

In no real surprise, Mr Bargwanna has stepped up to the lead driver position at the newly revitalised Gore/Larkham partnership team.

What has also transpired from the room filled with pot pourri and nice chairs for relaxing.. is that the driver to be replaced is actually David Besnard.

With DJR being on the outer with a lot of fans and with SBR & 888 doing so well, we might just have a huge wave of support for the new QLD underdogs of WPS.
With Gores mug not on the TV so much, Larkham on the TV and Bargs and Baird in the seats there may well be a huge ground swell of support for this team from average punters.

I never thought i would say this but in this form with these drivers I will support WPS over DJR this year, give me Bargs and Baird over the son and the kid anyday.
Old 8 Feb 2006, 00:17 (Ref:1517668)   #20
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Deleted due to 2nd thought (bad taste)
Old 8 Feb 2006, 01:57 (Ref:1517709)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXRated
With DJR being on the outer with a lot of fans and with SBR & 888 doing so well, we might just have a huge wave of support for the new QLD underdogs of WPS.
Do you remember what team we are talking about here!
Old 8 Feb 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1517716)   #22
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
We
Prefer
Seton

... was the byline some of you were hoping for...

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 8 Feb 2006, 03:56 (Ref:1517753)   #23
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

This was apparently in the offing all the time the discussions were happening, however it took until the powder room boys got their houses in order to make it happen with a squiggle on a piece of legally binding contract....

What has also transpired from the room filled with pot pourri and nice chairs for relaxing.. is that the driver to be replaced is actually David Besnard. I myself would have thought Mr Baird was under more of a threat, but it seems Mr Besnard is no longer a starter in the main series for the Gore/Larkham operation this season. Perhaps an enduro drive beckons... or a chat with Mr Rogers... a shame considering having to put up with some poor equipment and some interesting management over the last few years.. 2006 should have been the reward year....

Assuming any of this actually happened of course
It appears that I have been missed if even only a little bit...
The above unfortunatley must be pure speculation as I can tell you for sure that that fat lady is out to lunch at the moment and there is no singing just yet. My vow of silence will be come apparent shortly
Old 8 Feb 2006, 04:02 (Ref:1517756)   #24
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
Hey Pete,

"Superceded" if that is the word used when things qiuckly change, (which they do in this game) then fair enough. Still waiting though to be shown were I have been wrong? Tough crowd......
Old 8 Feb 2006, 04:09 (Ref:1517758)   #25
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I hope it's true.
Someone has to miss out, as 3 into 2 won't go.
If I had to choose, it would be Bargs and Baird, no doubt.