Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 25 May 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1309737)   #1
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quiet weekend?

Just looking atthe coming weekend schedule and see only one meeting (a clubbie at Castle Combe) on Bank Holiday Monday,previously the busiest day of the year.Anyone know why this is? Why race at Thruxton on Sunday rather than the traditional Monday,when most people will stay home to watch the GP?
Old 25 May 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1309788)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Definitely very quiet over the weekend on the whole. Monday does actually also involve the concluding part of the 2CV 24hour meeting at Snett, but 2 meetings on a Bank Holiday Monday is definitely not normal.
I wonder if there's a large number of bike meetings over the weekend instead?

That said, after all the discussions we frequently have about too many meetings too close together, it does make a refreshing change!

Last edited by Asp; 25 May 2005 at 13:10. Reason: Spellage
Old 25 May 2005, 12:43 (Ref:1309817)   #3
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only know superbikes at Silverstone, that's it.
Old 25 May 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1309821)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
There's something on at pretty much most circuits, although not that much on Monday

Thruxton Sat/Sun - F3/GT
Snetterton Sat/Sun/Mon - 2CV 24hrs
Pembrey Sat/Sun - bikes
Brands Hatch Sat/Sun - bikes
Cadwell Sat/Sun - bikes
Silverstone Sat/Sun - WSB
Anglesey Sun
Knockhill Mon - RallyX
Mallory Mon - bikes
Castle Combe Mon - BRSCC
Old 25 May 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1309843)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Seems like the bike boys have it then!
Old 25 May 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1309897)   #6
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
There's something on at pretty much most circuits, although not that much on Monday

Anglesey Sun
Is the second day of a two day sprint meeting, however, there are bikes on on Bank Holiday Monday and it'smy Dad's birthday.

Also perhaps people are getting their strength up for Terri's (EP) birthday on Tuesday.

Old 26 May 2005, 00:10 (Ref:1310320)   #7
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Knockhill Mon - RallyX
The rallycross at Knockhill is on Sunday.
Old 26 May 2005, 01:49 (Ref:1310340)   #8
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's bikes at Cadwell on Monday, I think my mate is racing, I'd better check though, because I was considering going, don't want to drive 3 hours for nothing...
Old 26 May 2005, 08:00 (Ref:1310462)   #9
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
There's bikes at Cadwell on Monday, I think my mate is racing, I'd better check though, because I was considering going, don't want to drive 3 hours for nothing...
If so their publicity must be poor. I live about 15miles from the place but have seen nothing.Actually my original post referred to motor racing-not really interested in bikes or rallycross,sprints,etc. 50 years ago next monday 30th,I went to Crystal Palace and fell in love with the sport. I want to see single seaters racing on roads feet from the spectator fence. What I was saying was that for the first time in 50 years there is no serious opportunity to do this on spring holiday monday.
Old 26 May 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1310563)   #10
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Of course the worlds premiere racing seris will be visiting the one of the worlds most prestigeous venues - The British Speed HillClimb Championship will be at Gurston Down near Salisbury.

Seriously though, a national weekend at Gurston is one of the best weekends sport on offer just about anywhere, all speccies, Marshals & visitors are very welcome.
Old 26 May 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1310614)   #11
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And for those of a vintage bent the VSCC are at Oulton Park on Saturday (with the HGPCA)