Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 28 May 2003, 13:32 (Ref:612487)   #1
KPC
Racer

England
Well below that pie in the sky
KPC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merchandise

Well, there aren't many threads being posted about Thruxton... on account of the fact that not an awful lot happened, bar one mighty pile up and Morrison starting the race an hour early.

Now, I will let my previous thread entitled car stickers lie and start a new one. After my complaints about the lack of merchandise usually available at circuits I must confess that I was very impressed with Thruxton. You could even buy a hot tub!! The Vauxhall shop was a welcome addition, following in the footsteps on MG by the looks of things. I got myself a nice little keyring and the tin it came in was even posher.. now a fag tin for the misses.... Hobson's Choice me. I also got a nice VX ruck sack. Now it can be said that I have a bit of a ruck sack fettish and through many years (and bags) experience, know my stuff. For thirty quid it is a damn good buy... not just a glorified holdall with a VX logo to up the price, but a well thought out piece of kit. Happy as a pig in s...e me. The other stalls also had some good bits and bobs... even got some very tasteful coasters of 1950's Le Mans type things. Anyway, between the two of us and £200 we didn't come home with alot of change. Even though much was spent, a fair bit was bought for the dosh... you don't mind spending it if it is reasonably priced, unlike Grand Prix Legends prices. Well done Vauxhall, hope they keep it up, and it would be nice if Honda or Pug fans could be offered the same kinda thing.....
Old 28 May 2003, 13:44 (Ref:612500)   #2
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sense `F1 Speed` disappeared its be hard for the young ones of get a real bargain for around £30 these days. It would be nice if Grand Prix Legends would reduce their prices, as they are a right ripe off!

But it would be nice if you could get nice kind of cheap stuff like model cars, hats, t-shirts, maybe even posters for good money.

Sounds like Vauxhall are making improvements to he merchandise stands though.
Old 28 May 2003, 14:02 (Ref:612523)   #3
KPC
Racer

England
I was fleeced buying a fleece in GPL. I did it once to say I had done it. If I have the money I like to spend it... that's what life's about.... go to work, take the money... go home and buy yourself something nice... otherwise what's the point in living? But the last few years I was in a situation where I didn't have the proverbial pot and so although have spent many years on a reasonable wage, know what it is like to not even be able to treat yourself to a programme... or even burger on occasion. Fortunately those days are over... However, I have a renewed appreciation that many of the younger fans - who probably long for merchandise more so than us oldsters - just can't afford the stuff. I thought the Vauxhall shop had some very nice stuff, many items the type of thing you could give someone as a present, and they were all mid-range prices... not tat, not an arm and a leg... long overdue.
Old 28 May 2003, 14:16 (Ref:612528)   #4
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SPARK Msport
Sense `F1 Speed` disappeared
F1 Speed now operate under the name Rally Speed.
Old 28 May 2003, 14:49 (Ref:612560)   #5
KPC
Racer

England
If you wanna see GPL mark-ups, go on Dread's website... someone's having a laugh.
Old 28 May 2003, 17:03 (Ref:612651)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.tsf1.com . Sorry to harp on about the place I work at but we really are rather good (and despise GPL (the shop) with a passion), and will have everything sent out to you within few days at a cheaper postage price than GPL.
Old 28 May 2003, 17:57 (Ref:612709)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm a great Grand Prix Legends fan, but of the sim not the shop. If you think they're expensive here, you should try buying stuff from their stall at Le Mans!
Old 28 May 2003, 18:09 (Ref:612720)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WARNING GPL RANT

It's funny for us because we get regular bashings from them in their catalogues, "a competiter of ours is claiming such and such". It's pathetic really. We sell everything at RRP or lower and don't see how GPL have the gawl to add 2 or 3 quid to the merchendise and then charge a fortune to send it out within 28 days!! The trouble is the F1 virgins are the biggest spenders and GPL have that market sewn up with the resources to blanket promote and so raise awareness. We like to aim at the customers who actually give a stuff about motor racing. We really don't stand a chance.

RANT OVER
Old 28 May 2003, 19:34 (Ref:612800)   #9
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
One company that I do feel should be advertised better is ModelZone. I know there arent everywhere in the UK, but I have know one in the St Nicholas Centre in Sutton and boy do they cut back on prices! They do `SALES` every month and there are now clearing out the 01' F1 cars half price! Shame they dont have a web site or do race meetings as they really are value for money! Eat your heart out GPL!

Back to BTCC, Toca do a stand, tho i didnt go and take a look last time i saw it, are the prices there ok?
Old 28 May 2003, 20:52 (Ref:612892)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, it would be interesting to see if any members connected with the companies mentioned want to defend themselves here?
Old 29 May 2003, 06:55 (Ref:613157)   #11
maplex
Rookie

maplex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Model Zone does have a web site, but it is under construction at the moment. (http://www.modelzone.co.uk/)

If you are a complete racing nut and would like unique racing memorabilia, then try looking at the Alex Reade web site. You can buy one of Nigel Mansels helmets for £15,000 or Damon Hills for £13,000 - what a bargain!
Old 29 May 2003, 08:45 (Ref:613234)   #12
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
Cheers maplex! Nice to know modelzone are building a web site...be interesting to see what GPL think of this