Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Nov 2004, 08:01 (Ref:1147213)   #1
NOIDEAR
Rookie

NOIDEAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats with AVESCO?

What is with AVESCO? A quick check of next years calender sees The V8's again clashing with the Australian Round of the World Rally Championship.If TC is trying to make people decide which sport they support, it has worked. I will be going to Perth!!When is CAMS going to apply the same rules to all. I am positive if AVESCO tryed to calender a V8 round in Tassie the same weekend as the AGP it would never happen.Question is what can us plebs do about it?hrug: hrug: hrug: hrug:
Old 8 Nov 2004, 10:54 (Ref:1147352)   #2
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A clear statement of support to move the WRC to the East Coast. Adelaide was too far for CAMS.
I remember Bob Morris considering Queensland too far away in the A9X days, so CAMS have progressed - by 2010 we can expect them to move (just) into the 21st century.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 19:49 (Ref:1147856)   #3
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't be too phased, guys - especially given the state of the WRC Championship for 2006 with about 3 manufacturers looking to exit.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 22:50 (Ref:1148074)   #4
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The rules are (or at least were unless they've been changed) that you cannot put a National championship event against an International event in the same region. The definition of region in Australia is State.

The V8s ran into this problem in 1996 - they put the opening day/night round of the ATCC at Eastern Creek on the same weekend as the International Kart GP at Oran Park.

Technically, the karters had the right to refuse the V8s a run, but in the real world that was never going to happen. Channel 7, CAMS and a couple of ATCC sponsors helped smooth things over.

Shame, because that year you could have watched Jarno Trulli, James Courtney, Ryan Briscoe racing karts, along with other guys that most of you wouldn't have heard of, but in the 'purest motorsport' (Senna's words) were the equal of the guys above.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1148102)   #5
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A law unto themsleves, unfortunately.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 12:16 (Ref:1148443)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
I wouldn't be too phased, guys - especially given the state of the WRC Championship for 2006 with about 3 manufacturers looking to exit.
With the FIA aiming to implement new, prodcutiion based WRC regulations for 2006 and beyond. I dont think manufacturer involvement is going to be an issue.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 21:28 (Ref:1150917)   #7
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Super 2000 regs have yet to be approved by anyone and contributed to PSA leaving the sport.

AVESCO wanttheclashwith Rally Oz, as it will keep another form of the sport off TV.

IF the WRC wants respect from AVESCO, then they want dual top billing, and Langley Park ripped up for a new V8 paddock complex so everyone in the Perth CBD, oh and did I mention that AVESCO has an axe to grind with Perth anyway after the street race fell through?

Naaahhhh, too early to be chucking around conspiracy theories.

However, the opportunity for TC to get on TV over the issue and say "Look we know what the people really want. How many people you know own a Citroen Xsara. We have the cars and the stars, etc". It's probably worthwhile for them.