Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 30 Aug 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2278205)   #1
Darren Holmes
Racer

England
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Darren Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglesey Short of Marshals

Everytime i'm at Oulton and the subject of Anglesey comes up, people always tell me how short of Marshals they are, you could be flagging, post chief, IO and have the broom shoved...... all at the same time.

Looking at this picture I would suggest thats because the rest of you are on the pit wall

http://www.ukmotorsportpics.com/p23534129.html

Never been myself, hoping to get the permission slip for an end of year trip (300+ mile round trip). Are the "Angelsey Car Club" races any good?
Old 30 Aug 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2278211)   #2
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Holmes
Never been myself, hoping to get the permission slip for an end of year trip (300+ mile round trip). Are the "Angelsey Car Club" races any good?
In a word ........ Yes! Remember that they are only 1 day meetings but the grids are normally very good. Be prepared for a cold and / or wet day though.

Instead of an end of year visit why don't you get up next weekend for the two day BRSCC meeting. Double your days for the same amount of driving!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 30 Aug 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2278247)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aren't the Anglesey Car Club events non-MSA? It is the Anglesey Circuit Club meetings that you're probably thinking about Mike - this year scheduled for 30 November.
Old 30 Aug 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2278284)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Looking at this picture I would suggest thats because the rest of you are on the pit wall
That photo was taken on the old circuit, which had fewer posts than the commonly-used configurations on the new circuit! It was also taken at the December meeting, when there was nothing on anywhere else...

So when will we see you at Anglesey?
Old 30 Aug 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2278290)   #5
Darren Holmes
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
So when will we see you at Anglesey?
Dave, I am going to try & make the effort before the end of the season, but with the price of fuel at the minute she who must be obeyed is giving me grief as it is!
Old 30 Aug 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2278363)   #6
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Quote:
Dave, I am going to try & make the effort before the end of the season, but with the price of fuel at the minute she who must be obeyed is giving me grief as it is!
Tell her at 6am on a Saturday morning that your just nipping out and will be back before 9. As meetings at Anglesey end at 6pm you'll be back home before 9pm. When she gives you a hard time about where you've been just say that you were back before 9. Its just that you didn't specify which 9!!!!

p.s. Tried this once with my first wife. Might have something to do with the fact that she's no longer Mrs Kelly!

Old 31 Aug 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2278709)   #7
Darren Holmes
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1
Tell her at 6am on a Saturday morning that your just nipping out and will be back before 9. As meetings at Anglesey end at 6pm you'll be back home before 9pm. When she gives you a hard time about where you've been just say that you were back before 9. Its just that you didn't specify which 9!!!!

p.s. Tried this once with my first wife. Might have something to do with the fact that she's no longer Mrs Kelly!
LOL you are a brave man Mike
Old 31 Aug 2008, 13:57 (Ref:2278732)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Take her with you. Tell her you fancy a weekend at the seaside, then as you drive down the A55 spot the signs to the circuit, which you never knew was there!
Old 31 Aug 2008, 15:18 (Ref:2278785)   #9
Davie-c
Racer

Scotland
Armadale,Scotland
Davie-c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Angelsay is a great circuit.I was made welcome by all.Well worth the 700+ miles round trip for me.Will be back next year.Will try and get more of the Scottish Mad Marshalling Team to come along.The meeting that I done was run by BARC.It was at the beginning of August
Car Scrutineer
BMMC Member
Old 31 Aug 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2278791)   #10
Don`t mention the war!
Rookie

Wales
swansea
Don`t mention the war! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A little bird tells me that a national supermarket chain is strting to issue 5p off a litre of fuel vouchers again this week. every little helps!
Old 31 Aug 2008, 21:11 (Ref:2278955)   #11
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don`t mention the war!
A little bird tells me that a national supermarket chain is strting to issue 5p off a litre of fuel vouchers again this week. every little helps!
But you have to spend £50 first! mmmmm, £50 worth of beer!

Any way, back to thread, any marshals who fancy making the trip to Anglesey you'll be made more than welcome.

Old 1 Sep 2008, 07:36 (Ref:2279172)   #12
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Legends meeting is always a cracker (2 days) as is the NWFF et al when they descend on the mildly moist Isle of Anglesey. No matter what meeting you go to you'll always be welcomed, by far the friendliest circuit i've been to.