Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Apr 2011, 16:26 (Ref:2863841)   #1
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals volunteering

Julian and those involved in sending tickets out from Marshals.org online volunteering.

I volunteered late for the F2 meet this weekend at Silverstone and no tickets have arrived to date. I actually put the online request in via Marshals.org MSVR Silverstone 2011 application on Saturday.
My question is how long does it take for the online process to reach those who send the tickets out and therefore what is the cutoff period before an event that the Marshals.org process has a fighting chance of getting tickets to a late application.

Thanks,
Ian
Old 15 Apr 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2863846)   #2
Jacko
Rookie

England
Frimley, Surrey
Jacko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian I am sure that you could still marshal the event. Turn up at the gate in your overalls and they will let you in. I guess sign on is 7.30 in the usual place.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2863849)   #3
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You'd be welcomed with opened arms Ian, are you sorted now? If not I'll pm you my mobile number in case you have any probs.

I think you are just raising the question though rather than worrying about tomorrow and it's an interesting point.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 17:24 (Ref:2863876)   #4
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Penny's email:
"Sign on will be in the paddock bar, please take note of the time/s that apply to you. Please note slightly earlier sign on time

Saturday - between 7.15 and 8.00am on post time 8.15am

Sunday – between 7.15 and 8.00am on post time 8.15am

There will be a medical inspection at 8.25 and a Stewards inspection at 8.35

Free bottles of water will be available at sign please pick up a bottle, but do not take it with you to the till in the paddock cafe as you may be charged for it.!
Old 15 Apr 2011, 17:50 (Ref:2863887)   #5
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking forward to my medical inspection - nurses with rubber gloves presumably? Good to know that MSVR care that much about marshals' wellbeing!
Old 15 Apr 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2864021)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having been on the receiving end of the odd volunteer, they seem to come in almost straight away. That depends on the receiver checking their mail regularly, of course.

When I say 'odd volunteer' I mean... okay, you may have a point.
Old 20 May 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2883321)   #7
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Is anyone else having problems getting tickets after volunteering through Julian's website? I've volunteered for two MSVR and one HSCC meeting and have had problems getting the tickets in that I've had to chase them up with under a week to go before the event. ?
Old 21 May 2011, 07:24 (Ref:2883400)   #8
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Is anyone else having problems getting tickets after volunteering through Julian's website? I've volunteered for two MSVR and one HSCC meeting and have had problems getting the tickets in that I've had to chase them up with under a week to go before the event. ?
Yes - MSVR at Oulton (F3/GT).

Just assumed I'd volunteered too late - maybe it's a "computer says no" problem instead
Old 21 May 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2883547)   #9
sunny.traveller
Racer

sunny.traveller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Yes, almost all of my volunteering didn't appear to work and I only found out when Mildred emailed me to ask if I was doing any MSVR this year, in fact the only volunteering that has worked was for MGCC, all the others including 750 didn't, and I checked with Julian and he has no record of any of the others, and I know I spent the whole evening doing them!

I have now emailed some clubs direct just to make sure they have all my details

Last edited by sunny.traveller; 21 May 2011 at 16:34. Reason: missed off the last sentence!!!
Old 21 May 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2883672)   #10
Julian
Racer

United Kingdom
Towcester
Julian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all,
I dont look at this site on a regular basis so I had missed this thread.
I am not aware of any problems but if there are any please email me or pm on this site as I need your full names or email address to check things.
Ian - the only form that I have seen from you is for HSCC at Brands.
There were a few days in April when my web host had a problem but I didnt think anything was lost but it is always possible.
Form submissions are well up on last year and I have not seen bounce messages from Clubs so I suspect that any break in service was very brief and things are working correctly now.
Thanks,
Julian
Old 22 May 2011, 15:55 (Ref:2883958)   #11
Darren Holmes
Racer

England
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Darren Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the past i've only used the site for the comprehensive events list, this year I used it to volunteer for the first time, but only for MSVR events. On both occasions so far this year i've had the tickets ok but have not been down on the list when i've got to sign on!

No major problem and can't be a direct fault of the site if i've got tickets
Old 23 May 2011, 20:33 (Ref:2884735)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems to be just Oulton - didn't have passes for any meeting last year, and the one I volunteered for this year I wasn't on the list either. I've volunteered for other meetings via Julian's excellent site and never had a problem otherwise.
Old 23 May 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2884803)   #13
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
It seems to be just Oulton - didn't have passes for any meeting last year, and the one I volunteered for this year I wasn't on the list either. I've volunteered for other meetings via Julian's excellent site and never had a problem otherwise.
Sorry Chris it's not just Oulton; my meetings were at Brands and Silverstone.
Old 24 May 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2885168)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
OK. In my case it was just Oulton, which suggests the problem isn't with Julian's site so much as with whoever is receiving the e-mails. I've also received volunteers through the site so I know it works.